PS5 demand ‘unprecedented’

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This ain’t mcdonald’s or crispy cream. Bad analogy.

The biggest, most profitable games are not tied to any individual hardware. Sony isn’t abandoning their hardware by prioritizing the “platform”. They are just treating the hardware as one part of the “platform”.

Correct, and its the most essential pillar, same way it is for Microsoft

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not the most essential anymore.

If it was, they wouldn’t be making “Major steps” toward being a multiplatform developer.

If it wasn’t the most essential pillar they wouldn’t still be doing staggered first party to pc and/or mobile releases. Until that completely changes, it is the most essential

And if it wasn’t essential for microsoft they would have no reason to spend billions to acquire games for console exclusivity

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If it wasn’t the most essential pillar they wouldn’t still be doing staggered first party to pc and/or mobile releases. Until that completely changes, it is the most essential
It is rapidly changing. Only reason they are staggering now is because they don’t have the experience, or pipeline set up for day and date releases. They are working on that. They’ve committed to 50% of their releases being multiplat by 2025, and will continue on from there.
And if it wasn’t essential for microsoft they would have no reason to spend billions to acquire games for console exclusivity
I can’t think of any game they’ve spent money on to make it a console exclusive recently.

What game you talking about?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It is rapidly changing. Only reason they are staggering now is because they don’t have the experience, or pipeline set up for day and date releases. They are working on that. They’ve committed to 50% of their releases being multiplat by 2025, and will continue on from there.

So by later than mid console gen they will still be doing staggered console to pc releases. For the unforseeable future they have outlined that not much will change, their core traditional gaming distribution platform will continue to be console. Everything they do outside of the console falls in line with the expansion, nothing is drastically changing, whats drastically happening is growth. If SIE is a network of businesses, Playstation is still firmly in the center of it.

can’t think of any game they’ve spent money on to make it a console exclusive recently.

What game you talking about?

Redfall, Starfield? Even traditionally, Halo, Forza, Gears….if they were truly decentralizing hardware those 3 series would be on nintendo and sony platforms in some fashion.

If console wasn’t important there would be no need for console exclusivity. Console is Xbox’ divisions primary focus, still. They don’t sell gamepass and xcloud without xbox consoles.

We already saw Google try and do it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So by later than mid console gen they will still be doing staggered console to pc releases. For the unforseeable future they have outlined that not much will change, their core traditional gaming distribution platform will continue to be console. Everything they do outside of the console falls in line with the expansion, nothing is drastically changing, whats drastically happening is growth. If SIE is a network of businesses, Playstation is still firmly in the center of it.

50% of sony video game releases will be multiplat by 2025. That’s a huge change. That’s literally zero percent to half in just about 5 years.

It’s clear where sony thinks the industry and their business is going.
Redfall, Starfield? Even traditionally, Halo, Forza, Gears….if they were truly decentralizing hardware those 3 series would be on nintendo and sony platforms in some fashion.

If console wasn’t important there would be no need for console exclusivity. Console is Xbox’ divisions primary focus, still. They don’t sell gamepass and xcloud without xbox consoles.

We already saw Google try and do it.
Those games will release on literally any and everything that will run gamepass.

Gamepass/Xcloud is the platform. If sony or nintendo allowed gamepass/xcloud on their hardware, those games would release there too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
50% of sony video game releases will be multiplat by 2025. That’s a huge change. That’s literally zero percent to half in just about 5 years.

Your first mistake is you’re subtracting 50% from what they currently produce. Sony is investing a lot of money into expanding, the 50% of multiplatform games is built on top of the game they are releasing now, so it’s not 50% of 100 it’s 50% of 200.

02-A02186-C1-D3-4-F35-AA3-A-593-CE50-D6-A96.jpg

This graph shows that not only is sony greatly expanding 1st party development but traditional games on PS5’s are increasing in total on top of the multiplatform. Like I said, the change you’re seeing is growth and a much larger investment from sony into SIE in general.

Those games will release on literally any and everything that will run gamepass.

Gamepass/Xcloud is the platform. If sony or nintendo allowed gamepass/xcloud on their hardware, those games would release there too.

And for now gamepass growth is primarily driven by one platform.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Your first mistake is you’re subtracting 50% from what they currently produce. Sony is investing a lot of money into expansion, the 50% of multiplatform games is built on top of the game they are releasing now, so it’s not 50% of 100 it’s 50% of 200.
This graph shows that not only is sony greatly expanding 1st party development but traditional games on PS5’s are increasing in total on top of the multiplatform. Like I said, the change you’re seeing is growth and a much larger investment from sony into SIE in general.
I’m not subtracting anything. In reality you pulled those percentages out your ass but it doesn’t really matter to my point.

Again. Sony is making “Major Steps” to becoming “multiplatform”

That’s their words, not mine.
And for now gamepass growth is primarily driven by one platform.
They are investing heavily to change that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m not subtracting anything. In reality you pulled those percentages out your ass but it doesn’t really matter to my point.

I pulled them from the same financial call you got your information from. The image i posted is directly from Sony in conjunction with what you’re referring to and directly supports the numbers I posted :heh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Graph don’t say that goofy shyt you said :mjlol:

The graph clearly shows a major expansion. You’re my brother so i’m gonna teach you how to read basic graphs and charts.

the bar of Fiscal Year 2025 is almost 3x’s the size of Fiscal year 2019, the dark blue bar represent 1st party console games, the light blue bar are the live service multiplatform games….

Let me know if you’re with me.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The graph clearly shows a major expansion. You’re my brother so i’m gonna teach you how to read basic graphs and charts.

the bar of Fiscal Year 2025 is almost 3x’s the size of Fiscal year 2019, the dark blue bar represent 1st party console games, the light blue bar are the live service multiplatform games.

Let me know if you’re with me.
Bar size don’t matter unless you have a value on the Y axis.

Without context you can’t make any claims about what the size of the bar means. Let alone make up your own numbers to make a definitive statement. So as i said, you pulled the numbers out of your ass.

And again. That doesn’t really matter to my point. Sony is making huge changes to their business model. Your graph shows that. That’s the whole reason the graph exists. Sony is showing how much their business model is changing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bar size don’t matter unless you have a value on the Y axis.

Without context you can’t make any claims about what the size of the bar means. Let alone make up your own numbers to make a definitive statement. So as i said, you pulled the numbers out of your ass.

And again. That doesn’t really matter to my point. Sony is making huge changes to their business model. Your graph shows that. That’s the whole reason the graph exists. Sony is showing how much their business model is changing.

We do have context though, we got an entire financial breakdown of the next 3 years of their business.

What you’re calling “changes” doesn’t really equate to the discussion at all though as sony is not decentralizing their console market. They are expanding on top of it.

Even their new ‘Playstation Pictures’ Initiative is to get more people to buy more games on playstation. They could have easily continued to make uncharted, god of war, and whatever else they wanted into movies without the playstation branding. They are leveraging the consoles popularity not SIE.