Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Yup. They even had him spitting some of his rhymes in Spanish.
Nah that was some technology company that he was working that made some software that translates your lyrics into other languages using ur voice or what sounds like ur voice I guess

Prodigy thought it was gonna be the next big thing but I guess it never caught on

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's multiple reasons. He also describes it in the book. During the recording of Infamy he started taking drugs, alcohol again. This polluted his mind. His spirituality wasn't right.

Another thing is that he wanted to go independent during the release of HNIC. He hated Steve Rifkind for selling Loud Records to Sony in 1999 (just before Murda Muzik release in August). Loud wasn't the same anymore (went from like 30 people to 400 and Steve Rifkind wasn't really in charge anymore) and Prodigy realized the real paper is made when you're independent. But Infamy was still part of their contract with Loud. So he had to do Infamy against his will it seems. So I guess an artist like P has to be fully behind a project otherwise he's lacking in his music ability. You can hear that on Infamy. Also the beef with Jay-Z didn't help because now he's dissing Jay-Z on half the album instead of dedicating one diss track. A lot of things that add up in Prodigy not being fully P on that Infamy Album.

Plus in an interview from just 3 months ago (by Quest on Pandora) he mentioned he had beef with real street dudes and he was armed and ready all the time. He described that this mentality polluted his mind and was on of the things why he started using drugs, alcohol again.

Edit: He also was working on Murda Muzik the Movie during this time period. That director Lawrence Page pulled out a gun on P and demanded more money. This resulted in shelving the Movie. P was mad as hell about that and this resulted in him taking drugs and alcohol again
(stress results in old systems/habits creeping in again trying to take control)

Gotcha

Because it's crazy and I always wondered how dude for 6 or 7 years was amazing and on the top of anyone's list then for the next 15 except for a few shining moments here and there sounded extremely lethargic and uninspired on most tracks

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
27xi17d.jpg

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Listening to Havoc's solos (with Alchemist/Kush) right now.

The Mobb/P/Hav catalog if you also include their features/ mixtapes/ unreleased/ soundtracks etc is SERIOUS.

Like, they're way up there when it comes to sheer volume of ill music. I never slept on P but these Hav albums I slept on like a muthafukka, I didn't think he could be interesting without P.

That Alc album is ILL and Kush is dope as fukk too. Got the rest loaded up on Tidal.