proof hip hop is dead now

MasterThought

Superstar
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
H.I.P.H.O.P supposedly stands for Higher Infinite Power Healing Our People.......that's so embarrassingly laughable :mjlol:

Hip-hop/rap music has now been reduced to spiritual and mental poison.

Hiphop is now an artform being used to pipeline as many black folk to the prison system as possible:

Real hiphop is dead and if your counterargument is "bu bu but it's thriving in the underground"....you've proved our point. Once upon a time real hip-hop and positive/conscious hip-hop could be heard in the mainstream.

We as a people need hiphop up here with us receiving sunshine....not deep underground near the earths core with the worms. It can't "HEAL OUR PEOPLE" if it's buried underground.

I personally wouldn't shed a single tear if it died overnight....in fact I would throw a party.

It's killing black people spiritually and mentally.

It's pure poison now.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
But rap was on the rapid comeup back in 94 with countless rap artists coming for worldwide fame.

Now, these rappers can't put on a show and those trap beats/ autotune can't hold the attention of the young heads that eerily brag about them. You saw the Grammys last year, the 50th Anniversary of Hip Hop? Once it went to the Trap era, the audience tuned out and the performances were WEAK.

Was the best experiment ever. I laughed my ass off at the first trap dude that tried to follow the classics.

The wind sucked out of the room instantly and never came back.

Depends on your POV and how u feeling...

I'd rather a rapper rap about the good and bad side of the streets, than to fak3 it and rap about everything like it's Peaches and Cream.

For me the problem is: it's 100% negative shyt. The streets is rough, but what's life even worth of there's zero fun. No love. Only war.

Hip Hop was at its best when you had Kid N Play, PE, Latifah, Biz Markie, mad different types of styles and points of view.

Now it's ALL Lil Felony, Lil Pistol, Lil Scammer and Lil Shooter.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
:russ: At you thinking rap was the number 1 genre for youth in 1994 when grunge existed. 30 years ago was the last time rap didn’t have a rap song go number 1 all year

I think the concern here is towards Black society :mjtf:
Everybody else will be just fine. :mjlol:

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
2024 is when you REALLY gonna see the rapid decline. Once Rap loses the youth's attention and interests for other genres like Afrobeats, it's only a short matter of time before the record labels gonna pull the plug on their rap subdivisions.

I don't agree wit this. Although da culture is in the fukkin gutter right now...:martin:

There's still something "special" that will ONLY come out the streets, the trenches, the hood...whatever you wanna call it. That flower, that somehow manages to rise from the crevices of a concrete crack. It's somethin organic, and somethin (or someone), who could only come to fruition, out of that environment. Right now, we're seeing inorganic shyt thrust upon us, mostly from cacs at the top.:yeshrug:

We maybe in a drought right now, and the wrong shyt getting recognized. But we're wayyyyyyyy too talented as a ppl, not to produce another Jay-Z, Pop Smoke, Pac, 50, ETC. Who is talented enough, skilled enough, and charismatic enough to reinvigorate the sound, and influence music. I refuse to believe THAT across the US. And it only takes ONE, to have those cacs at these labels chasing the next one, which will have rap back in a favorable position.

The 50s, Chief Keefs, Pop Smokes, Wu-Tang Clans, etc came outta NOWHERE. That can still happen.

Last edited:

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Was the best experiment ever. I laughed my ass off at the first trap dude that tried to follow the classics.

The wind sucked out of the room instantly and never came back.

For me the problem is: it's 100% negative shyt. The streets is rough, but what's life even worth of there's zero fun. No love. Only war.

Hip Hop was at its best when you had Kid N Play, PE, Latifah, Biz Markie, mad different types of styles and points of view.

Now it's ALL Lil Felony, Lil Pistol, Lil Scammer and Lil Shooter.

Yup...

We need more fun music. If we can get back to the snap, we'll be good.

No one can say that we didn't have fun back then.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
full

Op just mad that no girl ever called him the fart.​

Nagarjuna

All Star
Daps
Hip hop today just seems like a caricature of its former self. shyt is just lazy, copy and paste, no thought

Violence and sexualization have been apart of the genre for a long time. However now it just overly gratuitous at the expense of making good music.

Also, I think these artists are just legit dumber. Like take a 21 year old artist from two decades ago and one from today and listen to them speak in interviews. It's like night and day