PS4 becomes the 4th best selling console of all time.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
and so does MS with RROD :umad:
Incorrect, and you've been told this too many times to not know so you just keeping thangs MANDATORY :scusthov:

People didn't buy new consoles, we didn't have to because the xbox came with a one year warranty and they added 3 more years to that...
https://www.forbes.com/2007/07/05/msft-xbox-charge-tech-media-cx_rr_0705techmsft.html#266e87cf60a6

And as you claim to forget how things played out on the Sony side they didn't start giving free repairs till 5/6yrs after ps2 released. So not only launch systems but all systems for first 4yrs was disc read error was subject to disc read error and Sony claimed they wasn't at fault. But they was internally talking about the problem which anyone who worked in retail at the time could confirm was a major problem :francis:

On xbox, they handled things like this...

And you nikkaz been furious and lying about what happened, and why? Battered wife syndrome from the ps2 era. Not sure why you wanna make excuses for Sony losing in court worldwide but hey, I'm the fanboy, don't listen to me :hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Incorrect, and you've been told this too many times to not know so you just keeping thangs MANDATORY :scusthov:

People didn't buy new consoles, we didn't have to because the xbox came with a one year warranty and they added 3 more years to that...
https://www.forbes.com/2007/07/05/msft-xbox-charge-tech-media-cx_rr_0705techmsft.html#266e87cf60a6

And as you claim to forget how things played out on the Sony side they didn't start giving free repairs till 5/6yrs after ps2 released. So not only launch systems but all systems for first 4yrs was disc read error was subject to disc read error and Sony claimed they wasn't at fault. But they was internally talking about the problem which anyone who worked in retail at the time could confirm was a major problem :francis:

And you nikkaz been furious and lying about what happened, and why? Battered wife syndrome from the ps2 era. Not sure why you wanna make excuses for Sony losing in court worldwide but hey, I'm the fanboy, don't listen to me :hubie:

Nobody reading that shyt :mjlol:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
It's funny looking back before this generation started, a lot of people were saying this would be the last generation of consoles.

And I don't see that changing anytime soon. Most gamers were concerned about cloud-based gaming being the new standard because of the service goes belly-up, there goes your ownership of the game. With consoles, if you purchased them physically, you have it for life. Digitally on PSN isn't quite as locked, but Sony's not going anywhere anytime soon, and the PlayStation brand is incredibly strong.

I can't see people jumping into cloud gaming exclusively unless there was a big sell or a reason to, never mind the issues like internet speed and so on. Stadia's VIP launch was a mess supposedly, and nobody's talking about it... And that's supposed to launch fully this year.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I don't see that changing anytime soon. Most gamers were concerned about cloud-based gaming being the new standard because of the service goes belly-up, there goes your ownership of the game. With consoles, if you purchased them physically, you have it for life. Digitally on PSN isn't quite as locked, but Sony's not going anywhere anytime soon, and the PlayStation brand is incredibly strong.

I can't see people jumping into cloud gaming exclusively unless there was a big sell or a reason to, never mind the issues like internet speed and so on. Stadia's VIP launch was a mess supposedly, and nobody's talking about it... And that's supposed to launch fully this year.
Digital sales are outpacing physical sales and by the end of this decade, physical sales would probably be extinct. At least in the west and japan anyway.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

:stopitslime: you know damn well nikkas was buying multiple 360s.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:stopitslime: you know damn well nikkas was buying multiple 360s.
And you know damn well it wasn't because of RROD. Microsoft fixing systems for free and you're over here i guess saying instead of taking advantage of the billion dollar insurance policy they spent their money on another system. So things like the slim model had nothing to do with that? Bigger hdds also, or the fact that gen went longer than the traditional 5yrs. None of that is the reasons. Nope, you convinced yourself a free fix wasn't not only used, but abused since you could have any problem and all you had to do was say it was RROD and they fixed it for free NO QUESTIONS ASKED :ufdup:

So no my nikka, you Sony dudes didn't know or care to remember all that because you enjoy being ignorant on most topics. Please bruh, quit lying to yourself because you look just as foolish as your comrades :picard:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And you know damn well it wasn't because of RROD. Microsoft fixing systems for free and you're over here i guess saying instead of taking advantage of the billion dollar insurance policy they spent their money on another system. So things like the slim model had nothing to do with that? Bigger hdds also, or the fact that gen went longer than the traditional 5yrs. None of that is the reasons. Nope, you convinced yourself a free fix wasn't not only used, but abused since you could have any problem and all you had to do was say it was RROD and they fixed it for free NO QUESTIONS ASKED :ufdup:

So no my nikka, you Sony dudes didn't know or care to remember all that because you enjoy being ignorant on most topics. Please bruh, quit lying to yourself because you look just as foolish as your comrades :picard:
Dudes was trying to buy the "updated" models that didn't have RROD. There was a thread back on the hamster where one of you xbox dudes went through 5 consoles :camby:. I'm not going to lie through I've had to fix my ps2 3x for the controller port and cd rom issue :scusthov:.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Dudes was trying to buy the "updated" models that didn't have RROD. There was a thread back on the hamster where one of you xbox dudes went through 5 consoles :camby:. I'm not going to lie through I've had to fix my ps2 3x for the controller port and cd rom issue :scusthov:.
So because somebody on the internet claims they went thru 5 systems, you being a Sony fan decided to make today claim the national average :yawn: What you didn't say was that person only paid for one system. On the Sony side of things they wouldn't fix shyt till 5yrs after launch. You know, during the period when disc read error was at its height.

Anyone who worked retail at the time can confirm broken ps2's was no small isolated thing. At my store they was piled to the ceiling. The Sony rep told us they knew but had no info to give about it. Hence why they eventually lost lawsuits worldwide. But hey, metal gear solid 2 was fun so it didn't happen :hhh:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Digital sales are outpacing physical sales and by the end of this decade, physical sales would probably be extinct. At least in the west and japan anyway.

By 2030? I mean it's possible, depending on just how much leaps and bounds we make in terms of technology and streaming. Netflix in 2020 is a completely different beast from Netflix in 2010, for example. Music streaming ten years ago is worlds apart from how we listen to music now. It just depends on convincing the consumers that it's the best option to take, and even then, consumers want assurance. They want to know that whatever game they purchase, it's theirs for life. That sentiment I don't see changing in ten years, unless Sony and Microsoft can sell digital so well that it doesn't matter to the people at large anymore.

Digital sales are great because of no taxes (at least in Canada) and you don't have to go out of your way to buy a physical copy. There's no risk of it selling out, and once the game releases at midnight, you can play it immediately. For many physical stores, if it's not an anticipated launch like Halo or Pokemon, they won't do midnight releases. I had to go to a local gaming store chain for the midnight release of Kingdom Hearts 3, and who knows if I'm gonna have to do that again for Final Fantasy VII Remake. So digital absolutely has its perks.

But idunno, there's just something nostalgic about owning the physical copy, having the cases sit on your shelf, and all that comes with it. For me, it's part of the fun. If moving forward though, we're all digital, I wouldn't have any issues but it'd definitely mark the end of a really long era.