Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That scene with Tasha arguing with Ghost at the cemetery and then again at the apartment had her coming off as mad annoying. Just reminds you of an old ex that won't stop talking and arguing about nothing. Even when ghost said she can have the divorce and have her name back she still wasn't happy. God dayumn.

:hhh:

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Look I have a hard time with this show and an even harder time writing about it at times but you all do realize it’s a soap opera right? That doesn’t excuse anything but it does provide context. It’s a night time soap (hence it pulling it’s cliffhanger from possibly the greatest night time soap) and first and foremost, soaps are silly at times and outlandish and swing for the damn fences. You’re either with them or you’re not

i think the issue stems from it not starting out like that.
Empire is an obvious soap opera. i stopped watching after season 1. Power positioned itself as a legitimate crime drama.​

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Empire is an obvious soap opera. i stopped watching after season 1. Power positioned itself as a legitimate crime drama.​
In fact the reason most folks hopped on the Power train was that it was the crime drama most folks want rather than the over the top soap opera like Empire. I remember the overwhelming number of comparisons between the two shows.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did it tho? See that’s where I disagree if anything just for the shyt with Tasha and ghost and Sean and that whole thing. Plus the stuff with Tasha and ghost and Angie. Those are all soap opera tropes

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So James St. Patrick got nicknamed Ghost because he can talk to ghosts:ohhh:

They couldn't put those visions in a dream sequence? He's turns down a hallway, sees Kanan back from the essence, has a 3 minute convo, and it cuts to Ghost just standing there like he literally paused while they spoke:mjtf:. He's standing there talking to and touching Angela:mjtf:

"Tasha you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me. Tommy you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me. Tariq you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me. Dre you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me. Tate you can't stop me. Nothing can stop me":win:

We get it. That's the most ham fisted writing ever. That's not even like Ghost to be that damn arrogant. He's not even in office yet:what:

Police don't even care that a man was found dead on the roof of a building Mr. St. Patrick was looking to buy:beli:

All season long Tommy wants to kill Ghost. Keisha dies Tommy really wants to kill Ghost. This episode, "Ghost I know you didn't kill Keisha":yeshrug:

Raise your son in a penthouse. Buy him everything he wants. Save him from trouble. Cover up a murder for him. Come up with $2 million in a day to save him. Put him in another elite private school after he gets expelled from the other one. Tariq's response, "You've never done anything for me":gucci:

What is this fools motivation for anything he does? Worst written character on TV:snoop:

Out the blue Ghost wants Tariq to confess:comeon:

"We'll never find a judge who will buy this cell phone being in St. Patrick's possession." 10 minutes later he shows a judge the phone :unimpressed:

Everyone goes to kill Ghost at the same time:laff:

Ramona is the only good thing about this season:wow:. I can't stop staring at her lips:noah:

Last edited:

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
Tasha on some days is snitching on Ghost, the next day she sad he moving on with someone else. .

to be fair, that's pretty much normal woman behavior. :hubie:
The excuse here is that they don't even know the exact date/time that Silver went missing

they could easily backdate his time of death using the autopsy report. From there they cross reference that with everyone else's stories. literally should be the first thing they did. :mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

POWER WAS A DOPE CRIME DRAMA
THAT MORPHED INTO A COMEDY OVER THE YRS.

:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
It's the only time. He went along with Ghost's story even though clearly he was the one who killed Proctor. Why wouldn't that be a lie?

NOT SNITCHING ON YOURSELF
IS NOT THE SAME THING AS LYING.

TOMMY DIDNT KNOW WHAT GHOST TOLD DUDE
ABOUT JOEYS KILLER.
:devil:
:evil:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The kid who plays Tariq is a good actor who has been fukked over by Courtney Kemp’s disaster class writings.
I disagree, though I will say he is improving and in the last episode he did really good but if your going by his role in power then overall he did a terrible job. A job so terrible that I don't think I would want to see him in a spin-off. If they do make a spin-off with his charcter I want someone else to play him lol.

He literally had a line where he said " I wanna be like you Kanan" and came off so unbelievable saying it :russ: