PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
the worst thing is even the ppl at EA would tell you, all the innovative shyt theyd do for Madden would be on NCAA first. They were simply made better. the CBB game would be dope as fukk too with the AAU/HS basketball scene being so big. Custom rosters would be piff

THIS. All the Jordan/Nike/adidas shoes and online tournament modes and plus all the all time teams like the 1982 Tar Heels (Jordan’s teams) playing the 03 Syracuse (Carmelo Anthony) team. NCAA basketball was on some other shyt :wow:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
THIS. All the Jordan/Nike/adidas shoes and online tournament modes and plus all the all time teams like the 1982 Tar Heels (Jordan’s teams) playing the 03 Syracuse (Carmelo Anthony) team. NCAA basketball was on some other shyt :wow:
imagine if they gave defensive systems the same respect as offenses in 2K and shyt. Like you gotta bust UVA's packline defense as a challenge. Or Cuse's zone.

EA is losing out on million dollar ideas smh

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
imagine if they gave defensive systems the same respect as offenses in 2K and shyt. Like you gotta bust UVA's packline defense as a challenge. Or Cuse's zone.

EA is losing out on million dollar ideas smh
ballhandler beats man off the dribble and when one of the 2 at the top of the pack line area helps then you kick out for an open 3.

that's why i don't even like college basketball like that. shyt like this works because college shooters have less ability.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
i am guessing it's all emulation software + hardware tech for perfect play. the ps5 will be nice once it is hacked.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
image0.jpg

repped for The Bouncer:ohhh:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
There's not a chance in hell they make this disc based with streaming being at the forefront of this generation. That would directly compete with their psnow service.

But if they somehow found a way to allow full BC digitally then they already single handily won next gen.

Especially if they keep online play. Can u imagine going back to classics like nba street def jam and ssx 3 and being able to play online?

Last edited:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
There's not a chance in hell they make this disc based with streaming being at the forefront of this generation. That would directly compete with their psnow service.

But if they somehow found a way to allow full BC digitally then they already single handily won next gen.

Especially if they keep online play. Can u imagine going back to classics like nba street def jam and ssx 3 and being able to play online?
impossible. some of the gaming companies won't jump on with the plan. sony will release X amount of games. then the hackers will fully unlock the library themselves allowing us to use our own input of games.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They could still make it disc base if you already have the disc and how would this directly compete with the PSNOW service. They could still add games from previous generations to the service. It's not like everyone has still kept all there PS1,PS2 and PS3 games. Adding these games would make it more robust. I don't see how allowing the disc would hinder that. A game changer would be if PSNOW also added a direct to console download which would be alot better.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
impossible. some of the gaming companies won't jump on with the plan. sony will release X amount of games. then the hackers will fully unlock the library themselves allowing us to use our own input of games.

Obviously. It's silly to expect all companies to hop on. It's also silly to expect hackers will just unlock everything so soon. PS4 only has one hack released and it only works on firmwares 5.05 and below.

They could still make it disc base if you already have the disc and how would this directly compete with the PSNOW service. They could still add games from previous generations to the service. It's not like everyone has still kept all there PS1,PS2 and PS3 games. Adding these games would make it more robust. I don't see how allowing the disc would hinder that. A game changer would be if PSNOW also added a direct to console download which would be alot better.

It directly competes because all the system sellers of that era have already been remastered. They would want you to rebuy shyt like the jak and daxter/ratchet/sly/gow remasters then just pop your ps2 disc in and play it.

This is only good for niche games which if it is disc based those games will skyrocket in price anyway on the used markets. Games like Zone of the enders 2 would easily top 100$ if ps5 lets you play the disc.

However if they have full control over it digitally then yes i can see it working and yes it would single handily win them the entire generation just off that one move. The question is will they do it?

Nintendo already has this power with their e-shop and they dropped the ball 3 generations in a row. If Sony allows this then it forces Nintendo to open up their vault as well. It's a win win.

Imagine a 4k capable switch with a e-shop allowing you to download any game from nes/snes/64/gamecube/ds/3ds/wii or wii u? That's fukking insane.

