Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu

Classic classic song. One of the best songs ever from 2 of the best rappers ever, by one of the best producer's ever, on an album with one of the worst cover arts of all time.

:wow:

No lie. Whenever I look up 1st Infantry songs on youtube, I always click on the ones that don't have the thumbnail of the album cover.

Evidence has clowned Al so many times for that outfit on the cover too.

To tie it to the thread, he also talks about Prodigy and that Tick Tock joint. Skip to 21:48 if my time code doesn't work.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Same here thunn!

Nice post. Sid Roams (Bravo and Joey Chavez) had so much work with P and Mobb that is underrated IMO. I feel selfish saying this so soon, but I do think that we will get a LOT of unreleased Prodigy and Mobb music coming down the pipe. besides Pac, or maybe even moreso, I can't think of anyone that has as much unreleased material.

I think only Nas comes close as far as the size of their unreleased catalog, Pac was probably close like 10 years ago, but we haven't seen much more of his stuff surface for obvious reasons. I might have to give Mobb the nod over Nas though for the simple fact that I STILL find myself stumbling on old Mobb shyt I never heard.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
This was another solid one. Underrated album in general. More cohesive arguably than anything this side of 2000, although the highs weren't as high as the best songs on Amerikka's Nightmare. I gotta listen to Free Agents again too.

This was my favorite track on that album. P's verse was dope. Shame I can't find it anywhere now.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
I wanna say a HUGE heartfelt thank you for ya posting rare Mobb Deep interviews/concerts/music, remixes, classic songs. I'm just flabbergasted at how much Mobb stuff I NEVER heard!!!!

:ohhh:
A lot of the visual content that P left behind the last few years is gonna be considered classic material I think

It sucks that it takes someone not being here anymore for that to happen but it is what it is

P was sick with the visuals man

Definitely ahead of his time

Wish he woulda got the chance to make more movies

A deal with Netflix or something woulda been crazy

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
A lot of the visual content that P left behind the last few years is gonna be considered classic material I think

It sucks that it takes someone not being here anymore for that to happen but it is what it is

P was sick with the visuals man

Definitely ahead of his time

Wish he woulda got the chance to make more movies

A deal with Netflix or something woulda been crazy
He was getting into some other shyt too. I wish we could've seen where all of the cooking and the musical stuff went.