PS5 vs Xbox Series X Load Times Comparison

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I've never bought an Xbox console in my life but after seeing those load times I almost regretted getting my PS5.

For all the brehs saying that it isn't that serious, it actually is. They were literally advertising instant load times, being faster than the fastest PC, and actually being 100x faster than PS4.

They even had Tim Sweeney (Owner of Epic Games) singing their praises. I was actually very disappointed by the 7 seconds it took for Miles Morales because that's not "instant" (1-3 seconds) I was promised.

But the fact that GOW takes 41s on PS4 Pro and 35s on PS5 is absolutely disgusting (according to Gamespot).

If the PS5 isn't at least 2 times as fast as the Xbox Series X for next-gen games that will be embarrassing (we will find out on Monday for AC Valhalla and Watchdogs).

You can't be talking about 100x faster performance than ps4 and come out barely faster than Xbox Series X (performs around 3-4x faster than X1X).
The fact that u don’t actually pay attention to details should stop u from spending money more than anything else. Those back compate games were developed with PS4 Pro hardware in mind, it’s they aren’t taking advantage to the PS5’s SSD. In comparison games already loaded faster on the One X rather than PS4 Pro which it why these tests are looking like that. Actual PS5 games load in just mere seconds. Same way there’s backwards compate games that run only 720p or 900p on Series X vs 1080p on PS5 because the base Xbox One ran at a lower res than base PS4.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I've never bought an Xbox console in my life but after seeing those load times I almost regretted getting my PS5.

For all the brehs saying that it isn't that serious, it actually is. They were literally advertising instant load times, being faster than the fastest PC, and actually being 100x faster than PS4.

They even had Tim Sweeney (Owner of Epic Games) singing their praises. I was actually very disappointed by the 7 seconds it took for Miles Morales because that's not "instant" (1-3 seconds) I was promised.

But the fact that GOW takes 41s on PS4 Pro and 35s on PS5 is absolutely disgusting (according to Gamespot).

If the PS5 isn't at least 2 times as fast as the Xbox Series X for next-gen games that will be embarrassing (we will find out on Monday for AC Valhalla and Watchdogs).

You can't be talking about 100x faster performance than ps4 and come out barely faster than Xbox Series X (performs around 3-4x faster than X1X).

I’d bet that the load times are going to be similar. I feel like there would have been reports on it by now.

To an extent I agree with you- they did overhype they SSD because that was the only thing hardware wise they really had a numbers advantage on.

PS5 fanboys will continue to move goalposts with this; that’s all they hyped up at first and now it’s looking like it’s not even that big of an advantage (if one at all).

I get hanging on Sony’s every word because they built that brand loyalty- they have really good gaming systems and games. But the fanboyism in the Arcadium is wild lol.

And this is coming from someone who will scoop a PS5 eventually

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

P4YxJ9.gif