Prodigy of Mobb Deep dead at 42

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I'm just going to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Most of us that have grown up on Mobb Deep from the very beginning and have been Prodigy fanatics knew this day would eventually come - even if it was buried deep in the back of our mind. Pee know this day would come too.
I'm at peace with his passing and am appreciative of the time that he did have with us. I'm appreciative of the legacy he built. I'm appreciative of the music, the art, and the lessons that he left us with. I'm celebrating that man's life because he lived it to the fullest. I'm not sad about this at all. I'm grateful for what he did with his time.

Last edited:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been a lot of love worldwide for P though, been a huge response.

It still feels surreal to me, felt fukked up over it, how shocking it was.

Apparently some said he died of suffocation even though he initially went in there for Sickle Cell.

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
I'm just going to acknowledge the elephant in the room. Most of us that have grown up on Mobb Deep from the very beginning and have been Prodigy fanatics knew this day would eventually come - even if it was buried deep in the back of our mind. Pee know this day would come too.
I'm at peace with his passing and am appreciative of the time that he did have with us. I'm appreciative of the legacy he built. I'm appreciative of the music, the art, and the lessons that he left us with. I'm celebrating that man's life because he lived it to the fullest. I'm not sad about this at all. I'm grateful for what he did with his time.

I won't lie, two times in the past 12 months, after phife died, I wondered "what if prodigy dies from this sickle cell shyt? Will people even remember him by the time that happens? Will he get the respect he deserves? Will I still be rocking forums in my 60's to know if he died?"

Sadly, I got all my questions answered much much sooner than I expected.

The out pouring of support for this dude, never in a million years did I expect it to play out the way it did. Tru Life, Keith Murray showing love? If Jay-Z simply types "RIP P" and nothing else I would be floored. I hope some artists make the trek out to, I guess Long Island? Is that where he lives? To send him off right, maybe a gathering in QB.