Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
THIS DIDNT ANSWER DUDES QUESTION AT ALL.

TOMMY DIDNT KNOW PROCTOR KEPT
THE RECORDING.

NOW HE RANDOMLY
POPS UP ASKING GHOST ABOUT IT.
THESE WRITERS ARE GAY.
:devil:
:evil:

When Tommy went to kill Maria, Tommy heard Sax tell her that Proctor kept the recording and is testifying against Ghost/Tommy too. Tommy was in the closet.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Counterpoint to that...the first episode has Tasha finger popping in the backseat while her driver watches using the rear view mirror. The show has always been soapy.

This is the same show where Kanan survived an entire foundation being dropped on him and lit on fire. And that’s season 2? The end of season 1?

I think we’re using convenient amnesia to say this show has always been believable or a tight drama and always properly executed from a writing standpoint. Yes, it’s become broader as time went on like most shows do, but the same issues bugging someone now were there from day one. Now they’re just multiplied cause the circle got bigger

:mjlol:

This show was never well written, the acting wasn't good, and it's poorly shot at times. Power was never going to be a classic. It was very entertaining and enjoyable but it was never high quality like The Wire or Breaking Bad. This is New York Undercover with an R rating.

You know what, I agree with y'all both. I never considered it on The Wire/Breaking Bad level of potential. And that was never my expectation based on what I was seeing. I definitely overstated my own analogy. I'll hold that L. It's more like comparing a burger at a good diner to a frozen White Castle burger in terms of fall off.

But I think the characters moved more intelligently, the writing WAS tighter to my recollection, but yes, aspects were pretty fukking unrealistic. But it was seldom STUPID. I downgraded my expectations when Kanan survived for sure. But I think where we're at NOW? Is so far below even that shyt.

I thought I was getting a more sophisticated soap if anything.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:russ: Saxe looking like Jack Rackham right now.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nuza0yqUfS1rp382io6_250.gifv

:dead:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You know what, I agree with y'all both. I never considered it on The Wire/Breaking Bad level of potential. And that was never my expectation based on what I was seeing. I definitely overstated my own analogy. I'll hold that L. It's more like comparing a burger at a good diner to a frozen White Castle burger in terms of fall off.

But I think the characters moved more intelligently, the writing WAS tighter to my recollection, but yes, aspects were pretty fukking unrealistic. But it was seldom STUPID. I downgraded my expectations when Kanan survived for sure. But I think where we're at NOW? Is so far below even that shyt.

I thought I was getting a more sophisticated soap if anything.
Yeah see I never expected sophistication. All I ask is for every character to be written in character and they’ve done that. The stupid parts are grating as hell tho and I truly do believe it’s the function of the show getting bigger and spinning a lot of damn plates. Ghost getting got doesn’t make him stupid to me; it makes him arrogant which is exactly who he’s always been. Saxe is exactly where he should be based on everything established about that character. It was always going to be Tasha v keshia in the end.

The one character who has gotten the short stick in terms of writing is Tariq.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Counterpoint to that...the first episode has Tasha finger popping in the backseat while her driver watches using the rear view mirror. The show has always been soapy.

This is the same show where Kanan survived an entire foundation being dropped on him and lit on fire. And that’s season 2? The end of season 1?

I think we’re using convenient amnesia to say this show has always been believable or a tight drama and always properly executed from a writing standpoint. Yes, it’s become broader as time went on like most shows do, but the same issues bugging someone now were there from day one. Now they’re just multiplied cause the circle got bigger

:mjlol:

This show was never well written, the acting wasn't good, and it's poorly shot at times. Power was never going to be a classic. It was very entertaining and enjoyable but it was never high quality like The Wire or Breaking Bad. This is New York Undercover with an R rating.

The major flaw of this show has always been the writing. It was passable early on because it was at least somewhat grounded. After Kanan survived the fire, the show became absurd. Saying that tho, if Kanan dies in the fire and Ghost finally gets arrested for the Greg murder, the one he doesn’t commit, I think this show is seen in a better light.

It was never going to be prestige TV, but all I ask is for it to not break basic rules of its universe and not insult me as a viewer. Power has done that every episode for years.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah see I never expected sophistication. All I ask is for every character to be written in character and they’ve done that. The stupid parts are grating as hell tho and I truly do believe it’s the function of the show getting bigger and spinning a lot of damn plates. Ghost getting got doesn’t make him stupid to me; it makes him arrogant which is exactly who he’s always been. Saxe is exactly where he should be based on everything established about that character. It was always going to be Tasha v keshia in the end.

