Powerful New Nike Commercial Featuring Colin Kaepernick

Daps
I’d have preferred them not shoving a brainwashing message down our throats that will not improve shyt with race relations and not doing shyt about our society crumbling, you clearly are a slave to capitalism so I’ll let you cook

How do you know it won't improve race relations? How do you know that this message, delivered by a billion dollar corporation in a capitalist society that reinforces white supremacy, isn't a powerful and symbolic step forward in reconciling the racial divide in our nation and world? I think it was very bold of Nike, knowing the obvious repercussions to be felt from white America, to continue its sponsorship of Colin Kaepernick. I respect Nike for that and look forward to seeing what comes of this collaboration. I'm tired of black people who don't have shyt to offer to the struggle talking loud and dismissing all overtures of help. :francis:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
giphy.gif

CK needs to be protected at all costs. ALL COSTS. 50-100 years from now this movement will be a historic event that changed history. I'm honestly so glad to be alive to witness and support it.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you know what nikka if this is shedding light about police brutalizations then why the fukk isn’t Nike putting their foot on the neck of multiple police stations doing the shyt. You mean to tell me they pushing that message and at the same time letting the fukking Police use their shoes to bait blacks into stealing just to lock them up? Wtf
I think that nike angle with this their trying to cover themselves over their involve in that.
Video Shows Chicago Police Attempting To ‘Bait’ Black Neighborhood With Nikes And They Failed
Local activists exposed the cops.
A video from August 2 shows a partly open truck with Nike and Christian Louboutin shoes in the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago. According to Vox.com, “Local activists say it was a ‘bait truck’ placed by law enforcement to lure would-be thieves to their arrest. The truck was parked near a basketball court and traveled to other sites in the predominantly Black community on the city’s southwest.” Charles Mckenzie of the crime prevention group God’s Gorillas caught the incident on video. See below

Video Shows Chicago Police Attempting To ‘Bait’ Black Neighborhood With Nikes And They Failed

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I think that nike angle with this their trying to cover themselves over their involve in that.
Local activists exposed the cops.
A video from August 2 shows a partly open truck with Nike and Christian Louboutin shoes in the Englewood neighborhood of Chicago. According to Vox.com, “Local activists say it was a ‘bait truck’ placed by law enforcement to lure would-be thieves to their arrest. The truck was parked near a basketball court and traveled to other sites in the predominantly Black community on the city’s southwest.” Charles Mckenzie of the crime prevention group God’s Gorillas caught the incident on video. See below

Entrapment.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
They are doing this to get money no doubt but tell that to the people who Nike is donating to as part of this initiative.

You guys conflate motive with end result too often here.

Pizza hut gives wrong orders and undeliverable pizza to the homeless for free. Yes they have ulterior motives but ask a homeless man eating rotting shyt from a trashcan if he appreciates the fresh pizza and I'm sure his opinion will differ from yours.

I'm not under the guise that Nike is a friend or an ally. But, in this particular instance, their actions further my motives and that is something that I can appreciate

Yezzir

Y'all read this post again

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
And you know what nikka if this is shedding light about police brutalizations then why the fukk isn’t Nike putting their foot on the neck of multiple police stations doing the shyt. You mean to tell me they pushing that message and at the same time letting the fukking Police use their shoes to bait blacks into stealing just to lock them up? Wtf

If there's a downside you're gonna find it huh?

Kaep had no big plans. He just couldn't bring himself to cheese with these Devils* any longer

(*all white people are not bad, but about 2/3 are apparently... So if you're not a Devil then ride with us. If you not riding then obviously...)

As such, the more pub this gets the better. The world is changing because of this and the more shine it gets the more change

I'm not saying Nike is gonna save the day, I am saying that this type stuff is at worst harmless. At best this can have positive i.mpact