Quake the GOAT has been remastered (AVAILABLE NOW)

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Finished reading Masters of Doom last week so this is right on time. :blessed:

Great read for anyone interested in the period when video games transitioned form this home-brewed underground enthusiasm to a multi-billion dollar industry.

John Carmack comes off as a complete savant, the ways he was innovating GFX architecture were unheard of.

Apparently when he was a toddler his parents were worried because he didn't do any of that "gaga goo goo" shyt as an infant.

Then the first words they heard him say were "daddy I found your loofah" :russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Tried playin Quake 1 on xbox. The resolution bump is nice but these controls gotta go. Cant play this on controller, need mouse n keyboard. Quake 1 aint optimized for controller like Quake 3 was on the dreamcast.
Quake 3 wasn't optimized for a controller on Dreamcast, optimized :stop:
It worked, but it wasn't perfect
What settings did you do? I have the same problem with ports like Marathon, Doom, n Quake. Get dizzy n feel sick.
I never got sick but I was impressed with the speed (OG Doom)
Finished reading Masters of Doom last week so this is right on time. :blessed:

Great read for anyone interested in the period when video games transitioned form this home-brewed underground enthusiasm to a multi-billion dollar industry.

John Carmack comes off as a complete savant, the ways he was innovating GFX architecture were unheard of.

Apparently when he was a toddler his parents were worried because he didn't do any of that "gaga goo goo" shyt as an infant.

Then the first words they heard him say were "daddy I found your loofah" :russ:
That sounds scary as shyt, like that's something Lurch from Addams family would say
It's on there
:ohhh:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I'd love to see UT get this treatment. It's not like Epic doesn't have the cash to do it either

They tried. They had a open source version they released but it didn't gain too much traction really so it's on pause/hiatus.

Off topic, anyone down for some co-op? It's crossplay

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I am late night.

And I never liked unreal tournament :yeshrug:

Bet, send the invite whenever you're down bro. I think you got me added. Rem6randt

And I got into UT late when the PS3/360 one came out, but the real gem was that original Xbox unreal championship game.

Been saying it and God ain't struck me down yet for lying

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
So how is this shyt

It's cool. Looks as good as it can without raytracing. The aim is fukked on consoles according to ppl - I havent had an issue but I ain't even beat chapter 1 yet. Just noticed real sticky aim

Reminded me that I like doom way more though lol

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's on there
Is the multiplayer arena? I played a could rounds last night and it wasn't familiar...
Bet, send the invite whenever you're down bro. I think you got me added. Rem6randt

And I got into UT late when the PS3/360 one came out, but the real gem was that original Xbox unreal championship game.

Been saying it and God ain't struck me down yet for lying
I'm just seeing this, would have hit you up last night but after playing the online. Controls are not ideal for controller because you overshoot the edges. I handled it but it makes you wanna use a mouse combo. Doom controls tight on the controller,

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Controls are not ideal for controller because you overshoot the edges. I handled it but it makes you wanna use a mouse combo. Doom controls tight on the controller,

Yeah, the console controls are weird tbh. I'm tryna imagine how online would even really play with how wonky aiming is rn.

I've never used gyro controls but this game seems kinda perfect for it. I think ps5 and switch has it but I haven't heard ppl really talk about it yet on those consoles