PS5 vs Xbox Series X Load Times Comparison

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
:mjgrin:So it seems ps5 is actually beating the SSD of the Series X but is hampered down by original performance of the console

Series X loaded Games Faster than ps4 Pro

but here we see the ratio working

As far as performance it’s killing it ...

Heh

Once we optimize ?

:wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said, Sony nikkas made it a big deal. Thank you for proving my point.
:what:

You literally ignored everything I just said.

I said it's BC not taking advantage of the system's SSD and I/O which is why it looks like there's not too much improvement. This has NOTHING to do with actual PS5 games. How the hell does that "prove your point"? The PS5 SSD will still be faster when native PS5 games are loading and other things besides loading as time goes on.

You're letting some BC games convince you that the PS5 SSD is nothing special.

It IS a big deal. You thinking that it's not based on BC games is laughable.

That'd be like if I used FFXV on Xbox Series X being capped at 1080P in performance mode to claim that the Series X "ain't really special" ignoring the limitation from the game itself due to it originally being capped at 1080P.

Y'all dudes be killing me with the weird logic on here at times. :hubie:

Man I talk too much trying to reason with y'all lol.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not gonna care about none of this shyt once I get my PS5 (and hopefully an XSX) :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro, what @Fatboi1 is saying is correct but console wars ain’t gonna wanna hear it. They just want to see numbers on the screen.

The fact that optimized games (spider-man and other next gen games) are gonna be loading in seconds explains it. The fact that ratchet and clank will be able to load completely new zones in less than seconds is the real tech. Digital foundry themselves said that it’s impossible to gauge how much faster it is from BC because of optimization of the original games for the hardware.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
I've never bought an Xbox console in my life but after seeing those load times I almost regretted getting my PS5.

For all the brehs saying that it isn't that serious, it actually is. They were literally advertising instant load times, being faster than the fastest PC, and actually being 100x faster than PS4.

They even had Tim Sweeney (Owner of Epic Games) singing their praises. I was actually very disappointed by the 7 seconds it took for Miles Morales because that's not "instant" (1-3 seconds) I was promised.

But the fact that GOW takes 41s on PS4 Pro and 35s on PS5 is absolutely disgusting (according to Gamespot).

If the PS5 isn't at least 2 times as fast as the Xbox Series X for next-gen games that will be embarrassing (we will find out on Monday for AC Valhalla and Watchdogs).

You can't be talking about 100x faster performance than ps4 and come out barely faster than Xbox Series X (performs around 3-4x faster than X1X).

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I've never bought an Xbox console in my life but after seeing those load times I almost regretted getting my PS5.

For all the brehs saying that it isn't that serious, it actually is. They were literally advertising instant load times, being faster than the fastest PC, and actually being 100x faster than PS4.

They even had Tim Sweeney (Owner of Epic Games) singing their praises. I was actually very disappointed by the 7 seconds it took for Miles Morales because that's not "instant" (1-3 seconds) I was promised.

But the fact that GOW takes 41s on PS4 Pro and 35s on PS5 is absolutely disgusting (according to Gamespot).

If the PS5 isn't at least 2 times as fast as the Xbox Series X for next-gen games that will be embarrassing (we will find out on Monday for AC Valhalla and Watchdogs).

You can't be talking about 100x faster performance than ps4 and come out barely faster than Xbox Series X (performs around 3-4x faster than X1X).

If 5-10 seconds differences in load times between unoptimized load times for last gen games made you regret getting a ps5 you probably should have just got an xbox lol

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:what:

You literally ignored everything I just said.

I said it's BC not taking advantage of the system's SSD and I/O which is why it looks like there's not too much improvement. This has NOTHING to do with actual PS5 games. How the hell does that "prove your point"? The PS5 SSD will still be faster when native PS5 games are loading and other things besides loading as time goes on.

You're letting some BC games convince you that the PS5 SSD is nothing special.

It IS a big deal. You thinking that it's not based on BC games is laughable.

That'd be like if I used FFXV on Xbox Series X being capped at 1080P in performance mode to claim that the Series X "ain't really special" ignoring the limitation from the game itself due to it originally being capped at 1080P.

Y'all dudes be killing me with the weird logic on here at times. :hubie:

Man I talk too much trying to reason with y'all lol.
Didn't even read all that. The point is, so much of a big deal was made about the faster SSD. everyone is interested, especially since this appears to betray that. Settle down lol

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't even read all that. The point is, so much of a big deal was made about the faster SSD. everyone is interested, especially since this appears to betray that. Settle down lol
Basically what you're saying is you don't care about any context.

Okay
sekiro-backwards-compatibility.jpg

Series X is disappointing.

Most powerful and still no 60 on last gen game.

Fukk context :troll:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Like I said, Sony nikkas made it a big deal. Thank you for proving my point.

Let me get this straight, the PS5 SSD is overblown.... because it loads last gen games slow? :what:

Who the fukk cares about last gen games :mjlol:

You going to be bringing up in 2023 "Oh yeah well that loads quicker on ps5 than series X, but what about RDR2 BC, got ya!" :camby:

Series :trash: and so is your opinion.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Let me get this straight, the PS5 SSD is overblown.... because it loads last gen games slow? :what:

Who the fukk cares about last gen games :mjlol:

You going to be bringing up in 2023 "Oh yeah well that loads quicker on ps5 than series X, but what about RDR2 BC, got ya!" :camby:

Series :trash: and so is your opinion.
That's not what I said. Pull ya skirt down:mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

All that was too distract you from the fact the ps5 is weaker but cost the same (more to make)

How else could they justify it nah mean. Their fanbase will protect them.

Daps

:mjlol: