“Puerto Ricans Are Foundational Black Americans. Period 😡!” - 🇵🇷

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
um no they aren't

the same way the trans atltanic slave trade created jamaicans,trinidadians,grenadians,haitians etc

it created fba/ados as well

Im not sure whats hard to understand about that
If you're saying that African Americans are a distinctive group, I can dig that. Going around the world, I find that black people from different parts of the globe have unique experiences. Even in the same Caribbean sea.

What I'm finding it hard to understand is what is the distinction delineating ADOS/FBA? Is it race? How many generations does it go back? I see that you don't include the people who passed as white and subsequent generations became white. Why aren't they or their kin entitled to reparations? We all know how they even got that light.

Are the descendants of the Merikans (Americans who went to Trinidad) FBA? The Black Nova Scotians are they FBA too? Or American Liberians?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
These muhfukkas PROMISED yall these stupid ass acronyms are airtight and can't be coopted but once again.... @JohnnyElbow6033 upended it all but stating otherwise online
r-ONf-Zzk0qz-L8.gif

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
LOL how can you be a FBA if your country isnt even foundationally part of the United States :dahell: unless you mean the American continent

Thats the only thing that Puerto Ricans got me fukked up on, half of them Hate CACs and the US, I literally saw "Gringos go HOME" grafitti and posters all over San Juan, and then you got the other half that desperately want to be the 51st state.

My Ricans, yall gotta realize you got the best deal going on right NOW, dont become a full fledged state but dont go all out independent like we did and fukk around and get blacklisted :huhldup:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
and i've been known that t alot of puerto ricans have african ancestry.

but imo, whenever a large group of people start out looking african, then over 100s of years get whiter and whiter,
Its basically some cultural no niggortry at work. :mjpls: generations of self hate,

like italians, ancients romans used to look like this
main-qimg-e78b01ab28eeec9a4c2b13d282a4f809-pjlq

620b4d06-3540-4696-9e89-c3beb802488a.jpeg

some of them still have afros today, but Now they act like this at the sight of black person
maxresdefault.jpg

When you do this as a culture you don't get turn around and try to claim blackness.
Not every person with curly hair is black

You posting them Kenny G, Weird Al Yankovic ahh dudes

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not every person with curly hair is black
not everybody but Italians do have north african ancestry historically with the highest amount being in sicilians, they were once melanated with curly hair, and through generations of their selective breeding, choose to become lighter and and less curly. They didn't evolve those genes away, they selectively bred them out of themselves.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Kinda shows how silly this fba shyt is. Puerto Ricans have been under US control for well over a century, so you can’t deny they would get some type of compensation for oppression
You don't even believe this dumb logic. Dude said he was a Foundational Black American, as it relates to the ethnic black American lineage. Cmon now...:mjlol:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
um no they aren't

the same way the trans atltanic slave trade created jamaicans,trinidadians,grenadians,haitians etc

it created fba/ados as well

Im not sure whats hard to understand about that

If people can latch onto your history, they can also lay claim to your birthrights.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cant wait for the pivot when Tariq learns that we are the ancient incans, Mayans, Aztec, Olmec, who migrated here from “central and south America”

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
wtf are you talking about

FBA points to a direct lineage not just anyone who was "oppressed" in america

Why the hell is that stupid ass acronym not working? :dahell: The whole point was supposedly to elminate false claims and yet we get a thread EVERY TIME yall find someone sharing their opinion online like we're under attack. Are we??? Did that bullshyt fail? :mindblown:

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
ancients romans used to look like this
ba6adddd912901b435452e934ed54d76.gif

Ancient Rome was a cosmopolis Mediterranean society that attracted people from all over the ancient world during its time - it was a big empire.
RomanEmpireMapHREV85_2-0ed5513.jpg

Yes, there were Africans and racial mixture and people with African admixture in Rome but not all Romans looked like that.
Frank M. Snowden, Jr. has two great books on it. And even though there were Romans that looked like that, it wasn't the norm.

To the topic:
African descent, mixture and admixture in Puerto Rico =/= FBA in the States
FBAs don't have a clear ethnic group to nationality marker like other groups from the diaspora and continent that come here.
Calling yourself black or African-American is vague in American sociopolitical context because it can mean almost anyone fitting the description regardless of their ethnic and national origin.

:yeshrug::yeshrug::yeshrug:
ADOS/FBA good for now, but it ain't supposed to be what they supposed to call themselves for the next ten years.