Prototype SFV looks better than the Final version

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I kinda understand why they don't want them to age, because in SF Ryu, Ken, Chun Li etc are people you just don't want to die or dissapear, in Tekken i feel like anything happens in their story same with MK, in SFV we see capcom is trying to slowly redesign characters for the first time. Ken and Akuma redesigns suck though
Ken's redesign looks like a rip-off of Paul's option 2 costume from Tekken 4, Akuma looks like a court jester.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
sfv-early-concepts-march2016-2.jpg

Might be super late, but they were going for a realistic build, Mortal Kombat styled evolution for the series in terms of looks :francis:

Probably would enjoyed this more

Fuuuuukkk no that shyt is hideous, street fighter was never known for hyper realism. Everything about their art style is to highlight the animation and to convey weight to moves.

Also NO, the graphics are not hyped up versions of SF4. Those are brand new models , new shaders, and engine. The goal was to have a clay based style, which they succeeded in doing.

Every game has their own style let them do them. If they listened to the fans for everything we'd be playing Cel Shaded Mugen.

llt23

All Star
Daps

First actual reveal trailer. This is what actually bothered me. I timestamped it. Here Ryu's down MK is longer, in the final build it was a stub with 0 reach. So there was a legit effort to kill footsies somewhere in the development. They wanted to make it casual friendly. Turns out casuals dont give a fukk what you do to make it easier.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Fuuuuukkk no that shyt is hideous, street fighter was never known for hyper realism. Everything about their art style is to highlight the animation and to convey weight to moves.

Also NO, the graphics are not hyped up versions of SF4. Those are brand new models , new shaders, and engine. The goal was to have a clay based style, which they succeeded in doing.

Every game has their own style let them do them. If they listened to the fans for everything we'd be playing Cel Shaded Mugen.

Act like we don't know SF is about 2D-cellshaded graphics
Im not sure if you just arrived on the SF scene in the 2000s or something but looking at the state of SF now is trash. If you can't see that, you obviously won't like this thread.

Oh yeah btw they are listening to fans who don't know shyt because every game motherfukkers asking capcom to bring back the same 15 characters we had in the last game :dahell: i bet you were one of them who were hyped for some old ass character to come back from SF4

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Daps

First actual reveal trailer. This is what actually bothered me. I timestamped it. Here Ryu's down MK is longer, in the final build it was a stub with 0 reach. So there was a legit effort to kill footsies somewhere in the development. They wanted to make it casual friendly. Turns out casuals dont give a fukk what you do to make it easier.

Another thing that killed the game besides the "look"

Anyone that claims SF5 doesn't look like IV is delusional.

8 years on a new game and they still didn't make the leap or a change . But capcom listened to the idiots who think "change is bad" and then look what happened?

Which is why we got pretty much the same roster from IV and some bland ass new characters they won't bring back in SF6

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Daps
You must be blind. Get that king of fighters looking bullshyt out of here.

nikkas getting wet because Ryu has a bare chest

:hhh:

That looks like trash, what are you talking about lol.

Ever took a moment to realize it was unfinished idea?

Hate to see you guys opinions on other obvious unfinished games

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Act like we don't know SF is about 2D-cellshaded graphics
Im not sure if you just arrived on the SF scene in the 2000s or something but looking at the state of SF now is trash. If you can't see that, you obviously won't like this thread.

Oh yeah btw they are listening to fans who don't know shyt because every game motherfukkers asking capcom to bring back the same 15 characters we had in the last game :dahell: i bet you were one of them who were hyped for some old ass character to come back from SF4

FOH, with that elistist SF attitude, I was importing X-men vs Street fighter for sega saturn and hot swapping meg carts. I was in these skreets.

I can appreciate when capcom does something new with street fighter franchise. If you think it's trash that's your opinion. I hated 4 from the art style to the mechanics to the characters. 5 has the best newcomers since New Generation and all of season 2's characters were well executed.

I'm hyped for AE, and season 3, but you go be a bitter old man talmbout back in my day SF2 had fundamental where you could dizzy an opponent in one combo.

Live and Let Die bruh............

Kairi Irving

Daps
I can appreciate when capcom does something new with street fighter franchise. If you think it's trash that's your opinion. I hated 4 from the art style to the mechanics to the characters. 5 has the best newcomers since New Generation

Live and Let Die bruh............

Lmao now you're backtracking

But you wouldn't have accepted this if it went in the prototype direction

Your a fool and an obvious elitist.

5 has the best new comers since new generation :Jordan_lmaoo:

It's easy to point you guys out they always throw in SF3 as if it was the savior but little did they know it flopped terribly in reality :eddy_Murphy:

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
Ever took a moment to realize it was unfinished idea?

Hate to see you guys opinions on other obvious unfinished games

nikka you was the one comparing the prototype to the final product.

It looked shyt. If that's what you want from the franchise, you should drop it and play something like KOF and tekken, where those designs would fit in.

Kairi Irving

Daps
nikka you was the one comparing the prototype to the final product.

It looked shyt. If that's what you want from the franchise, you should drop it and play something like KOF and tekken, where those designs would fit in.

It looks different from the final product and more refreshing which Is why if it was finished it'd be leagues above SF4.5

Nikkas like you is why SF will continue to fall off

"Bring in new characters capcom!!1! :damn:"

"No wait we need Dhalsim, Sagat, Gief, Ibuki, Guile in like 5 more sequels! 1! "

At this rate we will never progress pass SF3s storyline.

Enjoy SF4.5 i guess.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Lmao now you're backtracking

But you wouldn't have accepted this if it went in the prototype direction

Your a fool and an obvious elitist.

5 has the best new comers since new generation :Jordan_lmaoo:

It's easy to point you guys out they always throw in SF3 as if it was the savior but little did they know it flopped terribly in reality :eddy_Murphy:

I see where this is going, continue your with circle jerk old man.

giphy.gif

I'm out.