Prometheus 2 aka Alien: Covenant (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm glad I skipped it, it looked stupid ASF...:mjlol: these people always making dumb decisions during the horror movies man...

But here’s the thing. I don’t mind dumb decisions being made during a horror movie because the people involved don’t know they’re in a horror movie.

What I do mind is characters being written inconsistently. If you’re smart in act 1 you can’t be dumb in act 2 and then completely inept in act 3. That’s how he constructed both of these movies. Very smart people making increasingly dumb decisions and it just doesn’t add up.

If you look at the first alien and aliens, movies about blue collar workers and soldiers, they contemplate the decisions. There’s always someone saying “nah I don’t think we should do this because it’s not the mission” and someone else saying “fukk the mission because the people employing us suck” or they’re soldiers being sent in to do a job and they’re ambushed. But when you have scientists doing things like touching foreign organisms without gloves? Shenanigans. When you have scientists, or anyone for that matter, popping a squat on a foreign planet and showing their entire ass in the process, shenanigans.

Ridley has made two movies that don’t hold up against their own internal logic. That’s why “this fukking movie”

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
But here’s the thing. I don’t mind dumb decisions being made during a horror movie because the people involved don’t know they’re in a horror movie.

What I do mind is characters being written inconsistently. If you’re smart in act 1 you can’t be dumb in act 2 and then completely inept in act 3. That’s how he constructed both of these movies. Very smart people making increasingly dumb decisions and it just doesn’t add up.

If you look at the first alien and aliens, movies about blue collar workers and soldiers, they contemplate the decisions. There’s always someone saying “nah I don’t think we should do this because it’s not the mission” and someone else saying “fukk the mission because the people employing us suck” or they’re soldiers being sent in to do a job and they’re ambushed. But when you have scientists doing things like touching foreign organisms without gloves? Shenanigans. When you have scientists, or anyone for that matter, popping a squat on a foreign planet and showing their entire ass in the process, shenanigans.

Ridley has made two movies that don’t hold up against their own internal logic. That’s why “this fukking movie”
ALL OF THIS.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

That's why Alien and ALIENS are badass because not only because of the suspense & action it's because the characters are written like real people not doing dumb shyt constantly...:ld: The only thing that vexes me is that they should have killed burke the minute they found out he was sabotaging the whole thing trying to use the aliens as bioweapons should have just smoked his ass...:hhh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
That's why Alien and ALIENS are badass because not only because of the suspense & action it's because the characters are written like real people not doing dumb shyt constantly...:ld: The only thing that vexes me is that they should have killed burke the minute they found out he was sabotaging the whole thing trying to use the aliens as bioweapons should have just smoked his ass...:hhh:

Speaking of Burke, I saw this

Question for y'all...Is there a fate in horror movies, space horror movies, that is worse than being coc00ned like that?

How long do y'all think a person lasts in a coc00n and how painful do y'all think it is?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

But see even then, soldiers wouldn’t do that. They’re marines; they’re not going to kill a civilian even if he’s duplicitous. That gets back to the whole thing about following orders

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I like these movies, but I acknowledge that the criticisms are valid. Ridley Scott is still trying to get the sequel greenlit, hope it happens.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Theres been some rumors in recent months that its happening, but you never know.

Yeah heard that he was on the lot talking to them. Also heard they’re interested in whatever die hard pitch they’re hearing. It’s going to be a weird few months until they sort out this whole process

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I minded it in this and Prometheus because these people were supposed to be scientists/explorers/experts in their fields yet they behaved like a bunch of dumb big tittied bimbos in a slasher movie.
To have them behave so stupidly was just pure laziness on the filmmakers part.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah heard that he was on the lot talking to them. Also heard they’re interested in whatever die hard pitch they’re hearing. It’s going to be a weird few months until they sort out this whole process
Should've just let Blomkamp handle the series
5kBDMWY.jpg

neill-blomkamp-alien-movie-700x302.jpg

aliens-concept-artjpg.jpeg

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
But see even then, soldiers wouldn’t do that. They’re marines; they’re not going to kill a civilian even if he’s duplicitous. That gets back to the whole thing about following orders

I know...:scust:

Ripley would probably have no qualms about doing it...:lolbron: MAYBE?????? :troll: Even hicks wanted to end him though...