Project Eve makes Bayonetta 3 look extremely dated

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Don’t cost movie budget for good graphics these days.

Lots of small indie studios have made some really good looking games on a small budget.

Switch is just an outdated piece of gaming hardware power-wise and it shows in the look/performance of games.

Nintendo makes bank off that overpriced hardware and software so they won’t change. But it’s not in the name of innovation or fun gameplay.

not every game only has "good graphics" that is a factor that goes into the cost of making the game as show by Halo infinite (what they were planning on going with before the delay) a game with a high budget that MS wanted on more platforms than just Series X.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
not every game only has "good graphics" that is a factor that goes into the cost of making the game as show by Halo infinite (what they were planning on going with before the delay) a game with a high budget that MS wanted on more platforms than just Series X.
It’s not even so much about “good graphics”

The hardware is so old that even smaller more stylish games struggle to run right.

Objectively a game like Bayonetta would be much better off if it wasn’t stuck trying to run the switch.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
It’s not even so much about “good graphics”

The hardware is so old that even smaller more stylish games struggle to run right.

Objectively a game like Bayonetta would be much better off if it wasn’t stuck trying to run the switch.

I don't disagree with frame rate stutters. but if the case was as you said, then the franchise wouldn't be at death's door off the first game. And we don't even know how the game will fully be fleshed out come release. it's due for next year.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't disagree with frame rate stutters. but if the case was as you said, then the franchise wouldn't be at death's door off the first game. And we don't even know how the game will fully be fleshed out come release. it's due for next year.
I get the idea that Nintendo is funding the game, and that’s a good thing I guess. Otherwise the game probably wouldn’t exist.

I just wish Nintendo put some more power in their machine to bring it closer to 2021 graphics/performance expectations.

It’s jarring going from playing everything at 4K 60fps to sub 1080p with struggle framerates

Honestly makes me not even want to turn my switch on.:francis:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I get the idea that Nintendo is funding the game, and that’s a good thing I guess. Otherwise the game probably wouldn’t exist.

I just wish Nintendo put some more power in their machine to bring it closer to 2021 graphics/performance expectations.

It’s jarring going from playing everything at 4K 60fps to sub 1080p with struggle framerates

Honestly makes me not even want to turn my switch on.:francis:

breh, many people have already discussed the frames, even myself. We literally talk about these things in the actual Switch thread or the specific game thread. One of the ones we brought it up the most with was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a great game but had frame rate issues out the ass. My deal here is people comparing a device that is for sure weaker next gen, and not as strong as PS4 or Xbox1 and expecting them to look like a Forza or Halo or LOU or FF7 always has me like :dahell: yes we can make the argument on framerate, but good luck thinking that's what like 90 percent of people bought the switch for. There's a "pc is the best way to play nintnendo games) sure I can somewhat agree, but that just tells me there's also a big charm in Nintendo games that's making people want to play them that bad regardless the method.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
breh, many people have already discussed the frames, even myself. We literally talk about these things in the actual Switch thread or the specific game thread. One of the ones we brought it up the most with was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a great game but had frame rate issues out the ass. My deal here is people comparing a device that is for sure weaker next gen, and not as strong as PS4 or Xbox1 and expecting them to look like a Forza or Halo or LOU or FF7 always has me like :dahell: yes we can make the argument on framerate, but good luck thinking that's what like 90 percent of people bought the switch for. There's a "pc is the best way to play nintnendo games) sure I can somewhat agree, but that just tells me there's also a big charm in Nintendo games that's making people want to play them that bad regardless the method.
Nintendo riding off of Nostalgia/Pop culture.

After all these years Nintendo and their characters ARE gaming to a lot of people.

They can get away with a lot of fukkery cause people are gonna wanna play Mario regardless.

That’s why I bought mine. Saw those Mario and Zelda trailers and I just had to play them.

Knew what I was getting into with the weak hardware and expensive prices, but still did it:francis:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo riding off of Nostalgia/Pop culture.

After all these years Nintendo and their characters ARE gaming to a lot of people.

They can get away with a lot of fukkery cause people are gonna wanna play Mario regardless.

That’s why I bought mine. Saw those Mario and Zelda trailers and I just had to play them.

Knew what I was getting into with the weak hardware and expensive prices, but still did it:francis:

tbh I see that with a lot of the OG companies. but at the end of the day when I see things like "re master Melee" and "free MarvelvsCapcom2" I'm like

:manny: these games are just timeless I guess. but don't think even as a stan I'm not gonna agree and call out Nintendo on something like the mario collection and then seeing Mario 64 on Switch online (not necessarily the price for the collection, but the limited time offer for it, and that one of the games is on the online service now.)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Bayonetta sold 1.1m. That was good for a new IP. Platinum was developing Bayonetta 2 when Sega pulled funding for the game because they were in financial difficulty.

Sega then shopped the game to Sony and Microsoft both of whom passed on the game. Nintendo funded the Bayonetta 2 and the rest is history.

The PS3 version was a port done by Sega instead of Platinum hence it ran like shyt.
I don't understand what this has to do with my post.

Someone claimed that the game flopping on ps3 is the reason platinum had to be saved by Nintendo, but the game was shyt on ps3.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
They’re the same price

ps5 charging extra for no reason when pc and xbox don't

giphy.gif

calling the gamepass users brokeboys

giphy.gif

Nintendo releasing a new game for the same price new games have released for over 10 years now.

:picard::picard::picard::picard: