Power Season 3 (Official Thread)

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I don't think the show is bad...still good imo. Not as good as before, but still:ehh:

Ironically the quality of the show dipped when Holly was killed off :dwillhuh:

They just had a terrifying gangster who runs a serbian or russian mob w.e. pretend to be a security guard for months :laff:

Like nikka u moving tons of product, but u got enough time to just stand around ghost for some revenge plan :laff:

Kanan running around the block like hes a nobody. :laff:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow, we have dudes out here calling people Cacs and c00ns because of calling this show trash. Listen, I'm one of the biggest 50 stans on this site and have been saying Omari Hardwick is up next for 5 years now. I fukked with this show heavily, up until now. This is show is bad now. If you like it and keep supporting it, thats fine, I hope black actors keep getting them cheques. That being said, I'll be done with this show, its daytime soap opera with no character consistency. Everything I liked about this show has completely diminished. I'm not one of these cats who loses interest over storylines being too unrealistic, but this show is just not entertaining all of the characters are annoying. Ghost has fallen off so hard. Too much good TV with black characters coming up and currently on for me to give this show a pass. Watch what you want to watch, I wouldn't have wrote this normally, I respect people have different taste and requirements for television. Please do not go around calling people cac and c00n because we don't want to support this subpar show.
How many have a black show runner or creator? Damn near every show has a token black character, that's they're way around providing creative opportunities.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do yall wish this show was picked up in the fall by a major network instead of being so short in the summer?

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Man there's just way too much bytchin in here. What was the incredibly outlandish thing about this past episode? While it would seem "unreal" for Kanaan to be out in public after people thought he was dead, he is in New damn York, a metro area of like 20 million people. Pretty sure there are many people roaming around in NYC that people didn't know was there.

And the Milan story line, well if Ghost and Tommy kill Lobos like they did and that was it (except for the inevitable Kanaan issue), then what the hell else would they do with the show? Move on to some rival drug game shyt between Tommy and some new character or something while Ghost runs his club business?

shyt will always have twists and turns. Ghost gets out of one situation, another one looms not far behind. That will happen until this show ends.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Not c00ns I think but definitely have to be twice as good to get half the credit bullshyt going on

TRUTH. Would rep you if I could.

Go peep that Mr. Robot thread. That show is waaaay more ambitious than Power, which makes it interesting but the ratio of entertaining episodes to "what the fukk am I watching" is like literally 4 to 16. But people in that thread gush over every boring scene.

The quality has not changed much on Power since season 1. This isn't the black Sopranos this is New York Undercover 2016.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Man there's just way too much bytchin in here. What was the incredibly outlandish thing about this past episode? While it would seem "unreal" for Kanaan to be out in public after people thought he was dead, he is in New damn York, a metro area of like 20 million people. Pretty sure there are many people roaming around in NYC that people didn't know was there.

And the Milan story line, well if Ghost and Tommy kill Lobos like they did and that was it (except for the inevitable Kanaan issue), then what the hell else would they do with the show? Move on to some rival drug game shyt between Tommy and some new character or something while Ghost runs his club business?

shyt will always have twists and turns. Ghost gets out of one situation, another one looms not far behind. That will happen until this show ends.
my only issue with this season is that Kannan really should be dead. Needless distraction.

They doing a good job making him relevant by getting Tariq mixed up with him, but that could have happened 100 different ways than Kannan being the one.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
my only issue with this season is that Kannan really should be dead. Needless distraction.

They doing a good job making him relevant by getting Tariq mixed up with him, but that could have happened 100 different ways than Kannan being the one.
I agree in that Kanaan is only alive because 50 wants to stay on the show. On almost any other show, he'd be dead, that story line would be over, and the show moves on to a new story. Ghost has the Milan shyt, the relationship shyt with Tasha and Angela, simmering issues with Tommy, etc. So yeah it's a bit of an overkill to still have Kanaan lingering on. But it stopped bothering me when I know it's just 50 wanting to keep his character on the show.

We sat around for 5 season waiting for Omar to die on the Wire. Omar jumped out of a damn high rise building and was still alive. And that's the GOAT show. So Kanaan being alive still doesn't bother me as much anymore.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had the feeling the show would go down a notch when Curtis pulled the Michael Myers act to end Season 2. Keeping him around has not been the move.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just had a terrifying gangster who runs a serbian or russian mob w.e. pretend to be a security guard for months :laff:

Like nikka u moving tons of product, but u got enough time to just stand around ghost for some revenge plan :laff:

Kanan running around the block like hes a nobody. :laff:

Yea the Milan thing is a lil nuts like ghost just hired some random private security that followed him and killed some jamaicans for him and thought to himself " yea imma fire these nikkas cause thats not strange to me" if it was like milan's 2nd in command as a plant but these nikkas dont have police files on em???

The Kanaan shyt i can just take it as ghost is really removed from the streets since he tryin to be legit so he dont talk to anybody or associate with them for obvious reasons but here ear to the street dre is being bullies and cant snitch.

Where the fukk is lala tho? I dont think she dead cause she a single parent and the lil nikka would be sitting at home for days playin ps4. CPS wouldve kicked down the door already

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Yea the Milan thing is a lil nuts like ghost just hired some random private security that followed him and killed some jamaicans for him and thought to himself " yea imma fire these nikkas cause thats not strange to me" if it was like milan's 2nd in command as a plant but these nikkas dont have police files on em???

The Kanaan shyt i can just take it as ghost is really removed from the streets since he tryin to be legit so he dont talk to anybody or associate with them for obvious reasons but here ear to the street dre is being bullies and cant snitch.

Where the fukk is lala tho? I dont think she dead cause she a single parent and the lil nikka would be sitting at home for days playin ps4. CPS wouldve kicked down the door already
:jbhmm:

Millions

Carolina Crook
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ruff Raleigh, North Carolina
I had the feeling the show would go down a notch when Curtis pulled the Michael Myers act to end Season 2. Keeping him around has not been the move.
DC storyline was dope he just returned to ny to soon

We all in Agreement Tommy going to jail for killing Ruiz ?

Show better have a crazy finale last few weeks been kinda light since Atlanta been on tv Atlanta the best show on tv easily

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I agree in that Kanaan is only alive because 50 wants to stay on the show. On almost any other show, he'd be dead, that story line would be over, and the show moves on to a new story. Ghost has the Milan shyt, the relationship shyt with Tasha and Angela, simmering issues with Tommy, etc. So yeah it's a bit of an overkill to still have Kanaan lingering on. But it stopped bothering me when I know it's just 50 wanting to keep his character on the show.

We sat around for 5 season waiting for Omar to die on the Wire. Omar jumped out of a damn high rise building and was still alive. And that's the GOAT show. So Kanaan being alive still doesn't bother me as much anymore.
Should have just kept Kanaan in DC imo. Let him build up his "army" there.

Last edited: