PS5 Is the Fastest-Selling Console in U.S. History for Dollar Sales

Daps
If Nintendo keeps supporting the switch for a solid 8-10 years it can pass the ps2. They just gotta keep hitting with games. Can't be having down years

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Taken from era:

There was previously a thread about PS5 being the fastest selling console in revenue, which caused arguments about the informative measure of the data as PS5 standard edition costs $499 as opposed to PS4’s $399 at the time, but now we know how it stacks up to #1 (I believe it to be PS4?), it’s essentially identical as it’s within %1 of a difference. I think this is an important clarification that should have its own thread. Important to note on the comparisons between PS4 and PS5 sales:
  • Stock shortages are everywhere and stock is being sold purely via online retailers, this means that every PS5 that is getting to market is sold.
  • PS5 launched in far more countries than PS4 did in its launch
  • PS5 is almost 1 million units ahead of Switch after 4 months on the market.

still don’t think it will reach PS2 levels of sales (i don’t think anything will) but the demand for the PS5 is off the charts and it’s probably due to all the references in pop culture.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ordered on Friday, delivered today :blessed:

SwaveyAV on PSN

let’sgooooooo

i Want all the madden and 2K smoke
I aint bought a Madden since McNabb was on the cover. sorry friend :flabbynsick:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Sony abandoned Japan and left the studio that made games like Ape Escape, Ico, etc., to die out. :unimpressed:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
I refuse to get until they come out with a black color.

Broke boy problems :mjgrin:

you can change the panels on the ps5 to black or any other aftermarket color or design... they’re removable

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Broke boy problems :mjgrin:

you can change the panels on the ps5 to black or any other aftermarket color or design... they’re removable
I'm not broke. I just don't want to pay extra and do extra stuff when it should be the standard.