• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
People can be so insensitive sometimes especially on social media. "Why didn't they perform, where's Quiet Storm". The man died 5 days ago, clearly Hav is still in mourning, The last thing they are thinking about is performing. When MJ died, Janet came to the BET awards and gave a statement. People did the same thing then, "Why isn't she doing Scream".

Can we understand that Life is much more important than some last minute performance or your personal entertainment? Let them mourn. Yes everyone would of loved to hear "Quiet Storm" but this isn't the time. Hav just lost his brother that he's been with almost 3 decades. Also shout to K Dot for turning his speech to a Prodigy tribute. I feel horrible for Hav, He's going to have to find a way to keep pushing and keep Mobb's legacy going.

It's these new school niccaz man, to them P died like months ago by now and they already need their next fix (hence a thread asking why nobody's talking about some new Drake song).

When they do a proper tribute 6 months-a year from now these same niccaz will have moved on and the thread dedicated to that tribute will be off page 1 within 48 hours.

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
i just got hold of that hnic mixtape, 23 tracks of untitled tracks. its a nightmare to tag as most copies have 22 tracks where mine has 23

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Prodigy's close friends, including his Mobb Deep partner, Havoc, Lil Kim and Busta Rhymes got together to pay their respects at a post-BET Awards event. Fat Joe and Remy Ma were also out Sunday night at the Palm Restaurant ... where they all signed a photo of Prodigy, and shared stories about their pal. Lil Kim didn't seem the least bit concerned about being a "person of interest" in an armed robbery. She and Havoc presented during the awards and paid homage to Prodigy.
Prodigy Honored at BET Party

Mobb Deep’s Prodigy Remembered by Lil’ Kim, Busta Rhymes, Steve Rifkind at Post-BET Awards Toast

Variety Staff
Follow Us on Twitter@Variety
busta-rhymes-lil-kim.jpg

COURTESY OF FYI BRAND COMMUNICATIONS
JUNE 26, 2017 | 09:28PM PT

Hours after a touching on-air tribute to Mobb Deep’s Albert “Prodigy” Johnson at the BET Awards, hip-hop stars past and present gathered to remember the influential artist.

Loud Records Founder and WAV principal Steve Rifkind cohosted the event — and led a toast in Prodigy’s honor — with Havoc of Mobb Deep at the Palm Restaurant in downtown Los Angeles on June 25. Among those in attendance were: Lil’ Kim, Fat Joe, Remy Ma, Xzibit, Busta Rhymes, Papoose, LeToya Luckett, and Stretch Armstrong.

RELATED

17th Annual BET Awards Ceremony Stays Focused on Performances, New Edition Tribute

Along with his musical partner Havoc, Prodigy was a leading light of the hardcore hip-hop sound of the 1990s, and Mobb Deep’s 1995 album “The Infamous” — with its raw depictions of inner city life — was instrumental in returning New York City to the hip-hop vanguard after years of dominance from upstarts on the West Coast.

Last edited: