PS5’s first year is shaping up to be the greatest of any console

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
they have the gunk, scorn, halo, psychonauts 2, and stalker 2 coming out this year. 22 is when I expect the games to start dropping but MS has to learn to release AAA games in a timely
manner.

None of those games are moving the needle aside from Halo. Personally I don't give a shyt about any of those games.

Xbox Series Wait has a lot of quality features, but games are lacking. Gamepass does okay to pass the time, if you don't mind playing games that have the average age of a third grader. The "game" I'm most looking forward to on the console is FLIGHT SIMULATOR:mjlol:. That's hilarious to think about.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
40% of that list or these 4 games are either remakes or ports of games available on previous generation hardware.

These 2 are unreleased with no date. God of War hasn't even been shown in public.

Those games are PS5 games that are either out or have really solid dates. Maybe Horizon gets one in a few days.

There are systems like the PS2 that have legitimate classic titles in the first year. Even Nintendo systems with classic games. Like I said the Dreamcast launch lineup puts it among the best system launches of all time.

The PS5 lineup is maybe slightly better than average.

if we not counting ports, cross gen or remakes Nintendo Switch def ain’t on the list then

and you have a very distorted idea of what the first year of the ps2 looked like, there wasn’t no gta on it

ps2:
  • Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
  • DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
  • Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
  • ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
  • ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
  • Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
  • Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
  • FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
  • Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
  • Kessen (EA, Adventure)
  • Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
  • Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
  • Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
  • NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
  • Orphen (Activision, RPG)
  • Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
  • Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
  • Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
  • Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
  • Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
  • SSX (EA, Sports)
  • Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
  • Summoner (THQ, RPG)
  • Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
  • TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
  • Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
  • Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
  • X-Squad (EA, Action
same with Dreamcast outside of power stone sonic adventure and soul caliber the majority of its library are multiplatform titles. And what’s even worse the dreamcast was only on the market for 3 years

The Definitive Dreamcast Launch Game Guide - IGN

y’all move the goalpost so hard to dismiss the ps5 line up you end up disproving your own points. We can go over the first year launch of any console and prove how silly this argument is. I just looked at 5 different console launch years and it’s all the same filler garbage.

the only console that comes close to the ps5 so far (and we’re only 6 months in) is the switch and that’s taking into account it’s entire first year with the ports and cross gen games (BOTW, mario kart, FE warriors.etc)

and if we not counting ports, cross gen, or remakes the series s/ x will go down as the worst launch console of all time

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have the gunk, scorn, halo, psychonauts 2, and stalker 2 coming out this year. 22 is when I expect the games to start dropping but MS has to learn to release AAA games in a timely
manner.

You are smoking something if you think Scorn and Stalker 2 are coming this year. :russ:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Grand Theft Auto III came out in the PS2s first year. It's an actual classic game. This list is padded with remakes and or ports and one of the games is dubious at best to be released in the first year.

I'd also argue just the Dreamcast launch line up is that.

The PS5 has maybe a slightly better than average 1st year so far. Can't count stuff not released.

Yeah, the Dreamcast 1st year was so good, that it was going out of business in year two.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
W/out COVID, Sony would have had

1st Party:

Spider-Man Miles Morales
- Sackboy
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction All-Stars
- Ratchet & Clank
- Returnal
- Horizon Forbidden West
- God of War 2
- Gran Turismo 7
- Factions 2 (2021?)
- Astro's Playroom
- Death Stranding extended edition
- MLB

Other:

- Bugsnax
- Kena
- Forspoken
- FF7 Intergrade
-FF16
- Deathloop
- Ghostwire Tokyo
- Virtual Fighter 5
- Guilty Gear Strive
-Sifu

Guaranteed :picard:
Who knows what current unannounced 2022 titles were 2021 games too e.g. potential mgs remake, silent hill, etc.
That first year is worth 2-3 ps4 years :mjlol: and 6-7 xbox years :troll:
Even w/ the delays, the above statement is still true:mjlol:

that’s like 40 Xbox years no troll

they went a whole generation and got 2 exclusives

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:
MS fell the fukk off after the 360
Had games like ME, Bioshock, etc. the 360 was the hot commodity until Sony got their mindshare up after being humbled.
Yeah the 360 is one of the goat gaming consoles. That 2005-2008 run was :whew:

They fell off when Peter Moore left, replaced by that dork Mattrick and Phil Spencer hasnt done any better.

Daps
None of those games are moving the needle aside from Halo. Personally I don't give a shyt about any of those games.

Xbox Series Wait has a lot of quality features, but games are lacking. Gamepass does okay to pass the time, if you don't mind playing games that have the average age of a third grader. The "game" I'm most looking forward to on the console is FLIGHT SIMULATOR:mjlol:. That's hilarious to think about.
:russell:fanboy talk
was returnal making people get hyped like that until people started getting their hands on the game?
I, along with a good amount of other people, remember believing Returnal was generic and not worth 70 only for it to turn out to be one of the most original games I have ever played
y'all complain about MS only doing forza, gears, and halo and when they try to take risks with new IPs you guys shyt on all of them then complain why only forza, gears, halo:mjlol:
the creators behind the gunk apparently have a good track record, scorn seems interesting and weird, stalker 2 is a sequel to a critically acclaimed first entry, psychonauts 2 is not another shooter you guys like to complain about but of course it's shyt too:mjlol:the first one is also critically acclaimed.
Ascent looks pretty damn good and has online coop which will give it a long usage life
Yeah some are on PC too but w/ all these shortages, marginal at best differences between PC and these new consoles, and the convenience of the XSX, they might as well be XSX exclusives
There is still a chance for MS to announce surprise 2nd half 2021 games but knowing MS...
MS is slowly building their exclusives up

