• XBox One

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Is it true that you won't be able to play PS3 games on the PS4?
Not at launch, they are working to put the highest rated PS3 games available for Gaikai(sp) for streaming Q1 2014, it will be done increments E.G. lets say 10 games in March, 10 in April ect...

No there is no disc based backwards compatibility.

Gaikai streaming Mass Effect 2.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So is that a yes or a no?
The answer is NO

What he was trying to explain is this, sony bought a cloud service. And what they will try to do is sell you there games all over again just like how Nintendo does it
So instead of making games compatible right out the box, they would rather stream the games to you via a service they will charge for
Now sony has said they can't get PS3 games to work on the service properly and they have no idea when they'll have that working
For right now, only PS1 and 2 games work that way. They confirmed PS3 games will not be ready any time soon

Another thing, since this is a streaming service, that means YOU HAVE TO BE ALWAYS ONLINE like how the Xbox One was originally gonna be.
You can't stream games if you don't have online. So if that sounds like something you wanna pay extra extra extra for? Then yes, one day in 2015 they "might" have ps3 games working. 2014 like other dude said? :heh: Okay. Ask him for a link to that...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
No and Yes, eventually with the GaiKai streaming tech you will have access to PS1/2/&3 games. But, I have a feeling this will be behind a tiered paywall, being the Netflix of games. So you will have PS+ fee(gold $50) and PS+fee with Gaikai(platinum $60)
And here is the guy lying again. Lying to you that Gaikai will be a $10 service :laff:
Okay, so they gonna give you every PS1/2/3 game for $10 a month?

Show us all the link where they say or even hint at that. If you don't, then you sir are lying and just got called out on it :popcorn:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
The answer is NO

What he was trying to explain is this, sony bought a cloud service. And what they will try to do is sell you there games all over again just like how Nintendo does it
So instead of making games compatible right out the box, they would rather stream the games to you via a service they will charge for
Now sony has said they can't get PS3 games to work on the service properly and they have no idea when they'll have that working
For right now, only PS1 and 2 games work that way. They confirmed PS3 games will not be ready any time soon

Another thing, since this is a streaming service, that means YOU HAVE TO BE ALWAYS ONLINE like how the Xbox One was originally gonna be.
You can't stream games if you don't have online. So if that sounds like something you wanna pay extra extra extra for? Then yes, one day in 2015 they "might" have ps3 games working. 2014 like other dude said? :heh: Okay. Ask him for a link to that...

It was stated at E3 2013 Sony Press Conf. By Andrew House

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
And here is the guy lying again. Lying to you that Gaikai will be a $10 service :laff:
Okay, so they gonna give you every PS1/2/3 game for $10 a month?

Show us all the link where they say or even hint at that. If you don't, then you sir are lying and just got called out on it :popcorn:
The pricing was me giving an example of how I think it would work.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It was stated at E3 2013 Sony Press Conf. By Andrew House
I know everything about both systems, I actually care about the truth. I don't take the word of a fanboy and run with it like its real info
What I said is fact, what you said is bending the truth. Thats why I said "ask him for a link" and until you provide one?
You lying, simple as that :ufdup: So lets see you backup your statement. Please don't pull up an article that just mentions Gaikai either, get one that says what YOU ARE SAYING...
The pricing was me giving an example of how I think it would work.

No, the pricing was you blatantly lying to a person who had a real question. You didn't say it was an example, you put it up like that was the pricing
PS+ really is $50, you didn't then say "And hopefully with Gaikai it'll be $60" you put it like that was fact which would of had someone who didn't know the truth thinking that is whats good. Don't do shyt like that, then act like you didn't
We supposed to be a community that helps one another, not deceive each other with false info :smh:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
I know everything about both systems, I actually care about the truth. I don't take the word of a fanboy and run with it like its real info
What I said is fact, what you said is bending the truth. Thats why I said "ask him for a link" and until you provide one?
You lying, simple as that :ufdup: So lets see you backup your statement. Please don't pull up an article that just mentions Gaikai either, get one that says what YOU ARE SAYING...

No, the pricing was you blatantly lying to a person who had a real question. You didn't say it was an example, you put it up like that was the pricing
PS+ really is $50, you didn't then say "And hopefully with Gaikai it'll be $60" you put it like that was fact which would of had someone who didn't know the truth thinking that is whats good. Don't do shyt like that, then act like you didn't
We supposed to be a community that helps one another, not deceive each other with false info :smh:

Here you go self taught dumb nikka

http://kotaku.com/5985810/the-ps4-will-stream-ps1-ps2-and-ps3-games

and oh self taught dumb nikka if you're going to read make sure comprehension is part of it.

Here's my quote.

No and Yes, eventually with the GaiKai streaming tech you will have access to PS1/2/&3 games. But, I have a feeling this will be behind a tiered paywall, being the Netflix of games. So you will have PS+ fee(gold $50) and PS+fee with Gaikai(platinum $60)

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
LMAO @ "possible/up to devs" for PS4's cloud entry, like they're coming close to what Microsoft is offering any time soon. Gaikai's not even available at launch nor is there any info yet of it being available outside the US in the near future :laff:

And about the video recording, its an auto-record of the last 5minutes. A voice command will save the last 30 seconds for on the fly shyt. Twitch streaming will save the entire session regardless of length. Can go in and edit the footage, add voice overs, alla dat shyt. What a console. :wow:

TV features?

Mutitasking?

Thats neogaf for ya :troll:
PS4 doesnt need the cloud like Microsoft does obviously. PS4 will run Titanfall with no problems. Xbox one has to use the cloud because the system, and i hate to be frank, is trash, in comparison to ps4.