PS4 sounding like a jet engine.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Mine was sounding like that too so I took it completely apart, cleaned the dust out with some electronic cleaner and air duster. Also applied new thermo paste to the RAM and CPU. Been running fine for about a year.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
My OG PS4 I had since 2015 always ran quiet.

Got a pro in September and that shyt can get loud. Don't think there is anyway to avoid it.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:scust:Long gone are the days when my PS4 ran silently. Now I have it sounding like it’s about to take off. I have had my PS4 since launch so it’s gone through a lot. I finally broke the seal as my warranty would have long expired and decided to take it apart and clean it. Two cans of air dusters later and putting it back together and it is still sounding the same but has less gusto.:mjcry:. If not for dust build up what could be the cause of this fault, I have cleaned the fan and the hard drive. I want to take advantage of the PlayStation store deals but shook that I will make some digital purchases only to have my PS4 die shortly after. Also is there a way to preserve my save game data without subscribing to PSN?:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
I got my launch system too, leave it on 24/7 as it was designed to do. The fan will get loud when I start up certain games but only for a few seconds then it doesn't happen again. Some devices are designed for the long haul :manny:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I love it when a community can come together to share experiences so we can be an informed bunch. Not the fanboy stuff, I'm talking when the chips are down and people are just being real with one another :thumbsup:

When keeping it real goes wrong...

My pro can be loud at times, shyt's annoying
Pro = loud and annoying but it's $100 cheaper so...
My ps4 does that shyt too... Does this shyt had rlod?
Oh it has the ylod :banderas:
Pro does this for me on some games. Sounding close to X360 launch loudness levels.
Wow, that's the pro level of loud, it's on Xbox level :scust:
My pro gets loud af at times and i just bought this mf. Makes me feel like i need to replace the thermal paste already.:scust:
Damn, the shyt so loud nikka talking about adding caulk, soldering, quantum physics just to keep it running :picard:
No lie this shyt woke my wife up in the bedroom, from the living room :mindblown:

I was on the elevator in 2K and that shyt was sounding like a fighter jet revving up
Wife in bed, this shyt from living room wakes her he says :whoo:you better be living in a trailer or yikes. Is it at least a double wide :patrice:
Yea my sister was playing to 2k and her ps4 was loud as shyt.
The confirmations are piling up here :dame:
“Fighter jet” :mjlol::russ:

:mjcry: Mines too
:damn:
My pro does that shyt on BF1 and Battlefront 2
:deadhorse:
If I have YouTube and an Online Game going, yes it will be revving but I have Headphones so :yeshrug:
This nikka had to invest in noise canceling headphones just to alleviate the construction hammerjack noises :lupe:
Mine was sounding like that too so I took it completely apart, cleaned the dust out with some electronic cleaner and air duster. Also applied new thermo paste to the RAM and CPU. Been running fine for about a year.
fukk the warranty :handshake:
My OG PS4 I had since 2015 always ran quiet.

Got a pro in September and that shyt can get loud. Don't think there is anyway to avoid it.
There is one way you can avoid it but it would require you to treat yourself :myman:
Only game it does this on is Uncharted 4 for some reason
And yet I've quoted countless post before yours stating otherwise. It's clearly a major design flaw, and it's being swept under the rug because of the console war. Thanks for the receipts fellaz!!!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I love it when a community can come together to share experiences so we can be an informed bunch. Not the fanboy stuff, I'm talking when the chips are down and people are just being real with one another :thumbsup:

When keeping it real goes wrong...

Pro = loud and annoying but it's $100 cheaper so...

Oh it has the ylod :banderas:

Wow, that's the pro level of loud, it's on Xbox level :scust:

Damn, the shyt so loud nikka talking about adding caulk, soldering, quantum physics just to keep it running :picard:

Wife in bed, this shyt from living room wakes her he says :whoo:you better be living in a trailer or yikes. Is it at least a double wide :patrice:

The confirmations are piling up here :dame:

:damn:

:deadhorse:

This nikka had to invest in noise canceling headphones just to alleviate the construction hammerjack noises :lupe:

fukk the warranty :handshake:

There is one way you can avoid it but it would require you to treat yourself :myman:

And yet I've quoted countless post before yours stating otherwise. It's clearly a major design flaw, and it's being swept under the rug because of the console war. Thanks for the receipts fellaz!!!

James Brown, Jackie Channel, and that bytch MacGyver