Prototype SFV looks better than the Final version

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Yo, is there any reason why they went in a different direction in the games development?

Idk guess it just was an idea that got scrapped

Looks like Arikas new game a little

But the character redesigns are nice as hell though, i seen more

Kairi Irving

Daps
It doesn't. The lighting is different along with physics acting on the chars. It's not leaps and bounds better than 4, but it's enjoyable. Hyper realism isn't needed here

When 5 gameplay was released i was underwhelmed. I expected a huge leap from IV to V, i mean 4 came out in 08, Super and the extra versions added tiny bits into the game. Then in 2016 we pretty much got the same damn game with v triggers. It looks slightly better.

Kairi Irving

Daps
sfv-early-concepts-march2016.jpg

23_art-direction01.jpg

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
When 5 gameplay was released i was underwhelmed. I expected a huge leap from IV to V, i mean 4 came out in 08, Super and the extra versions added tiny bits into the game. Then in 2016 we pretty much got the same damn game with v triggers. It looks slightly better.
I initially felt the same way, but then as I played I noticed a much more detailed background, the lighting, and the physics. I've also been told it looks better on PC, but I haven't verified that

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Idk guess it just was an idea that got scrapped

Looks like Arikas new game a little

But the character redesigns are nice as hell though, i seen more
Indeed the designs look better.

(Note: off topic but on SF) One thing I hate about Capcom is they keep on milking on editions, the only time they did it right, in my opinion, is the 3 series. The story's of street fighter confuse me, SFIV and SFV is before the SF3 series which is set 1999 that would mean SFIV and SFV is set to mid to late 90'. The technology in the story does not fit the time frame at all.

Kairi Irving

Daps
Indeed the designs look better.

(Note: off topic but on SF) One thing I hate about Capcom is they keep on milking on editions, the only time they did it right, in my opinion, is the 3 series. The story's of street fighter confuse me, SFIV and SFV is before the SF3 series which is set 1999 that would mean SFIV and SFV is set to mid to late 90'. The technology in the story does not fit the time frame at all.

I agree

I feel like SF being a video game kinda confused the creators on where to take it, lets say Street Fighter started off as an anime like DBZ, DBGT, DBS

It'd be more structured, but it's whatever i figured out the wierd chronological order of SF lol

Kairi Irving

Daps
LOL how long will they keep doing the same "Street Fightery" things LOL

This would've been the Mortal Kombat (2011) of SF, or a soul successor to EX and it probably would've ressurected the franchise

But this is why i stopped caring about SF recently they give no fukks about it at this point lol

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I agree

I feel like SF being a video game kinda confused the creators on where to take it, lets say Street Fighter started off as an anime like DBZ, DBGT, DBS

It'd be more structured, but it's whatever i figured out the wierd chronological order of SF lol
LOL even KOF have an organized order of the story, however, the character's seem to age slowly and for some reason, Geese, Mature, and vice always appear in the series even though they're supposed to be dead. The good thing is the recent KOF stated that mature and Vice are ghosts that can manifest in human form.

Kairi Irving

Daps
LOL even KOF have an organized order of the story, however, the character's seem to age slowly and for some reason, Geese, Mature, and vice always appear in the series even though they're supposed to be dead. The good thing is the recent KOF stated that mature and Vice are ghosts that can manifest in human form.

I kinda understand why they don't want them to age, because in SF Ryu, Ken, Chun Li etc are people you just don't want to die or dissapear, in Tekken i feel like anything happens in their story same with MK, in SFV we see capcom is trying to slowly redesign characters for the first time. Ken and Akuma redesigns suck though

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
This would've been the Mortal Kombat (2011) of SF, or a soul successor to EX and it probably would've ressurected the franchise

But this is why i stopped caring about SF recently they give no fukks about it at this point lol

Same here I've stopped caring about SF myself recently. But Capcom has been dropping the ball with their damn game's such as MVC, Re series(Except for RE7 and Revelations 1 and 2) I hope they get their heads out of their asses soon.