PS5 demand ‘unprecedented’

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Still crazy to me how hard it is for the average person to get a playstation at retail price and not in a bundle. I feel like I'm in possession of a rare Pokemon card :mjlol:

It really is insane. Sony biggest competitor right now are factories that produce the 7nm chipset.

The only reason ps5’s aren’t selling like the switch right now is due to not being able to make enough

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
straight from phill spencer. Series Consoles are selling much better than Xbox one.

So your “analyst” is wrong as fukk.

Other analysts estimate sales are pretty close between PS5 and Xbox Series consoles.

So, as i said. You goofys don’t actually know the numbers. Just making shyt up cause it makes you feel good :ufdup:
Those Sony numbers don't come from an analyst. They come directly from their earnings reports. The forbes contributor article you're quoting is using a bunch of conjecture to come to his conclusion. He also fails to mention that even with supply constraints, Sony was producing more systems than MS. It's also comparing *reported* PS5 sales from October 2021 to Series X|S *estimated* sales from Jan. 2022.

Spencer made a statement about selling at a faster rate compared to other Xbox hardware, but they never gave any numbers. People took that statement and compared launch aligned and came up with the number. We'll never really know until they start reporting actual numbers, and you better believe they would be, if they were close or doing better.

Even if they're not close, MS is still doing their own thing, and doing it well. It seems like everyone will be successful this generation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It really is insane. Sony biggest competitor right now are factories that produce the 7nm chipset.

The only reason ps5’s aren’t selling like the switch right now is due to not being able to make enough
Switch would be selling more if they had inventory too.

In 2022 the company that can produce more will sell more. Demand is unprecedented across the board right now. Gaming is as popular as its ever been.

Arguing over individual consoles sales is old news right now. How many people are engaged in your games is what matters in 2022.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Those Sony numbers don't come from an analyst. They come directly from their earnings reports. The forbes contributor article you're quoting is using a bunch of conjecture to come to his conclusion. He also fails to mention that even with supply constraints, Sony was producing more systems than MS. It's also comparing *reported* PS5 sales from October 2021 to Series X|S *estimated* sales from Jan. 2022.

Spencer made a statement about selling at a faster rate compared to other Xbox hardware, but they never gave any numbers. People took that statement and compared launch aligned and came up with the number. We'll never really know until they start reporting actual numbers, and you better believe they would be, if they were close or doing better.

Even if they're not close, MS is still doing their own thing, and doing it well. It seems like everyone will be successful this generation.
The sony numbers are official. Xbox estimated. Yes it’s not exact. That’s my whole point.

Anyone claiming to know the numbers are just making shyt up.

Xbox was at 12 million in January AT THE VERY LEAST. And that’s straight from microsoft mouth.

If we extrapolate that out till now, xbox should be at at least about 17-18 mill. which isn’t far from Sonys official numbers.

We also know that since the beginning of the year xbox has had more supply and sold more than PS5

So taking everything into account. The sales between the two are pretty close right now. Depending on how supply is going forward xbox could be in the lead very soon.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The sony numbers are official. Xbox estimated. Yes it’s not exact. That’s my whole point.

Anyone claiming to know the numbers are just making shyt up.

Xbox was at 12 million in January AT THE VERY LEAST. And that’s straight from microsoft mouth.

If we extrapolate that out till now, xbox should be at at least about 17-18 mill. which isn’t far from Sonys official numbers.

We also know that since the beginning of the year xbox has had more supply and sold more than PS5

So taking everything into account. The sales between the two are pretty close right now. Depending on how supply is going forward xbox could be in the lead very soon.

You can't hand-wave away other people's estimates and then go on to make you own, because they fit the reality you want. MS are only making public statements. They're not giving numbers and there's a reason for that.

Edit: I meant estimation.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can't hand-wave away other people's estimates and then go on to make the claims you're making, because they fit the reality you want. MS are only making public statements. They're not giving numbers and there's a reason for that.
I have not made any claims.

Other than saying people pretending to be sure of the numbers are making stuff up :stopitslime:

The old thinking of “they aren’t reporting the numbers so they must be bad” is just wrong.

Microsoft doesn’t report numbers for pretty much any individual hardware/software anymore.

They are all about promoting engagement in their ecosystem as a whole.

Don’t matter how successful xbox hardware is. we will never get exact numbers again :manny:

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I have not made any claims.

Other than saying people pretending to be sure of the numbers are making stuff up :stopitslime:

The old thinking of “they aren’t reporting the numbers so they must be bad” is just wrong.

Microsoft doesn’t report numbers for pretty much any individual hardware/software anymore.

They are all about promoting engagement in their ecosystem as a whole.

Don’t matter how successful xbox hardware is. we will never get exact numbers again :manny:

I don't think their numbers are bad.

They stopped reporting hardware numbers when they fell behind the other two.

Yea, they're successful in their own way.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't think their numbers are bad.

They stopped reporting hardware numbers when they fell behind the other two.

Yea, they're successful in their own way.
They stopped reporting hardware numbers when it was clear software/services are the most important indicator of profit.

When Minecraft can make billions regardless of what hardware it’s tied to, actual hardware numbers don’t really matter anymore.

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They stopped reporting hardware numbers when it was clear software/services are the most important indicator of profit.

When Minecraft can make billions regardless of what hardware it’s tied to, actual hardware numbers don’t really matter anymore.
Hardware sales still matter. I think it's more fair to say they're less important to MS right now for various reasons.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hardware sales still matter. I think it's more fair to say they're less important to MS right now for various reasons.
Even sony has admitted hardware numbers aren’t most important right now. They are obviously one of the ways to get people into an ecosystem but regarding modern trends, hardware is following software. People are gonna play fortnight wherever they chose to play games. Not the other way around, like it was in the past.