PS5 version of Redfall was cancelled by Microsoft

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there's anything wrong with stopping the development of a game that was early in development. I think the major issue is Phil lying again by playing the fake nice guy. I think he doesn't have to say comments like we aren't here to pull games or games should be everywhere. I think Phil needs to handle media talking more in a business approach because him trying to play friendly ceo doesn't work because easy to pull up quotes and catch him lying.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't think there's anything wrong with stopping the development of a game that was early in development. I think the major issue is Phil lying again by playing the fake nice guy. I think he doesn't have to say comments like we aren't here to pull games or games should be everywhere. I think Phil needs to handle media talking more in a business approach because him trying to play friendly ceo doesn't work because easy to pull up quotes and catch him lying.

And this is why regulators aren’t playing nice with them

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Only to you that want to complain.

In reality Phil is following through on those promises.

Which other AAA publisher is putting their games on as many platforms day one for cheap?

PS5 is only one platfrom. A game does not have to be on PS5 to have a very wide reach.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why would they help the opps

Ask the Native Americans what happens when you believe the wyman. :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Only to you that want to complain.

In reality Phil is following through on those promises.

Which other AAA publisher is putting their games on as many platforms day one for cheap?

PS5 is only one platfrom. A game does not have to be on PS5 to have a very wide reach.
It's not even about that, but Phil is always caught lying and backtracking due to playing fake nice guy. I understand it's good PR, but receipts can easily be pulled up, making him look like a hypocrite. It makes sense to play nice guy role, but he over does it and makes himself look like a fool. Like i've mentioned there's nothing wrong about pulling production of PS5 version of Starfield and Redfall because If you're investing in company and it hasn't been officially launched then there's no reason to make PS5 version. My only issue is PR wise he's dumb for making statement "doesn't want to pull Bethesda games from others" All he had to do was saying best place to play Bethesda games on Xbox or PC and all of this would be done.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a player you are the centre of our strategy. Our device is not the centre of our strategy, our game is not the centre of the strategy. We want to enable you to play the games you want to play, with the friends you want to play with, on any device. […] Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives, and I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about.
-Phil Scalebound Spencer

:wow:

Now me and my nikkas on submarines not gonna be able to play Redfall :mjcry:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

Well y’all COD days are numbers:mjgrin:

@MeachTheMonster assigned me on working on that :mjgrin:

CoD won't be as big as it is anymore without the Playstation Community Worldwide

Not like MS has the greatest track record of their own internal studios being worth a damn. T10 are the only competent ones they have. :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It's not even about that, but Phil is always caught lying and backtracking due to playing fake nice guy. I understand it's good PR, but receipts can easily be pulled up, making him look like a hypocrite. It makes sense to play nice guy role, but he over does it and makes himself look like a fool. Like i've mentioned there's nothing wrong about pulling production of PS5 version of Starfield and Redfall because If you're investing in company and it hasn't been officially launched then there's no reason to make PS5 version. My only issue is PR wise he's dumb for making statement "doesn't want to pull Bethesda games from others" All he had to do was saying best place to play Bethesda games on Xbox or PC and all of this would be done.

Fin.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ask the Native Americans what happens when you believe the wyman. :mjlol:

“Exclusives are counter to what gaming acquisitions are about”

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What did he lie about?

Making an unannounced new IP skip PS5 isn’t pulling any games from PS5.

In context, that comment was about games and communities ALREADY on other consoles. Which they’ve continued to support and release new entires in those franchises.

What he said about Bethesda as a whole
the Xbox community should feel the Bethesda acquisition is a when I think about where people are going to be playing and the number of devices that we had, and we have xCloud and PC and Game Pass and our console base, I don't have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means."

the Xbox community should feel the Bethesda acquisition is a huge investment in the experiences they are going to have in the Xbox ecosystem," and he wants that ecosystem to "absolutely be the best place to play, and we think game availability is absolutely part of that." However, the Xbox boss has also confirmed that decisions on whether games will be exclusive to Xbox will ultimately be made on a "case-by-case basis"

within context he’s been pretty true to what he says here.

What happens is the @Gizmo_Duck of the world take little snippets out of context and run around making threads like this to create a narrative cause they are in #Shambles at the sight of Microsoft finally taking gaming as seriously as they’ve done some of their other business.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What did he lie about?

Making an unannounced new IP skip PS5 isn’t pulling any games from PS5.

In context, that comment was about games and communities ALREADY on other consoles. Which they’ve continued to support and release new entires in those franchises.

What he said about Bethesda as a whole

within context he’s been pretty true to what he says here.

What happens is the @Gizmo_Duck of the world take little snippets out of context and run around making threads like this to create a narrative cause they are in #Shambles at the sight of Microsoft finally taking gaming as seriously as they’ve done some of their other business.
b9c25cda2d5ffa96bd2b9f4c2361cbc9.jpg