Psychonauts 2 (Linux, Windows, Mac, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4)

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
need a pc vs series x comparison, about to pull the trigger(got gamepass till 2024 so aint gotta buy). hows the optimization?

i played the original n enjoyed it n considered it one of them cult classics.

The game on Xbox Series X is the same as the Xbox One X version with double the framerate.
They took the Xbox One X code and didnt improve (not that there is much to do for this type of game) any settings. Its the Xbox One version with FPS boost.

Series X - 4K60
One X - 4K30
Series S 1620p/60

Optional Modes
Series X - 1440p/120
Series S - 1080p/120

PC version has higher texture filtering, better shadows and draw distance. That said, the differences are minor.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The game on Xbox Series X is the same as the Xbox One X version with double the framerate.
They took the Xbox One X code and didnt improve (not that there is much to do for this type of game) any settings. Its the Xbox One version with FPS boost.

Series X - 4K60
One X - 4K30
Series S 1620p/60

Optional Modes
Series X - 1440p/120
Series S - 1080p/120

PC version has higher texture filtering, better shadows and draw distance. That said, the differences are minor.

This i what i wanted to know. Thanks and repped

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
If you only have a ps4 or pro you have nothign to really complain about since it’s 1:1

If you have a ps5 its well within your right to think its not a good deal to pay full price for it
I have a ps5.

:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It will be dirt cheap in a few months.

Cyberpunk was the last time I pay full price for a last gen game.

It's a new era.
I'm to that point now for 80% of games in general. Zelda Skyward Sword is $50 and a few months ago the same game was $10 more. Nothing of value was lost in the last couple months. Just let the whales buy at the higher prices and step in later to reap the benefits.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's hard, but very good. Like this one it takes really adult themes and concepts but makes them fun and easy for kids to understand. Like I can't think of a game that mentioned mental health before the first one. Ahead of it's time tbh.

I’m a little burnt out on this one and still got the last 2 levels/minds left but I’m trying to 100% the other minds before I move on…I just have cassie’s mind left to complete before moving on to finish the game…I will probably try and revisit the first one next month out of curiosity and see if it offers a somewhat different experience or more or less the same as this one

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm not paying $60 for the worst version of a game that's available for free on every other platform.
So you're not going to buy anything that is in gamepass then? I can understand if you had gamepass but this is hilariously insane. It's the front runner for game of the year. And because you don't have gamepass you don't wanna buy it at full price :laff:

So if it wasn't in gamepass you'd have it right now and be enjoying it. Interesting, I'm certain you'll join up sooner than later, I see you :myman:
This i what i wanted to know. Thanks and repped
Nah bruh :stop: You was talking all this shyt about what you own. So you needed a nikka on the coli to tell you that your 3080(ti) let's me not forget that part. That this game looks the same across the board? Better textures... like you didn't know that? Did you know PC often has mods n shyt, yeah man it's crazy you should look into that too :stopitslime:

Options :hhh:
If you only have a ps4 or pro you have nothign to really complain about since it’s 1:1

If you have a ps5 its well within your right to think its not a good deal to pay full price for it
So if you have a PS4 get it, and if you have a PS5 don't get it because, well, that's what you're doing :laff:

So let me EXPOSE!!! you yet again
You broke ass fukk bruh, why care about a $10 upgrade you been saying but this game of the year that only cost $60 shouldn't be purchased? (because of gamepass :lolbron:)

If there was a ps5 version then you'd gladly pay 70 right? So they not charging for the BULLshyt so what's your excuse? Why you buy hades then? Because it's cheaper huh man? :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So you're not going to buy anything that is in gamepass then? I can understand if you had gamepass but this is hilariously insane. It's the front runner for game of the year. And because you don't have gamepass you don't wanna buy it at full price :laff:

So if it wasn't in gamepass you'd have it right now and be enjoying it. Interesting, I'm certain you'll join up sooner than later, I see you :myman:

Nah bruh :stop: You was talking all this shyt about what you own. So you needed a nikka on the coli to tell you that your 3080(ti) let's me not forget that part. That this game looks the same across the board? Better textures... like you didn't know that? Did you know PC often has mods n shyt, yeah man it's crazy you should look into that too :stopitslime:

Options :hhh:

So if you have a PS4 get it, and if you have a PS5 don't get it because, well, that's what you're doing :laff:

So let me EXPOSE!!! you yet again
You broke ass fukk bruh, why care about a $10 upgrade you been saying but this game of the year that only cost $60 shouldn't be purchased? (because of gamepass :lolbron:)

If there was a ps5 version then you'd gladly pay 70 right? So they not charging for the BULLshyt so what's your excuse? Why you buy hades then? Because it's cheaper huh man? :francis:

I’d rather spend 70 dollar it with dual sense features and 4k/60 than 60 without those features

Simple and plain

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’d rather spend 70 dollar it with dual sense features and 4k/60 than 60 without those features

Simple and plain
Why would a PS4 game have dual sense features? How many PS4 games are 4K/60?

You see this game on Game Pass and people playing it at no extra charge. They put it at 60FPS but didn't really do much else if you're playing it on a PS5. Seeing all that you feel like I'm not paying full price for that. Is it really that hard to admit that you see these games on Game Pass and feel like I'm not paying full price for that if they aren't?