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russell:fanboy talk
was returnal making people get hyped like that until people started getting their hands on the game?
I, along with a good amount of other people, remember believing Returnal was generic and not worth 70 only for it to turn out to be one of the most original games I have ever played
y'all complain about MS only doing forza, gears, and halo and when they try to take risks with new IPs you guys shyt on all of them then complain why only forza, gears, halo:mjlol:
the creators behind the gunk apparently have a good track record, scorn seems interesting and weird, stalker 2 is a sequel to a critically acclaimed first entry, psychonauts 2 is not another shooter you guys like to complain about but of course it's shyt too:mjlol:the first one is also critically acclaimed.
Ascent looks pretty damn good and has online coop which will give it a long usage life
Yeah some are on PC too but w/ all these shortages, marginal at best differences between PC and these new consoles, and the convenience of the XSX, they might as well be XSX exclusives
There is still a chance for MS to announce surprise 2nd half 2021 games but knowing MS...
MS is slowly building their exclusives up

I play on Xbox more than I do PlayStation bro, don’t lump me into the fanboy shyt. How about we stop talking about PlayStation entirely because that’s not what we are speaking about, we are speaking on Xbox.

I am calling the lack of compelling games out on Xbox because that’s how I feel looking at their lineup as it stands right now. Only things I could even give a shyt about as far as first party shyt on Xbox right now is the Forza Horizon series, Elder Scrolls, and Flight Simulator. Once I actually see some gameplay going for other games that could all change but right now there isn’t much on the green brand that is doing it for me.

Daps
I play on Xbox more than I do PlayStation bro, don’t lump me into the fanboy shyt. How about we stop talking about PlayStation entirely because that’s not what we are speaking about, we are speaking on Xbox.

I am calling the lack of compelling games out on Xbox because that’s how I feel looking at their lineup as it stands right now. Only things I could even give a shyt about as far as first party shyt on Xbox right now is the Forza Horizon series, Elder Scrolls, and Flight Simulator. Once I actually see some gameplay going for other games that could all change but right now there isn’t much on the green brand that is doing it for me.
I can talk as little or as much shyt about Playstation as I want :mjtf:
Not only that, where was I talking shyt about Playstation?
You can't dictate what I can and cannot talk about fukk outta here :mjlol:
I hate when people state "but I own so and so or I play on this and that" as if that doesn't hide bias/their preference :mjlol:
Plenty of people on here do it :mjlol:

You are also stating your opinion like I'm stating mine. In your opinion the games are not compelling, which is odd because you haven't even played them and they haven't even been reviewed yet. :mjlol:
But but forza, halo, and gears...sees other new IPs...but but trash/not compelling w/ no reviews or even playing them which makes no sense since they are on gamepass so you could just try them out like any other gamer:mjlol:

What would the games have to look and play like for them to be compelling? Cinematic with set pieces? As long as the games are quality, that's what MS should be focused on.

Last edited:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can talk as little or as much shyt about Playstation as I want :mjtf:
Not only that, where was I talking shyt about Playstation?
You can't dictate what I can and cannot talk about fukk outta here :mjlol:

You are also stating your opinion like I'm stating mine. In your opinion the games are not compelling, which is odd because you haven't even played them and they haven't even been reviewed yet. :mjlol:

What would the games have to look and play like for them to be compelling? Cinematic with set pieces? As long as the games are quality, that's what MS should be focused on.

Bro do whatever the fukk you want. I came here saying my piece about Xbox and you mention it being fanboy talk and whatever shyt about returnal, a game I never even mentioned.

And of course I’m stating my opinion, that’s what you do in discussion forums, the fukk?

Please look up the definition of compelling. You don’t need to play a video game to say it’s not compelling to you.

Good lord stop twisting my words into some other shyt.

Daps
Bro do whatever the fukk you want. I came here saying my piece about Xbox and you mention it being fanboy talk and whatever shyt about returnal, a game I never even mentioned.

And of course I’m stating my opinion, that’s what you do in discussion forums, the fukk?

Please look up the definition of compelling. You don’t need to play a video game to say it’s not compelling to you.

Good lord stop twisting my words into some other shyt.
you're taking this way too seriously :mjlol:
I don't need to look up anything, You just need to get over someone having a different opinion than you and countering your points. We WERE having a discussion but you are the one getting upset :mjlol:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you're taking this way too seriously :mjlol:
I don't need to look up anything, You just need to get over someone having a different opinion than you and countering your points. We WERE having a discussion you are the one getting upset :mjlol:

You’re not countering shyt. I stated what I thought and you brought a whole different energy while misconstruing my posts:stopitslime:

But whatever bruh, you got it. Arguing over video games is dumb as hell to me anyway.

Daps
You’re not countering shyt. I stated what I thought and you brought a whole different energy while misconstruing my posts:stopitslime:

But whatever bruh, you got it. Arguing over video games is dumb as hell to me anyway.
:usure:

:mjlol:It's not that serious if you don't think they're compelling I don't care just don't tell me what to think :mjlol: