PS5 will be backwards compatible with PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
i am guessing it's all emulation software + hardware tech for perfect play. the ps5 will be nice once it is hacked.
wait were they able to hack the PS4?

I remember hearing something about some kid who had hacked either PS3 or PS4 and they sued him I think

also, didn't they say something along the lines of if you're playing on a modded console you would be banned for life?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they will ALL be digital except for PS4 discs aka reselling digital PS1-PS3 games on the store to play the upgraded versions on the ps5

If they do that then that means it will be selective of what titles will be in the store since they have to deal with liscensing for the PS1 - PS3 generations. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be nice if they allowed you to play every disc from PS1 - PS3 which would avoid the licensing shyt and you have access to more games from those generations. The could have some type of emulation for discs when playing the older generation. But I don't expect much other than PS4 since Sony has proven that they don't need BC to be successful.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
is this 100% confirmed? :lupe:

dawg this can aboslutely destroy gaming competition for half the decade :wow:

ginormigantuan if true

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
If they do that then that means it will be selective of what titles will be in the store since they have to deal with liscensing for the PS1 - PS3 generations. I know it's a pipe dream but it would be nice if they allowed you to play every disc from PS1 - PS3 which would avoid the licensing shyt and you have access to more games from those generations. The could have some type of emulation for discs when playing the older generation. But I don't expect much other than PS4 since Sony has proven that they don't need BC to be successful.

Cant that mean it will be two optical drives because those games on ps1 wasnt on DVD

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bullshyt. Or the cost will be 800 min

Not even if they were to do it would be by software emulation. Some of the middle generation PS3's had PS2 software emulation and that was to cut the price down because they had the ps2 hardware in the launch PS3's. PS1 and PS2 emulators should be a cake walk for PS5. Only issue is PS3.