Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’m usually here for the jokes and one liners but this shot got me legit :mindblown: The throwing shyt against the wall writing was especially apparent this episode. It’s almost like they use completely different writers every episode like the game kids play where one person starts the story and after saying a sentence or two lets the next person tell the next part.

Damn dear every character was doing off the wall shyt that you would expect the character to be much smarter about or that they have never shown the capacity to do in 6 fukkin years:

- Ghost going Ike Turner on Tasha
- Ghost and Tasha straight up snitching on each other damn near back to back. Old ghost would have gotten the strip club busted since he caught one of the strippers giving Tasha the wad of money
- Benny being a thorough boss who has Tommy shook gets murked in 30 seconds with little struggle because he tries to approach Tommy with a pocket knife? :dahell:
- Tommy

And Tasha and her trash acting gotta go :russ:

I’m one of few that is alright with Tariq and was ok with the final scene of him standing up to Ghost but I’m tired of Ghost showing so much restraint. Ghost needs to pop Riq and Riq gotta man up and show Ghost he’s bout it.

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
I can see Tariq surviving but how the hell is Dre surviving all this... this fukkin guy got one too many lives. This dude got in so much shht and lucked out every time... it don’t even make sense.... worst part is, he probably will survive
He’s been able to survive this long...

Remember when the cliffhanger for a season was Tommy/Ghost killing Dre? He’s still breathing.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Y’all buggin about Naturi, maybe because her wigs have been so awful every season, she’s always looked wack to me, but she wears less makeup now since she’s not some “stay home wife baddie” so maybe that’s what y’all are seeing - the difference between a full face makeup stimulus vs just ok makeup. She hardly ever has a full beat face in this season like she did in almost every episode in season 1

f7f292c1c682bdc1b4bc5a8096a4757c.jpg

She also went from being 29/30 at the start of the show to 35...that decline in your 30’s is real :sadcam:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Tariq's storyline ain't bad it's pretty accurate. The kid just not a good actor. Ghost ain't never did shiit for him to be honest. Yeah he got him plush gifts and shyt but most of his time he was rolling with Shawn. Shawn got knocked off, he had nobody. He gives him to Dre to babysit Not sure in what order these events happened but Ghost tells him he gonns tske him to the ball game, kid hype as fuuvk he finally bout to do shyt with his dad, then boom, World War III breaks out while he playing his gameboy. Ghost ells at him and tells him no game with no explanation. Then Kanan takes him in and turns him out.

Ghost is a bad dad.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Tariq's storyline ain't bad it's pretty accurate. The kid just not a good actor. Ghost ain't never did shiit for him to be honest. Yeah he got him plush gifts and shyt but most of his time he was rolling with Shawn. Shawn got knocked off, he had nobody. He gives him to Dre to babysit Not sure in what order these events happened but Ghost tells him he gonns tske him to the ball game, kid hype as fuuvk he finally bout to do shyt with his dad, then boom, World War III breaks out while he playing his gameboy. Ghost ells at him and tells him no game with no explanation. Then Kanan takes him in and turns him out.

Ghost is a bad dad.

I've made it clear how I feel about Tariq at this point, but you're right about the game. I still believe that if Ghost and Tariq make it to the game, a lot of things on this show never happen. Even when they're going to the game, there's no awkwardness between them at all. They actually enjoy each other's company and Tariq is genuinely happy to be around his dad. They know they're the shyt because they have the best seats in the house. :russ:

"Who got courtside tickets to the game, man? :youngsabo:"

"We do. :mjgrin:"

That was probably the last positive interaction these two characters ever had. Ghost just taking Tariq home and never explaining why they couldn't go to the game was the straw that broke the camel's back.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My theory is Ghost ends up in jail by the end of episode 10 due to being implicated on the murder of Silver.... there's still a few loopholes that can tie into the story though

- There's still the recording Proctor had
- the real killer of Lakeisha
- the phone in Angela's casket
- the whole Q storyline... y'all don't think he some undercover dude?

Ghost will find a way to manipulate the situation to his advantage as usual

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
A few more observations
This episode pissed me the fukk off, hence the late responses.

FIRST AND FOREMOST

Why introduce a character like Bennie, only to kill him off
in that shytty ass way? Herc deserved way more than that bs ending.
He went through way more shyt being a chauvinist a$$hole on The Wire.
You can tell he was too tamed in this role!

SECOND

Why didn't Ghost just shove Tasha bytch ass all the way through the wall?
If there was ever a TURNER moment I wanted to see, coming from a
man pushed too far, this was the ideal moment. TURNER!!!!

THIRD

Is Congressman O'Dog really as dense as he pretends to be?
He should have known Ghost was creeping on a come-up in
Politics. Yo dumb ass held the door wide open for him.
Be mad at yourself. :rudy:

FOURTH

Has Tariq's life really been as hard as he says its been? I mean
we all know he's a spoilt, little bratty bytchmade boy, but, he is
taking this "I hate my father thing" too gotdamn now. It's not even
believable anymore

FIFTH

Somebody please strangle fake Rosie Perez. Just hearing her talk
me wanna destroy my 50 inch on gp alone.

Gotdamn, Power so goofy now. Somebody make sense of this
mess, please.

Last edited: