Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Daps
Bro...since my daughter's passing, I always had a tough time listening to this song. Prodigy spelled out my daughter's pain for me in vivid detail that Prodigy, one of the most gifted MC's I've heard in my 40 plus years of listening to hip hop, could only do.

Living life with a disease that attacked them by no fault of their own. But I always left this song feeling that my daughter was the complete opposite of Prodigy who with pen to pad said that he allowed the pain of sickle cell to negatively color how he saw the world. Thankfully, my daughter never allowed her disease to take away her joy.

We all handle pain differently...and to hear that he's succumbed to the disease....

I'm tearing up bro....

Damn fam I'm sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the pain... rip to your little angel and bless up, stay strong in these times.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Man I haven't posted in the hop hop section since the SOHH days, Hot 97 doing a sloppy ass tribute to Prodigy right now (haven't listened to Hot 97 in even longer). Their tribute mix lasted all of 8 minutes. Flex still on there?

Being exposed to what hip hop has devolved too now after that tribute is nothing short of embarrassing.

Totally unproductive at work as soon as I saw the news, went down the rabbit hole of RIP's from the old heads and forum reactions. Being transported back to handball courts, riding with my friends to get into neighborhood scuffles, parties, DJing at House Partirs. Wtf.

My favorite track, even though it's probably forgotten, buried under all the other gems.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Not to be funny but god going be looking at him about that pearly gate diss
That verse was the hardest shyt of all time.
I felt the pain in P's voice on that one.
I go through those motions and as a mortal man I feel that struggle
P got alot of heat for that, but that shyt was dope.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Basically your red blood cell shape is different so they don't hold enough oxygen( normally a circular shape, in sickle cell the RBC is a sickle shape) . Then that lack of oxygen is what caused the crisis
fukking cruel man.

He used to drink and smoke and treat himself poorly and yet he lived.

Then he cut out the drinking and started lifting weights and eating clean and now he's dead.

It's a cold world. Hold your loved ones tight friends. Tell everyone you love that you love them while they're here