PS4 Pro Thread|FAQ, Price, Info

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, you would think, but the ps4pro UC4 is rendering at 1440p. It's gotta be downsampled to play on any TV (cuz 1440p is not available on TVs). So for me it's downsampling then upscaling I guess. I dunno.
isn't there an option to have the Pro output 4K, so your TV won't upscale anything? isn't that the whole point of "checkerboard rendering" and such?

edit:

For those with a 4K display, Uncharted 4’s story can be played on PS4 Pro at 1440p resolution, up from 1080p on PS4. Multiplayer’s fluid, high-framerate gameplay remains the same, but the resolution has also been increased to a full 1080p on PS4 Pro, up from 900p on PS4. The Last of Us Remastered, on the other hand, allows you to choose whether you want to play in the game’s original target framerate of 30 frames per second at 2160p or at a high targeted 60 frames per second at 1800p.

However, those using PS4 Pro with a standard high-definition (1080p) display will also benefit. Both Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us Remastered will render at the highest resolution and downscale the super-sampled image to 1080p, resulting in noticeably crisp and smooth graphics.

Hrcules

ayyy
Daps
LOL, you was told to do that like 3 pages ago...you around the house trying to find receipts and sh*t.

:lolbron:
Shyt brah never before had i gotte buyers remorse as bad as today, felt cheated tbh

So i put ratchet and clank but never got a update. This shyt got the pro patch from the get go?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
so any impressions besides technical issues? :ld:
I love that I can use the PS4 to netflix now instead of my TV...

Normally I use Xbox for my media shyt, but I can only access 4k shyt through 4k capable devices so I was forced to use my LG remote for the built in TV app.

Its much easier to navigate netflix with a controller compared to a remote IMO.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
@Hrcules

There are a few catches to consider, however. For one, the 2015 models discussed here offer smart TV system we’ve never been particularly fond of. But a 4K streaming set-top box like the Roku or Amazon Fire TV is a better choice from both a user interface and content perspective. Or, if you like to be on the bleeding edge of video tech, Samsung’s K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player is compatible with Vizio’s 2015 M-series, as shown in our video above. You’ll have to use HDMI input 5, as it is the only one equipped to handle HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2, both protocols which the Samsung player requires. However, you’ll get less compressed 4K video, which is visually superior to most streaming 4K options.

Read more: Get a monstrous 4K picture for under $2K with Vizio's outgoing M-Series
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
he might got the same tv i got but yeah hdmi 5 is what he should be on and then put it on game made if he wants reduced input lag

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I'll give you guys a real review from the person who doesn't have a 4K TV. My reasons for upgrading are in the minority, as the streaming, wireless card upgrade and game capture features were selling points to me. I enjoy gaming in my mancave and being able to capture good quality gameplay as well. I also much rather prefer devs hit 1080p/60fps going forward and hopefully that is achieved a lot more often on the Pro.

The OG PS4 along with my capture card will move to the office and the Pro Station will be in the mancave
ok can yall talk about the games n shyt what battlefield 1 look like