PS4 sounding like a jet engine.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Yo this shyt has got louder, trying to play South Park Fractured but whole and it sounds like lift off is about to happen. Can’t even hear the game over the sound of the PlayStation. I have heard freeing up some space is supposed to help and have tried that but it’s still noisy as fukk.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I used to have these problems with my PS3. shyt would get loud as fukk after an hour of play. I got it fixed and it did it again. After that I had Sony replace the entire device because I got tired of paying them for the shyt to break again. Had the current one since 2012 and haven't had any issues with it.

Prolly ain't no thermal paste on the cpu or something stupid like that.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it has nothing to do with the size of the game

as the machine works hard to render faux-K graphics, it gets hot, and the fan spins faster to try to cool things off. over time dust collects inside and blocks airflow, making the fans have to work even harder to stabilize the temperature

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

as the machine works hard to render faux-K graphics, it gets hot, and the fan spins faster to try to cool things off. over time dust collects inside and blocks airflow, making the fans have to work even harder to stabilize the temperature
Faux-k = Fox-K = Star fox

Now what does star fox drive? :ohhh:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

I’m aware that there isn’t really a direct correlation between size and GPU usage, BUT the larger games usually are that large due to high resolution textures, which seem to make my Pro churn the hardest.
You have to open up your PS4 and clean the dust out
System is 2 months out the box. The system is just loud :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My PS4 Pro was as loud as Laguardia Airport. Today I brought it in to work, disassembled it completely, cleaned the APU and reapplied fresh Thermal Paste(Arctic Silver 5) and I also made some holes on the top cover over the fan so it can draw in more cool air. My shyt was ignant loud before playing Red Dead 2 now it's MUCH quieter and it doesn't revv up like a frustrated Sony stan defending Killzone.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
My PS4 Pro was as loud as Laguardia Airport. Today I brought it in to work, disassembled it completely, cleaned the APU and reapplied fresh Thermal Paste(Arctic Silver 5) and I also made some holes on the top cover over the fan so it can draw in more cool air. My shyt was ignant loud before playing Red Dead 2 now it's MUCH quieter and it doesn't revv up like a frustrated Sony stan defending Killzone.

I got rid of my launch PS4 in April as God of War was killing it and it couldn’t handle the game. I have a pro now and it is as silent as a mouse:wow:, I clean it weekly now as I don’t want no smoke.:whoa: