PS5 Firmware Update Live Tomorrow, SSD expansion, UI & Remote Play Updates & More

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
…also game saves automatically download/save to the console storage…putting them on the new drive doesn’t appear to be an option
This is false. In the settings storage screen you can specify where games install going forward. Gives the option for PS5 and PS4 games separately.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is false. In the settings storage screen you can specify where games install going forward. Gives the option for PS5 and PS4 games separately.

…but I said game saves

…also game saves automatically download/save to the console storage…putting them on the new drive doesn’t appear to be an option

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
…but I said game saves
I thought you said game saves as in the game data. You're talking about game save files. Why would you be allowed to default them to a removable drive? Sony deliberately only allows them on the internal drive and the only way to back them up is cloud storage. They don't want people removing that drive from the PS5 and easily accessing the save files. Game save files have been the greatest path to hacking consoles.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
dope, I'm good though... not enough ps5 only games that I play to justify buying one now. and the ps5 games I do are all single player so they'll be deleted once I'm done. :manny:

come spring though :wow: copped
I got 1TB for $146 after all discount and including sales tax. Couldn't pass that up.