PS5 demand ‘unprecedented’

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo how I get a ps5 ? Not really trying to pay resell brehs
Follow:

And SOLELINKS on twitter. Be quick on the trigger once they post a drop is coming. I copped one for my nephew fairly easy from BJ’s about a month or so ago using these pages. A lot of times drops happen around 7am and you can cop without much resistance.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hardware absolutely matters considering it’s the primary way people are subscribing to services. There is only a fractions of game pass subs coming from
Pc and even smaller of a fraction of subs coming from xcloud.

If hardware didn’t matter satya nadella wouldn’t have told investors last month how much market share they’ve gained in two quarters because of hardware sales.

They specifically mentioned that in comparison with Sony because they are still competing for market share through hardware. Phil has said numerous times gamepass is not and never will be their only business model.

Anyone who thinks hardware doesn’t matter is delusional

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Follow:

And SOLELINKS on twitter. Be quick on the trigger once they post a drop is coming. I copped one for my nephew fairly easy from BJ’s about a month or so ago using these pages. A lot of times drops happen around 7am and you can cop without much resistance.

They should stop telling people about them restocking this :beli: let the people off the street get a chance to get one first!!!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They should stop telling people about them restocking this :beli: let the people off the street get a chance to get one first!!!

Peopel don’t have a reason to casually walk into a gamestop anymore unless they think they are still getting consoles

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Peopel don’t have a reason to casually walk into a gamestop anymore unless they think they are still getting consoles

people casually walk into a gamestop all the time... :troll: Also a sign in the window about having PS5's would be enough... :heh:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Even sony has admitted hardware numbers aren’t most important right now. They are obviously one of the ways to get people into an ecosystem but regarding modern trends, hardware is following software. People are gonna play fortnight wherever they chose to play games. Not the other way around, like it was in the past.
When? In the most recent briefing, they placed an emphasis on HW being the core of their business. The majority of their software is still released within a single hardware ecosystem.

Hardware still matters because that's where a significant amount of revenue is generated from the 30% cut.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not true. Uncharted mobile will reach way more users than the console version.

What matters is convincing people to spend money on the game wherever they are.

I’m not sure where you are getting that logic from. If im sony, i want people to not only spend money on my console but I want 100% of teh revenue from your spending, i don’t wanna shell out 30% to middlemen, like gamestop, amazon, steam, apple, epic, etc.

And hopefully you stay on the console you bought and play fortnite and warzone and buy a bunch of MTX. Then go buy an additional controller, then….

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m not sure where you are getting that logic from. If im sony, i want people to not only spend money on my console but I want 100% of teh revenue from your spending, i don’t wanna shell out 30% to middlemen, like gamestop, amazon, steam, apple, epic, etc.

And hopefully you stay on the console you bought and play fortnite and warzone and buy a bunch of MTX. Then go buy an additional controller, then….
Every recent dollar sony has spent has been about reaching people outside of playstation.

It’s clear where their priorities are going forward.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
When? In the most recent briefing, they placed an emphasis on HW being the core of their business. The majority of their software is still released within a single hardware ecosystem.

Hardware still matters because that's where a significant amount of revenue is generated from the 30% cut.
Sony Ceo said:
myself would say, platform is important. But primarily, communities of interest are going to be close to the motivation, so we are not really thinking as one platform. And background for that, as I said, with network, media is changing rapidly, and it will continue to change. If I'm to take some examples, AOL was there, and then portals - Yahoo was there - and then Google was separated, and then social in the form in Facebook, and then sound social, and maybe game social like Discord. So there'll be separations. And that is occurring, and we have to respond to those changes. Content does not change so much. Creativity from people does not change so much. So I would say, in the past, hardware chose contents but now, content and creators will be choosing the Hardware

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Every recent dollar sony has spent has been about reaching people outside of playstation.

It’s clear where their priorities are going forward.

Yes, expanding, not abandoning their central platform.

You think if i own mcdonalds and want to buy Krispy Kreme, that i suddenly don’t care about McDonald’s anymore? No, it means I went to target a market that doesn’t give a shyt about eating burgers or French fries.

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Here's the full quote from that thread.

Question: From the beginning of this year, there has been various developments in the US game industry... the US entertainment industry is undergoing big change, and in response to that, has the position of the company - for example strengthening IP or strengthening DTC - has it changed in an accelerated fashion? Playstation platform is very solid and you have a big population behind this, and in the earnings call you talked about playing time being tracked, so how do you receive the change in the industry, and I'm repeating myself, by strengthening IP or strengthening platform? I don't think you have changed but what kind of risks need to be factored in, and what kind of timeline as well for that.

Yoshida: Thank you for the good question, important question. Totoki-san can respond as well later on. First, thinking behind M&A, especially active in the game industry. As we think about M&A, by us investing, if it is games, for gamers or game creators, can we increase value for them, that is what we're thinking first. So rather than winning share, whether we can contribute or not, that is a key perspective. Sony is to become a brand that is loved by creators, that's what I said. I myself would say, platform is important. But primarily, communities of interest are going to be close to the motivation, so we are not really thinking as one platform. And background for that, as I said, with network, media is changing rapidly, and it will continue to change. If I'm to take some examples, AOL was there, and then portals - Yahoo was there - and then Google was separated, and then social in the form in Facebook, and then sound social, and maybe game social like Discord. So there'll be separations. And that is occurring, and we have to respond to those changes. Content does not change so much. Creativity from people does not change so much. So I would say, in the past, media chose contents but now, content and creators will be choosing the media. So we are changing the phases now. We are a company that becomes closer to creators. I don't know if I'm answering your question, but Totoki-san...

Totoki: I don't have much to add, but we have IP and DTC and we are having more weight on IP for investment. Why? Ability to create excellent content, however the world might change with network, distribution changes, but still ultimately, the attraction for content should be there, otherwise it's not viable as a business. So always, in order to increase capabilities what should we do? We should become closer to creators as Yoshida says, so we're pursuing what we can do to become closer to creators.

This isn't hardware taking a backseat, this is expanding to grab more on top of that hence the live-service push and the increased M&A.

Not true. Uncharted mobile will reach way more users than the console version.

What matters is convincing people to spend money on the game wherever they are.
This isn't really true. Sure, you reach more eyes that way, but what about engagement and retention?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, expanding, not abandoning their central platform.

You think if i own mcdonalds and want to buy Krispy Kreme, that i suddenly don’t care about McDonald’s anymore? No, it means I went to target a market that doesn’t give a shyt about eating burgers or French fries.
This ain’t mcdonald’s or crispy cream. Bad analogy.

The biggest, most profitable games are not tied to any individual hardware. Sony isn’t abandoning their hardware by prioritizing the “platform”. They are just treating the hardware as one part of the “platform”.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Here's the full quote from that thread.

This isn't hardware taking a backseat, this is expanding to grab more on top of that hence the live-service push and the increased M&A.

He literally says hardware will follow the software instead of software following the hardware as it was in the past.

They have now committed to at least 50% of their games being multiplatform going forward.
This isn't really true. Sure, you reach more eyes that way, but what about engagement and retention?
Engagement and retention are all that matters.

You sell a million consoles to people who are not engaged, you make no money.

You put your platform on any hardware where people are engaged, you make money.

I’m the past hardware was the platform.

Today the platform is hardware agnostic. They will bring the platform to you, wherever you are .

Last edited: