Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Daps
It's been hours after hearing the news and I'm still speechless and shocked.

I've always been a huge fan of Mobb Deep ever since I first got into hip-hop. I still remember "Shook Ones Pt. 2" being one of my rap songs and it completely blew me away as a young kid. Ever since then, I've been listening to Mobb Deep constantly.

Prodigy is easily one of my all-time favorite emcees. The Infamous and Hell on Earth are easily two of my all-time favorite albums EVER.

I don't even know what else to say about this; no words will do this justice.

Rest In Peace, Prodigy. We'll miss you.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Uncles got it, had the kidney complications but thankfully got that transplant in time! TBH nobody in the family thought he'd reach 50
All about managing it but sickle cell can and will get you when you least expect it unfortunately.

Rip to your Uncs lived a long time considering the average age is like 46!
Yep, my dad's other brother died at 16 from it, so he definitely beat the odds.
Its a terrible disease.
My condolences to Prodigy's family and loved ones.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I will never forget that track. My every hour that passes, is guaranteed packed Cause the hour that's gone, ain't never coming back"

:mjcry::mjcry:
Yup, that's the one I would just rewind all the damn time.

Too many verses, that one on Street Life is just powerful picture painting.

This one always gives me a good laugh though, dude was foul sometimes haha

This is um, Slice-Twice from way way back.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
"Ayo, I break bread, ribs, hundred dollar bills
Peel on Ducatis and other four wheels
Write a book full of medicine and generate mills"

full

If you don't know those first few bars by heart, you ain't a Mobb/ P fan :wow:

Nah if u don't know then u ain't a hip-hop fan period :wow:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I break bread, ribs, $100 bills...peel on Ducati’s and other four wheels.

Damn...

This shyt is up there with Michael Jackson for me. No hyperbole at all. I grew up with Billy Jean replays as much as I grew up with that Infamous album we stole from Sam Goody when my cuz Miz sliced open the packaging and slid the CD out. When I finally got a copy of my own I used to lie to bytches that I was on the back of that album. There was a nikka on there who looked just like 13 year old me.

I remember being in Atlanta when Quiet Storm first dropped and I made the DJ play it and I wilded out on the dance floor alone while nikkas from the A stood still and booed. I remember bringing a copy of the Quiet Storm remix on MP3 to a party and everyone wildin out on it. I remember wanting to like Murda Muzik more than I did. Checking out for Ps solo album. Always giving the Mobb a chance whenever they dropped something new.

fukk. Nikkas is getting old.

RIP P

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I cried real tears tryna rap his verse word 4 word on shook ones... Couldnt finish it... Just bought my Hennessy 4 tonight and P drinking 1st

I’m only 19 but my mind is older....

I remember rapping those lines and wishing I was 19 at the time. I literally couldn’t wait until I was 19 to be able to rap those words.