Pretentious Swag Rap Is The Worst Sub Genre Since Snap Music

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Point is, if you're dressing like a far out artsy person, your music better match it. OP really flew over a lot of peoples heads. And :snoop: at using Outkast as an example with the way they dressed, Outkast made their own lane so they could do what they want to do, ASAP and Wiz are not doing anything new. ASAP music is still enjoyable, can't quite say the same for Wiz though

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this music shiit serious huh.

i'll let next man worry about how musically great some rapper is or soul in certain music. how rappers present themselves pertaining to their music is not a focus for me. i'll let you ultra serious music cats handle that.

good luck in your efforts in policing rap music

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
sheep ass teens these days will wait for others reaction first (twitter,facebook,message boards) then if they see other people calling it good and jocking it they will gravitate to it and call it "art" cause they think thats the cool thing to do.now they fell victim of the false promotion cause the people that hype up these artist are internet lurkers working for the record labels.

be yourself people,use your own ears and decide if a rapper is really good.its not a bad thing to keep it true to yourself.stop following that crowd of undercover record label promoters posing as regular fans to know if a rapper can really rap or not.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tag team?
quad city djs?
uncle luke?

you had known club music/dance music acts!

biggie, pac, snoop, dre etc changed the game as they could do party and street! rappers had to be muilt-dimensional!

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
tag team?
quad city djs?
uncle luke?

you had known club music/dance music acts!

biggie, pac, snoop, dre etc changed the game as they could do party and street! rappers had to be muilt-dimensional!

No U mean rappers had to conform. Eric B for President and Childrens Story were bangin in the Clubs in the late 80s. Neither songs were made to fit a certain demo...they were just Hip Hop songs that people natually gravated to because they were great HIP HOP songs.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only in my late 20's.....but reminds me of that militant back to africa color and pendant mess in the early 90's. people was rocking it, but was still talking ignorant.

people dress aall artsy these days...but still talk ignorant. i seen it be4!

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only in my late 20's.....but reminds me of that militant back to africa color and pendant mess in the early 90's. people was rocking it, but was still talking ignorant.

people dress aall artsy these days...but still talk ignorant. i seen it be4!

malcom x caps!
negro league gear!

"increase the peace" being the motto.

it all looked cool. but n!ggas wasn't fully invested. But the awarness and the racial tension of the early 90's to stop being treated 2nd class and stop racial profiling did lead to the million man march, which was a good thing.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
In ref to club bangers then and now...

Gotta realize that clubs played different music sets then. Where now the club is one BIG set of stripper and shake ya ass songs.

In the 90's there wasn't as much chasing the fans as making the fans chase you. A nikka would put out a str8 gangsta album with nann reference to a bytch shaking her ass.
So most rappers in effect had club records.

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
This era of HipHop reminds me of when Usher and a few nukkas started putting dance routines into all of their music videos, and suddenly every R&B nukka had to learn how to dance and do the same shyt. In fact all the nukkas who couldn't faded to black(boys II men for example).

Right now every new nukka in the rap game either needs to be a super thug or Ru Paul 2.0.....it doesn't seem like there is a 3rd option.

Thats why as corny of a nukka as Drake seems, I appreciate the fact he just tries to be himself, in both his music and his style :naswon:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
In ref to club bangers then and now...

Gotta realize that clubs played different music sets then. Where now the club is one BIG set of stripper and shake ya ass songs.

In the 90's there wasn't as much chasing the fans as making the fans chase you. A nikka would put out a str8 gangsta album with nann reference to a bytch shaking her ass.
So most rappers in effect had club records.

That's the problem. A few of them 90s nikkas were obsessed with that gangsta shyt to the point where it was borderline :aicmon: but got a pass cause of quality. Many of the 80s cats hated that shyt cause it was affecting the black youth in negative ways. Ever since NWA neutered Public Enemy's influence, shyt has lost balance in one way or the other. No neutral image, just extremes of the super thug, the flaming homo, super pimp, or comedian.