Purchased some shoes from StockX ...anyone use Affirm?

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
so basically if you go thru them you can make payments on your shoes instead of one full payment

Obviously you need good credit , I tried it and I’m paying 3 monthly payments with $10 interest :ohhh:

Payment doesn’t even start till next month :wow:

Anyone buy shoes from stockx?

Yes

I have 1000 in affirm purchases out right now

I’m eating good :mjgrin:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
giphy.gif

They’re probably fakes from China too
Nah Stock X is 100% authentic
They literally have a HQ where they check your shoes and make sure everything is real
They actually fine you and sometimes keep your shoes if you sell fakes

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No idea, I copped them outright. They were only $255.

Now You Can Pay For Your StockX Purchases on Your Schedule - StockX News

Says the APR is 10-30% which seems a bit....wide.

I also got some OG black/silver Jordan 5's off there.

y7YWBIh.png

If the shyt they sell is fake the bootleggers need a raise. :manny:

Fred.

watched the special on them on 60 minutes. They have a rigorous validation process.

And truth be told, even the "fakes" are made from the same material used to the make the "authentics" . The people that make the real get paid more to make the "fakes" on the side. Some places sell irregulars like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross and shyt. But barring your swoosh or 3 stripes being all upside down and shyt, there really is no difference. Problem with the "fakes" is the manufacturers can't package them a lot of the time in real boxes which leads to most thinking they are fake but it's really the same materials. The extra left over is what they use to make the fakes. Now there are some legit fake shyt out there and that's where lesser material is being used especially on older model kicks. But nowadays, most are using the same shyt and it's disgusting.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
watched the special on them on 60 minutes. They have a rigorous validation process.

And truth be told, even the "fakes" are made from the same material used to the make the "authentics" . The people that make the real get paid more to make the "fakes" on the side. Some places sell irregulars like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Ross and shyt. But barring your swoosh or 3 stripes being all upside down and shyt, there really is no difference. Problem with the "fakes" is the manufacturers can't package them a lot of the time in real boxes which leads to most thinking they are fake but it's really the same materials. The extra left over is what they use to make the fakes. Now there are some legit fake shyt out there and that's where lesser material is being used especially on older model kicks. But nowadays, most are using the same shyt and it's disgusting.

Yeah I watched a special a while back (can't remember what specific one) and they went to Putian, China which is supposedly the bootleg sneaker capitol of the world.

Bootlegger dude was saying now you don't gotta worry about the cops, you gotta worry about who is buying your shoes. Because collectors are so knowledgeable if word gets out your shyt ain't legit (even if it is bootleg, it still has to be extremely high quality) then your career is over.

Dude's crib was half full of unsold/returned shoes. He had to hold the L because they weren't up to the standards people expect.

Back in the 80's and 90's I'd cop bootleg shyt from Harold Penners in The Landing in KCMO....which was a hole in the wall hood spot. And admittedly the quality was trash. Those days are long gone.

Fred.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Affirm just doesn’t finance shoes either i bought hotels stays and airplane tickets...

At least you know this will get paid off instead of putting it on a revolving credit

People saying that if you can’t afford don’t do it ......but credit is the American way :mjgrin:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
I cop from StockX, but I’ve never used this option can’t imagine a scenario where I’d need some shoes sooo bad that I couldn’t wait till I got my money up to get them. But I’m glad you told me about it cause I might use affirm to col this MacBook.

LiIZaneFan1978

2PAC BACK
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used stockx to flip some Off Whites i got off the SNKRS app. I paid $230 for em, tried to slang em on Craigslist but these kids kept playin games so I sold them on stockx for $720. After shipping them off, they sent me an email a few days later rejecting the shoes, saying that there should've been been a pair of white shoelaces with green tips to accompany the black laces with orange tips. I watched multiple unboxings of this pair of shoes on YT, some had those laces and some didn't. One cac even unboxed a pair from StockX that didn't have the white/green laces.

Anyway, they sent me my shyt back with the inside paper all shredded and a corner of the box ripped, and now I'll never know if they kept my real pair I got directly from Nike and swapped them with some fakes.

EDIT: Just checked stockx again and that shoe is going for $1,100 now, highest bid.

iLg2DYn.jpg