Power Rangers Movie Thread

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I was a teenager in HS when the Power Rangers first came out on TV...i mighta been in 10th or 11th grade when the first movie came out...so it's not really a nostalgic part of my childhood. But I did find the first 2 seasons entertaining...mostly because of the 1st grade storylines, bad acting, and cheesy costumes and set design...:pachaha:

I probably won't check this out in theaters...imo nothing can really replace the original actors.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Kids still watch power rangers man. There's a reason it's been on for 20 years in one way or another and different iterations. I have a friend with a 7 year old and she's hype for this.

modern kids arent watching mighty morphin. thats to pull in nostalgia. luckily with the series doing different runs often, kids will be able to adjust no problem, but theres no way this team wasnt used to try to bring in older viewers

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i will watch this looks like vr troopers. why couldn't they use the OG zordon and alpha voice :mjcry:

also i don't like them being super human without being in costume. Also that CGI sucks give me toy megazord transformations anyday

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Maybe I'm underestimating the Power Rangers appeal but I think this movie will flop. Not a hard flop. It'll make decent money. But nothing crazy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
modern kids arent watching mighty morphin. thats to pull in nostalgia. luckily with the series doing different runs often, kids will be able to adjust no problem, but theres no way this team wasnt used to try to bring in older viewers

That's the point I'm making. thats why its not called mighty morphin...its just called power rangers. I'm pretty sure that was purposeful homie

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
might have to see this and Beauty & the Beast in theaters because of my daughter. Hoping neither disappoints cuz i like both, but i dunno.