The one character who has gotten the short stick in terms of writing is Tariq.

The logic in events is just fukked up. Constantly. The passage of time. The neutering of threats, the actions of characters in response to events. They aren't out of character, but they're logically ridiculous. How law enforcement works in general is just insane. You don't have to be perfect, but wtf. It's gotten REAL dumb.

I think it was at an acceptable level in the opening seasons, but the show did have less to worry about back then. Less spinning plates. I think the writing undermines the characters constantly. Like I totally buy Ghost being arrogant, and thinking shyt is sweet. I DO think that's in character. But Courtney Kemp had to beat me over the fukking head with having him say no one can stop me in evvvvery speech. And logically, there's so much shyt that could come back on him that him thinking that was odd. "I passed my background checks". Uh okay, nikka. There's a LOTTA loose ends.

It's a comedy now to me. I don't really have ANY expectations anymore other than to have something to laugh at, and some fukkery that makes minimal sense if I think about it. I went from really enjoying the show originally, to thinking it was silly fun, to hate watching but not wanting to quit because I put time in...to acceptance and enjoyment of the fukkery.

But I think in general the current detractors of the show thought they were getting something better (even if it wasn't in the upper echelon of shows) and it just jumped completely off a cliff. And people are gonna express that in different ways.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I'm prolly in the minority, but I actually didn't mind Kanan surviving the fire. Dude was on some super goon revenge shyt so it fit his character to make it out.
shyt was better than seeing Andre escape death every other episode no matter what.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The logic in events is just fukked up. Constantly. The passage of time. The neutering of threats, the actions of characters in response to events. They aren't out of character, but they're logically ridiculous. How law enforcement works in general is just insane. You don't have to be perfect, but wtf. It's gotten REAL dumb.

I think it was at an acceptable level in the opening seasons, but the show did have less to worry about back then. Less spinning plates. I think the writing undermines the characters constantly. Like I totally buy Ghost being arrogant, and thinking shyt is sweet. I DO think that's in character. But Courtney Kemp had to beat me over the fukking head with having him say no one can stop me in evvvvery speech. And logically, there's so much shyt that could come back on him that him thinking that was odd. "I passed my background checks". Uh okay, nikka. There's a LOTTA loose ends.

It's a comedy now to me. I don't really have ANY expectations anymore other than to have something to laugh at, and some fukkery that makes minimal sense if I think about it. I went from really enjoying the show originally, to thinking it was silly fun, to hate watching but not wanting to quit because I put time in...to acceptance and enjoyment of the fukkery.

But I think in general the current detractors of the show thought they were getting something better (even if it wasn't in the upper echelon of shows) and it just jumped completely off a cliff. And people are gonna express that in different ways.
Agree completely with it not being subtle lol. I think on some things, Courtney trusts her audiences intelligence (the Shakespeare allusions) but on others, she doesn’t like your example.

And yeah see for me it’s just hard to watch at times because it’s characters doing the same stupid shyt and nobody learns. That’s what bugs me. I can deal with all the other stuff if actual growth occurs. And that growth is always two steps forward, five steps back. I guess I never expected it to be prestige tv. There are moments of it for sure but it was always a pulp soap opera for me. One that infuriates but is dope when it works

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
They built up the suspense making you think tommy got killed and it's the hitman played by cedric the entertainer :martin:

that whole scene was weird, I thought tommy was gonna shoot ghost when he pulled out.

Tommy gonna go to jail or get coked out and blow his head off since he has nothing no plug,network,no girl,no brother nobody.He serves no purpose anymore

Tommy, purpose of going to the club is the warn Ghost that old dude is after him. It was said it was two hitters I believe Tommy chased ole dude away. Wasn't Tommy and ghost pretty much squared away before the gun shoots. If Tommy wanted to knock off Ghost he could he did it during the shoot out.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wasn't he hiding in a closet or something when Proctor was telling someone about recordings he had.

When Tommy went to kill Maria, Tommy heard Sax tell her that Proctor kept the recording and is testifying against Ghost/Tommy too. Tommy was in the closet.

NO nikkaS.

PROCTOR WAS TESTIFYING THAT TOMMY KILLED ANGELA.

SAXE KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE TAPE.
:devil:
:evil: