Prototype SFV looks better than the Final version

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sfv-early-concepts-march2016-2.jpg

Might be super late, but they were going for a realistic build, Mortal Kombat styled evolution for the series in terms of looks :francis:

Probably would enjoyed this more

That's look nice as fukk. I wish they would have gone with this version

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Yeah this was talked bout early when sfv was officially released. Not horrible, but I prefer the more unrealistic style when it comes to Street Fighter. The more realistic look doesn’t always work. Overall the SF designs are more unique and memorial than something like Tekken. Not knocking the Tekken designs, but shyt can get boring at times.

And people who claim there isn’t much graphical difference between SF4 and SFV don’t know what their talking about lol.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
^

I honestly don’t get how someone could look at sfv and think “nah this doesn’t look good, let’s make it dark and edgy” You’d lose so much of sf’s fun and charm with that style. Id think that prototype was cool if I was 13.

Last edited:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

A (more realistic) SFV would look bad imo.
They purposefully give them comical hand and feet sizes to accentuate the contact (this has been stated over and over again).
Also, Just like NRS and others have proven, the women tned to look like shyt in games like this.

So they normally have the men look realistic while the women look like higher polygon models with their anime features (see tekken/DoA)

Its a bad mix and ends up looking out of place.

And if you don't know who Menat is you probably don't play SFV :yeshrug:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
A (more realistic) SFV would look bad imo.
They purposefully give them comical hand and feet sizes to accentuate the contact (this has been stated over and over again).
Also, Just like NRS and others have proven, the women tned to look like shyt in games like this.

So they normally have the men look realistic while the women look like higher polygon models with their anime features (see tekken/DoA)

Its a bad mix and ends up looking out of place.

And if you don't know who Menat is you probably don't play SFV :yeshrug:

I know who menat is, i put question mark because your comment was out of place and seemed irrelevant

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I know who menat is, i put question mark because your comment was out of place and seemed irrelevant

He's saying the design of Menat is appealing/impressive, which is true. The art style/design of SFV is actually really good in most places, especially the nuances in animations. The only sore spots are Ken's face and the gfx clipping (they really could/should fix, but they won't).

I definitely am glad they didn't go with the prototype, as it looked too similar to other 3D fighters, thus seeming derivative.

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Daps
He's saying the design of Menat is appealing/impressive, which is true. The art style/design of SFV is actually really good in most places, especially the nuances in animations. The only sore spots are Ken's face and the gfx clipping (they really could/should fix, but they won't).

I definitely am glad they didn't go with the prototype, as it looked too similar to other 3D fighters, this seeming derivative.

Menat is pretty much Rose.

His comment still had nothing to do with the prototype image in the OP

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Menat is pretty much Rose.

1. Part of the point, all things considered.
2. Still as different from Rose as she is akin to her, so you in the wrong being as dismissive about it in that way.

That's like saying Akuma is pretty much Ryu.

Also, the comment was regarding her visual design anyway, not her gameplay style, so...:francis: Which which went into tandem to your POV regarding the game's visual design that everyone had been commenting on, lol.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In a more realistic game, characters like her would look like trash or out of place.

I'm glad they didn't go with this art direction because it would have made female characters look awkward

Kairi Irving

Daps
1. Part of the point, all things considered.
2. Still as different from Rose as she is akin to her, so you in the wrong being as dismissive about it in that way.

That's like saying Akuma is pretty much Ryu.

Also, the comment was regarding her visual design anyway, not her gameplay style, so...:francis: Which which went into tandem to your POV regarding the game's visual design that everyone had been commenting on, lol.

??? ken, Ryu, Akuma has always been the same which is why they're shotos.

But i digress, i could dive deeper into those topics but i just don't give a fukk about it right now.

This is my thread, and its about SF5 Prototype and the final version gameplay and looks. Dont bring random shyt into the fray like "Menat"

Its like ....."ok..... "

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
??? ken, Ryu, Akuma has always been the same which is why they're shotos.

But i digress, i could dive deeper into those topics but i just don't give a fukk about it right now.

This is my thread, and its about SF5 Prototype and the final version gameplay and looks. Dont bring random shyt into the fray like "Menat"

Its like ....."ok..... "

And? What you think that they were going to be the only similar characters ever in the series, lol? Many games and other entertainment mediums do this often. Point is tho, she's still beyond just her archetype anyway, so pointing out a piece of the obvious considering her origins is a moot point to begin with.

And once again, he brought her up due to the comments about the graphic/art style of the game, which is what your opening post was in part about and the convo of the thread went deeper into that direction. So it wasn't really that random.

Kairi Irving

Daps
And? What you think that they were going to be the only similar characters ever in the series, lol?

And once again, he brought her up due to the comments about the graphic/art style of the game, which is what your opening post .

I obviously said i could go further about the shotos and other similar characters but this thread isn't focused on that.

Enjoy SF5 though, it was dumbed down gameplay wise for the enjoyment of casuals.