PSVR2 entering production

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Quest 2 has sold in access of 10 million. Many people still haven't experienced it. I don't focus too much on specs in a world where a DS, 3DS, Wii and Switch beat its technologically superior competition. The Quest 2 is good enough for the masses, it's wireless and it doesn't need a 500 console to run it. The psvr1 sold 5 million on 120 million consoles. There isn't anything that indicates that the psvr2 will have a better fate when all of the same parameters (closed platform, needing said platform) are the same. Which is the greatest as far as value to the public? The 800-900 to play on a psvr2 or the 300 for a Quest 2. Most people tend to be OK with the cheapest option, especially if it is deemed good enough. On the psvr1, they didn't do that against the competition in that space at the time.
Yea but things have moved on. Now you got people with an oculus that never cared about VR. If they don't have it, someone in the family does. They've seen the light and seen it can be fun... And they already have a PS5... Why not go for the high priced, quality shyt, seeing how you already have the system to play it on. You paying $400 for a hard drive. I think Sony is making it known now what this is. You want that other shyt, stay over there. This ain't for you if you don't even have the first $500 already

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, they aren’t trying to get people to buy ps5’s to play this, they are assuming you already have a ps5 and want the VR experience.

They intend on selling 100m+ ps5’s, they may only be intending on selling 20m VR sets

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
You don't know what these kids are going to do. They already moved a majority of their gaming off TV.. They got iphones, ipads, switch and pc. These kids are asking for oculus, switch and gaming pc's for christmas. I know. I got a 3rd grader and see what him and his friends want. A few teen gamers might be asking for a PS5, but y'all know it's our gen with the money and access for them.

Everybody from Facebook to Walmart is pushing VR.. All these stores are going to be trying to sell shyt in the metaverse. So it's going to be in everyone's best interests to push it and keep it going.

10-20 years, you don't know what it's gonna be
Bruh. U ain’t the only one with young kids. I have a 16 year old, a 12 year old, and a 6 year old. The 16 year old barely wants to be bothered with VR. The 12 year old will play it but doesn’t swear by it. She would rather play certain flat games. And my 6 year old is the same way. He can only play it for spurts at a time before it starts hurting him. I also know a bunch of people who get motion sickness. VR AS IT IS NOW. Is pretty cumbersome. It’s not at the stage where it’s an IDEAL gaming replacement for most people. Also. There’s plenty of gaming genre’s that don’t translate well to VR. And never will. Such as 2D platformers and fighting games etc etc. Combo heavy shyt. VR is here to stay but it’s an ALTERNATE way to game. It’s it’s own thing. It’s not gonna REPLACE flat gaming. Especially for the foreseeable future. And that PC gaming thing u said is a damn joke. Lol. I been building PC’s forever and as long as people dont like to troubleshoot a fukking orange people ain’t gonna wanna sit there troubleshooting a PC. On top of the fact the PC market is all fukked up with the GPU shortage. Consoles just work. Plug and play. That shyt ain’t going nowhere. I’m saying this as someone who has 2 high end gaming rigs. And been building PC’s for young and old. nikka the ratio of kids who have a gaming PC vs a console is laughable. Lol. I don’t know ANY kid that takes mobile gaming seriously. So I’m not even gonna get into that.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know ANY kid that takes mobile gaming seriously. So I’m not even gonna get into that.