Now imagine a ps5 that allows you to download any game from ps1/ps2/ps3/ps4 psp or vita? Sony would shut the entire game industry down with that move. I don't think they have it in them to do that. It's wishful thinking.

Also yall got to think about this from a hardware point of view. In what way would a ps5 with a motherboard with ps1/ps2/ps3 and ps4 hardware end up costing anywhere below 500? If this has any type of credibility software emulation is the only way it makes sense

With that thought however i do think we are at a time where ps3 emulation is ready. Especially if it's done in house. And again this is where if it was disc based it again directly competes with PSnow which if anything i fully expect them to go full power with this service this gen seeing the success of Xbox game pass.

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It directly competes because all the system sellers of that era have already been remastered. They would want you to rebuy shyt like the jak and daxter/ratchet/sly/gow remasters then just pop your ps2 disc in and play it.

This is only good for niche games which if it is disc based those games will skyrocket in price anyway on the used markets. Games like Zone of the enders 2 would easily top 100$ if ps5 lets you play the disc.

However if they have full control over it digitally then yes i can see it working and yes it would single handily win them the entire generation just off that one move. The question is will they do it?

Nintendo already has this power with their e-shop and they dropped the ball 3 generations in a row. If Sony allows this then it forces Nintendo to open up their vault as well. It's a win win.

Imagine a 4k capable switch with a e-shop allowing you to download any game from nes/snes/64/gamecube/ds/3ds/wii or wii u? That's fukking insane.

Now imagine a ps5 that allows you to download any game from ps1/ps2/ps3/ps4 psp or vita? Sony would shut the entire game industry down with that move. I don't think they have it in them to do that. It's wishful thinking.

I don't think you would be able to download them out the gate and I can see them adding games from the generations over time. For example the original PS3 was fully backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 and it still didn't stop them from adding some of the games to the PS Store digitally. Like i'm saying PS5 might be able to play all the games disc base but digitally they have to add by a case by case which they would have control in this area.

But I can only see them making PS1 and PS2 games fully compatible. PS3 is a grey area because of the obvious hardware and also the DLC liscensing to some games.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I don't think you would be able to download them out the gate and I can see them adding games from the generations over time. For example the original PS3 was fully backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 and it still didn't stop them from adding some of the games to the PS Store digitally. Like i'm saying PS5 might be able to play all the games disc base but digitally they have to add by a case by case which they would have control in this area.

But I can only see them making PS1 and PS2 games fully compatible. PS3 is a grey area because of the obvious hardware and also the DLC liscensing to some games.

Streaming wasn't where it's at now when ps3 launched. You talking well over 10 years ago. Times changed.

Sony and everyone else is a company first. If there's anyway they can make money they are gonna pick that option. When you really break it down. Allowing disc based BC over having complete control via streaming is a loss of money for them

Believe me i hope im wrong and it is disc based. As a consumer that would be amazing. I just don't see it happening./ We'll see though.

But yea i agree on them adding over time. There's no way everything is available at launch. I think even xbox was steady adding bc titles even up until last year.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Streaming wasn't where it's at now when ps3 launched. You talking well over 10 years ago. Times changed.

Sony and everyone else is a company first. If there's anyway they can make money they are gonna pick that option. When you really break it down. Allowing disc based BC over having complete control via streaming is a loss of money for them

Believe me i hope im wrong and it is disc based. As a consumer that would be amazing. I just don't see it happening./ We'll see though.

But yea i agree on them adding over time. There's no way everything is available at launch. I think even xbox was steady adding bc titles even up until last year.

Honestly I can see Sony revamping PSNOW to have the ability to download to console. I can see them using it compete with game pass next gen.

There allowing disc based B.C. for PS4 on PS5 so I don’t see how the having the older generation would be any different other than the hardware capabilities.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I dont see this happening , at least not day 1. This would undercut PsNow.

edit: I remember when there was a rumor that sony would do this with the ps4 , and
somehow they would even add trophies to ps2 and ps1 games.

Not necessarily, it rewards people who been rocking with PS day one, but newcomers will get PSNow. These new people who cop PS5 aren’t going out their way to buy a physical copy of Battle Arena Toshiden from BossHoggPlaystation20XX off eBay.