Prove U From Da Dmv (DMV NÌGGAS KNO WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain't from the area originally, but played DC for years...

Platinum on F Street in the 2000's. That shyt was like a high school dance. Went there are randomly saw live performances by Jim Jones and Ray Cash back in the summer of 06'. They would let you in there wearing anything. :picard:

Lounge of III on U Street was the home base that always killed it with the old school Hip Hop. It was the spot when I grew out of my club phase.

Remember when Up Against the Wall was right in front of Howard University before it was a Potbelly there. Up Against the Wall in Georgetown had hella fresh gear you couldn't find nowhere else and dimes working in there. They had all the PRPS denim before Lil Wayne was even talking about that shyt back in like 04'. They completed gentrified that vibe out of the District. :mjcry:

Love Nightclub. All those floors of fukkery. bytches would be on me wanting to know where I was from because I had that exotic Bay swag they wasn't used to :takedat:. Hella bad bytches at Love were aggressive as fukk and their girlfriends always player hated like "don't go home with him" because they weren't getting any dikk. Bartenders were the best looking women in the house. :ehh: Saw Tribe Called Quest at Love September 2006 and Nas there in April 2007.

Howard Homecoming when Georgia Ave became Little New York. All the New Yorkers selling weed right in front of Howard University over fold out tables handing out weed in CD cases talmbout we got diesel and chocolate tye, I'm like gimme one of each. :jawalrus:

Gettin drunk with cac Capitals fans in Chinatown at Bar Louie on dead ass nights and leaving and seeing all them hoodrats doing nothing hanging outside. Watching Hebrew Israelites dressed in vintage Earth Wind and Fire stage costumes tell cacs they're going to hell over megaphones a block up in front of the Metro. :ahh:

Remember seeing Jay-Z, Jeezy, Trey Songz and Alicia Keys at the Verizon Center back in 2010 :ohlawd:. Called outta work that day and drank a Four Loko on the ride down (it was 2010 when that shyt was the new crack). :myman:

Meeting chicks from PG at bars and clubs in DC. :myman: Being exposed to where black affluence in suburbia intersects with the hood when messing with them out in PG. :whoa:

Copping overpriced resold kicks at Kickkspott in Georgetown when I wanted to stunt in that shyt the same day and didn't want to wait on the internet and UPS to sport some heat. :shaq2:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Bonadachi
Scraypuz
Solbiato
New Balances
Helly Hansen
Ski masks
North Face
Hugo Boss
Rubber bands around the pants cuff and rolling your cuffs up
nikkas poppin they collar up on their polo
Snow pants
Foams

"Was gud fool/moe/slim/cuz."
"You jhi like blowin me fool."
"You tryna yeah?" "Yeah I'm tryna yeah!"
"I stamp on my muva fool."
"Kill"
"This nikka champ as shyt."

Playing 33 at the court
fukkin with the rollers
Going to the GoGos in high school (Merge, LOL, Icon) and riding the chop train (took so many peoples phones during this)
UCB, TCB, New Impressionz, XIB, AJA
Ledo's
The Boulevard and Six Flags being the go-to moves in high school
DTLR
Joaning
Everything you mentioned was when I was growing up except I don't think I ever heard of the Merge or LOL. I remember my first Icon Sunday. I was dancing on a joint and next thing you know she had her pants to her ankles. Shawty was in nothing but her panties and her ass cheeks straight bouncing on a nikka. Of course that brought the wolves out and nikkas swarming just smacking her ass as she was freaking on me :laff:
Then when you lean back and nikkas hold you up so the girl basically giving you a lapdance :banderas: :mjcry:

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
I wanna know too, I’ve noticed all that since high school around ‘07.
Yeah I was a freshman in 06 so we noticed it around the same time

shyt is jii weird

I started seeing mad heads with Hugo Boss polos a pair of foams on & a Kufi

Or this joint w a fitted cap on

0eae6e5dcfba2c6dd74a471d1666be29.jpg

Q Da Fool bald head ass always got a kufi on

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Yeah I was a freshman in 06 so we noticed it around the same time

shyt is jii weird

I started seeing mad heads with Hugo Boss polos a pair of foams on & a Kufi

Or this joint w a fitted cap on

0eae6e5dcfba2c6dd74a471d1666be29.jpg

Shiiieeeetttt real talk tho, I jii fukks wit that neck scarf look :ehh:

I got a big ass Afro now so no fitteds for me unless I’m rocking twists.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Ill take you back Zanzibar, H20, Republic Gardens, Patty Boom Booms. Horace and dikkies

Old DC carnival before the big ass fight and it getting done away with.

Young I was there that day seeing a nikka run down the street with blood all over his hands .

Then couple people passed out that shyt was a fukking mess .

That day was lit too man :smh:.

Anyway back to the topic .

Old favorites .

Going to see rich boy at H2O.

HOCHI best mumbo sauce :ufdup:.

Long ass shoe lines at PG :snoop:

Barneys was my shopping spot still don't know why that got closed down .

Georgetown cupcakes are trash !!!

Baked and wired best cupcakes around .

They are in Georgetown also .

Random nights at fur :mjlol:

Love was cool the let out was better than the club sometimes :lolbron: .

Adams Morgan before i knew better and start going to Ustreet .

By the way I've tried mad restaurants in Adams MorgAn most of them are trash .

Except a sushi spot at the top of the hill that shyt aight .

nikka jye killt that :whew:.

Last edited:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
That shyt was tradition and classic.

The DJ would play Lil Wayne's "Money on my Mind" and dudes would throw money from the 2nd tier. :blessed:

i was there when Lebron was there in like 2005.

Remember that Reggae room in the basement like area? Nasty and dark!!! :shaq:
Lmaooo aye go head slim that lil ass hot box .

Tiny ass room but goodness played the best music and the hoes be dancing like shyt .

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Young I was there that day seeing a nikka run down the street with blood all over his hands .

Gwop and Mambo Sauce were DC's best chances of gogo going national. The sound was cleaner and they made original music. With that said if we keepin it real the hoods was not fukking with they shyt like that (as far as younger nikkas that'd want to get their hood stamped in gogos and shyt)

Daps
when you was getting jacked for your Eddie Bauer coats in the mid to late 90's, especially them oxon hill nikkas
K12
P12 if you rode the bus you already know
Glassmanor vs Indian Queen
Goodman Games
when ole girl that was on Dippas drove thru Unifest