Depends on where you are - in Asia wherr I am, it's like 70% mobile, 25% PC and 5% Switch. Nobody under 30 cares about consoles.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Bruh. U ain’t the only one with young kids. I have a 16 year old, a 12 year old, and a 6 year old. The 16 year old barely wants to be bothered with VR. The 12 year old will play it but doesn’t swear by it. She would rather play certain flat games. And my 6 year old is the same way. He can only play it for spurts at a time before it starts hurting him. I also know a bunch of people who get motion sickness. VR AS IT IS NOW. Is pretty cumbersome. It’s not at the stage where it’s an IDEAL gaming replacement for most people. Also. There’s plenty of gaming genre’s that don’t translate well to VR. And never will. Such as 2D platformers and fighting games etc etc. Combo heavy shyt. VR is here to stay but it’s an ALTERNATE way to game. It’s it’s own thing. It’s not gonna REPLACE flat gaming. Especially for the foreseeable future. And that PC gaming thing u said is a damn joke. Lol. I been building PC’s forever and as long as people dont like to troubleshoot a fukking orange people ain’t gonna wanna sit there troubleshooting a PC. On top of the fact the PC market is all fukked up with the GPU shortage. Consoles just work. Plug and play. That shyt ain’t going nowhere. I’m saying this as someone who has 2 high end gaming rigs. And been building PC’s for young and old. nikka the ratio of kids who have a gaming PC vs a console is laughable. Lol. I don’t know ANY kid that takes mobile gaming seriously. So I’m not even gonna get into that.
In a rush, you missed what I said.

I said OFF TV gaming would take over in 10-15 years at this rate. So do your kids play zero games OFF THE TV?

it doesn’t matter if they take it seriously. They are logging in time played. And gaming companies are going to gear things towards that. Not the aging players dying off. Word to baseball

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Yea but things have moved on. Now you got people with an oculus that never cared about VR. If they don't have it, someone in the family does. They've seen the light and seen it can be fun... And they already have a PS5... Why not go for the high priced, quality shyt, seeing how you already have the system to play it on. You paying $400 for a hard drive. I think Sony is making it known now what this is. You want that other shyt, stay over there. This ain't for you if you don't even have the first $500 already

To this point, this seems to following in the footsteps of its predecessor. Perhaps Sony is fine with this but 5 million psvr1s out of 120 million ps4 consoles sold shows a finite ceiling for vr on their platforms.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To this point, this seems to following in the footsteps of its predecessor. Perhaps Sony is fine with this but 5 million psvr1s out of 120 million ps4 consoles sold shows a finite ceiling for vr on their platforms.

You can’t really compare VR numbers (with thrown together hardware at that) in 2016 to VR in 2022. Like any other platform it has to go through growing pains, and now that there are far more VR devs than there were back then it makes support for it easier to uphold.

Games like Half Life Alyx served as a proof of concept for what AAA gaming in vr can be. The Quest served as a proof of what versatility in vr can be. VR at this point is still growing so at least one major console manufacturer has to be there ones to pick up the mantle and sony already started last gen.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Depends on where you are - in Asia wherr I am, it's like 70% mobile, 25% PC and 5% Switch. Nobody under 30 cares about consoles.

Have to also take into account that a lot of places in Asia have national restrictions on gaming and certain types of gaming. I even believe that PSN/XBL is not even allowed in a lot of countries within Asia.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Have to also take into account that a lot of places in Asia have national restrictions on gaming and certain types of gaming. I even believe that PSN/XBL is not even allowed in a lot of countries within Asia.

Also their data caps and internet speeds don’t allow for huge downloads and online play

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
I'm copping a PS5 just for this. This thing literally shyts on realistically priced PC VR right now and will have graphics rivaling PC VR. The foveated rendering via eye tracking is killer. Why waste GPU processing on stuff that is outside of the optimal place where you are looking. This will truly help bolster the graphics. Right now PC VR is in a strange place. The Quest 2 is killing it with hardware sales and game attachment rates. It just lacks the graphical look I am used to on PC. I went onto the Valve Index subreddit and you even have hardcore PC guys saying there are going to cop a PS5 for VR. PC VR literally won't be able to compete with the exclusives that will drop for quite some time. I say this as a PC gamer and PC VR gamer currently. I have a Windows MR headset and didn't care about upgrading to something newer once I realized there are no games on the horizon. Game developers have went on record and said it doesn't make sense to release games on PC VR since the sales won't outweigh dev costs on producing them. All the games will be on Oculus and PSVR2. You may get a few PSVR2 ports to the PC later on down the line.