PSVR2 entering production

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Nobody asking for this :gucci: they can't even make consoles

They are likely going for a dedicated, niche enthusiast market. The first one sold five million. I don't see this one going beyond that. Cost of entry is too much for a lot of people to reach. VR is a viable platform to play on. I just worry about continued support from Sony and others on this past initial launch

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
These supporters don't care about VR they want a damn system
VR isn’t going anywhere stop it.
Sonys gonna take lumps on the way being the first mainstream current console to adopt it but don’t think it (VR) isn’t going to keep coming back until it becomes more widespread. The experience is unlike anything possible on a TV and once the price and availability gets sorted out, it’ll be a force that lays the groundwork for the true next generation of gaming. We’re hitting serious diminishing returns on traditional tv gaming.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sonys gonna take lumps on the way being the first mainstream current console to adopt it but don’t think it (VR) isn’t going to keep coming back until it becomes more widespread. The experience is unlike anything possible on a TV and once the price and availability gets sorted out, it’ll be a force that lays the groundwork for the true next generation of gaming. We’re hitting serious diminishing returns on traditional tv gaming.

Yeah, we’re already past the “VR is a fad” point in the tech. If it were going to die it would have died at least 3 years ago. Sony is looking at the future, and they already took a lot of the hard hits on the first PSVR. Odds are they will hit the ground running with this one having seen how it expanded on PC already and the areas the first one lacked in

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah, we’re already past the “VR is a fad” point in the tech. If it were going to die it would have died at least 3 years ago. Sony is looking at the future, and they already took a lot of the hard hits on the first PSVR. Odds are they will hit the ground running with this one having seen how it expanded on PC already and the areas the first one lacked in
I’m 40/60 on Sony supporting it the way I personally feel like it needs to be supported. They have to lead the charge and flood it with games which I would argue they have their plate full with the PS5 as it is.
I’ve mentioned this before, VR has to be experienced to be understood, but the cost of admission is way too high for people to blindly purchase it and gamble on it. It’s a tough spot spearheading this for consoles especially when you have people who say with a straight face that VR is no different than gaming on a large screen TV.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I’m 40/60 on Sony supporting it the way I personally feel like it needs to be supported. They have to lead the charge and flood it with games which I would argue they have their plate full with the PS5 as it is.
I’ve mentioned this before, VR has to be experienced to be understood, but the cost of admission is way too high for people to blindly purchase it and gamble on it. It’s a tough spot spearheading this for consoles especially when you have people who say with a straight face that VR is no different than gaming on a large screen TV.

That's my thing. Facebook treats Oculus as a platform, will Sony do the same or is it going to be treated as a peripheral? Being that it needs a Ps5 to work, it's going to be the latter.
Psvr is great, is fun, I love mine and I can wax philosophically about playing Superhot and Astrobot for the first time.

The oculus quest 2 was my Super Mario 64 moment in VR however. With psvr1, you are constantly reminded that you are tethered, can't get too close to the camera, too far from the camera, sometimes tripping over cords. Being wired is going to give some people pause. I mentioned it before and I'm seeing people on resetera back up that notion. I'm not stressing on the seemingly absent backwards compatibility here but the ability to go roomscale and then just play, unencumbered by a cord is something else entirely. I'm there day one but that doesn't mean that I don't have reservations. I'm content with this being an expensive niche product but how niche is my question. In fact, it's my only question and will ultimately get answered long after I buy one.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What release date y’all guessing? I’m guessing around October- November. shyt is autocop :wow:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
VR ain’t replacing TV gaming for a plethora of reasons. It isn’t even ideal for every type of game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
VR ain’t replacing TV gaming for a plethora of reasons. It isn’t even ideal for every type of game.
I’m not saying it’ll replace it entirely. I agree, that’ll never happen. I’m saying it’s going to become a very second nature option to traditional tv gaming. The price will decrease, the games will improve, and the tech kinks will continue to get ironed out.
This meta verse Facebook move is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what it’s going to mean for VR overall. NFTs are paving the way for how VR life is going to be monetized.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I’m not saying it’ll replace it entirely. I agree, that’ll never happen. I’m saying it’s going to become a very second nature option to traditional tv gaming. The price will decrease, the games will improve, and the tech kinks will continue to get ironed out.
This meta verse Facebook move is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what it’s going to mean for VR overall. NFTs are paving the way for how VR life is going to be monetized.
shyt is gonna be nasty out here.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I’m not saying it’ll replace it entirely. I agree, that’ll never happen.

I disagree

i can't see ppl playing flat screen gaming 30 yrs from now when you can actually be in the game with fidelity thats on par with real life on some San Junipero Black mirror ish

infact i can see Playstation just releasing a VR only system a decade from now instead of putting out two separate products that u have to buy.

the PS9 will just be VR only just like this commercial predicted

:wow:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
They are likely going for a dedicated, niche enthusiast market. The first one sold five million. I don't see this one going beyond that. Cost of entry is too much for a lot of people to reach. VR is a viable platform to play on. I just worry about continued support from Sony and others on this past initial launch

Nah, this will sell more. Much better technical specs on a new console and it's way less hassle since there's only one wire.