Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I just came home from vacation, I was in Cali, but up in SF/East Bay. I try to disconnect a little, I still got the texts, but I couldn't fully show respect by playing non stop Prodigy, it just wasn't the feeling I was in, I'll be playing all my Mobb/P, and try to write a little tribute piece, I'm still not fully processed, I was on some PartyNextDoor, Blood Orange, a little distance from the grimy street raps when I am traveling.

I've been listening to P since 98/99, that's basically 20 years, dude was always a favorite, and I'm an alcoholic/addict, those bars in "Quiet Storm", were raw and real back in 99, but when I got clean I really felt them, the way he truly intended.

"spent too many nights sniffing coke, wasting my life, now I'm tryina make things right...."

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
not sure if posted

Damn for one, all those dudes are short, and two nice to see real everyday people paying respect.

When I was younger, being from Long Island I wondered what does Mobb Deep sound like to someone from the south or Midwest. Do people ride through LA and pump the infamous, something that is so drastically different than the music they would normally listen to? What did that sound like to them?

Part of my question was answered with his death, a lot of people outside of NY knew P

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
Damn for one, all those dudes are short, and two nice to see real everyday people paying respect.

When I was younger, being from Long Island I wondered what does Mobb Deep sound like to someone from the south or Midwest. Do people ride through LA and pump the infamous, something that is so drastically different than the music they would normally listen to? What did that sound like to them?

Part of my question was answered with his death, a lot of people outside of NY knew P
Nah piif was in that video (dude that said he believed everything that came out of P's mouth) and he pretty tall

Good to see Kashdro in the video too

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
how are we ranking p solo albums then brehs?

1 HNIC

how do the rest rank up?

Made a thread about it a while back concerning his Last Album
Where do you rank Prodigy's Hegelian Dialectic compared to his solo albums?

This is my ranking:

1. H.N.I.C
2. Return of the Mac
3. H.N.I.C 2
4. Hegelian Dialectic (the book of revelation)
5. Albert Einstein

6. Young Rolling Stonerz
7. Product of the 80's
8. Bumpy Johnson
9. H.N.I.C 3

The bold albums switch. One day I feel Albert Einstein is better the other day I say Hegelian Dialectic is better