Quake the GOAT has been remastered (AVAILABLE NOW)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
memories of the PC one
had this version with this shyt included on the disc
Idstuff_2.png

friend hooked it up with a crack to get them shyts for free

think he lowkey the one who got me into stealing shyt :heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:whoo:

I gotta check this out. been a long time since I played Quake 1. I wonder how this compares to Quake 2 RTX

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Xbox has the Doom collection for $7.50

Doom 1
Doom 2
Doom 3
Doom 2016

Doom 64 is $1.50 add I believe Quake is also that price. So for $10.50 total you can have it all. Even tho it's in gamepass and it'll always be there. I'm leaning towards getting it anyway :banderas:

Now can't we please get quake 3 arena so I can have an excuse to use a mouse and keyboard

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
We need a real Quake sequel. That Champions shyt was light.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tried playin Quake 1 on xbox. The resolution bump is nice but these controls gotta go. Cant play this on controller, need mouse n keyboard. Quake 1 aint optimized for controller like Quake 3 was on the dreamcast.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tried playing this yesterday, and I ended up getting motion sickness. I completely forgot that for some reason, I really had to fukk with the settings on those old FPSes to make sure I could play for more than 15 minutes.

But when i got it right, the light night hours I used to blow lightning fools up in the Necropolis. :wow:

Learning how to lead a grenade launcher bounce over a 56K connection. :wow:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tried playing this yesterday, and I ended up getting motion sickness. I completely forgot that for some reason, I really had to fukk with the settings on those old FPSes to make sure I could play for more than 15 minutes.

But when i got it right, the light night hours I used to blow lightning fools up in the Necropolis. :wow:

Learning how to lead a grenade launcher bounce over a 56K connection. :wow:
What settings did you do? I have the same problem with ports like Marathon, Doom, n Quake. Get dizzy n feel sick.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What settings did you do? I have the same problem with ports like Marathon, Doom, n Quake. Get dizzy n feel sick.

I gotta play around with it some more, but I'll tell you that you're going to probably go the opposite direction of what you'd do with any other FPS.

For starters, as wild as it seems, you might want to keep the FOV low. I'd also play around with the head bob setting. For me, at least, the problem is that since those old games were built around keeping the weapon in the middle of the screen (with no crosshair), and maximum speed, my brain is interpreting the screen less as the character moving through the environment, but one fixed object in the middle of the screen with everything around it shifting around as fast as possible (I actually think that's what some of those old games actually were). Anything you can do to lessen that effect helps. I've even been able to get some relief by doing simple shyt like keeping anti-aliasing off.

Wish I could give you a you a specific group of settings, but it really varies per game for me.