Power Rangers Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't believe grown ass men are excited for this bullshyt, cgi looks fukking terrible, no excuse since the transformers look clean on screen

lmao at people in here talking a story arc of power rangers being the GOAT anything lmao, shyt is sailor moon status

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Can't believe grown ass men are excited for this bullshyt, cgi looks fukking terrible, no excuse since the transformers look clean on screen

lmao at people in here talking a story arc of power rangers being the GOAT anything lmao, shyt is sailor moon status

No one is making you see shyt. Exit is that way. :camby:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F01%2Fkillme.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Twice and the Turbo movie too, I just think they chose a bad first clip :manny:

Breh...the point I'm making is, those movies aren't high art. especially turbo lol. We're adults judging something that is still in its purest form meant for kids. This is like us being our ages now in 95 looking at that movie and probably going "nah" which is exactly what i would've done and have done when i try to watch that movie. I can barely get through it without being bored or just feeling like its stupid or whatever. Nostalgia is the one thing that gets me over the finish line.

At the end of the day, regardless of how many fans the franchise has amassed in 20 years, it's still for kids and has to appeal to them first and foremost. So that clip will probably work for them rather than jaded adults who believe everything is supposed to appeal to them and if it doesn't, they raise hell

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Breh...the point I'm making is, those movies aren't high art. especially turbo lol. We're adults judging something that is still in its purest form meant for kids. This is like us being our ages now in 95 looking at that movie and probably going "nah" which is exactly what i would've done and have done when i try to watch that movie. I can barely get through it without being bored or just feeling like its stupid or whatever. Nostalgia is the one thing that gets me over the finish line.

At the end of the day, regardless of how many fans the franchise has amassed in 20 years, it's still for kids and has to appeal to them first and foremost. So that clip will probably work for them rather than jaded adults who believe everything is supposed to appeal to them and if it doesn't, they raise hell

That's my only gripe about the movie, they're pondering to kids. I would rather them go the YA aka "Hunger Games" route where it could appeal to both but i get it, it's still a kid show on air. I just have a bad feeling it's written like one as well, the "kid show to movie genre" hasn't been kind to me lately aka TMNT :russ: and you already know critics are going in to this movie expecting it to be an YA adaptation with Superheroes. It's already labeled as one

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's my only gripe about the movie, they're pondering to kids. I would rather them go the YA aka "Hunger Games" route where it could appeal to both but i get it, it's still a kid show on air. I just have a bad feeling it's written like one as well, the "kid show to movie genre" hasn't been kind to me lately aka TMNT :russ:

:yeshrug: idk what to tell you breh lol. I wish I did but it is what it is. I'm sure there are overtures to adults but at its heart, its for kids and you can't stray too far from that. the best you can do is strike a balance but you gotta rope in the kiddies first.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

why would you appeal to kids with a series that they wouldnt recognize though. this project is confusing and seeing as how saban likes to trot out mmpr to try to appeal to older fans nostalgia, i can get why older fans would initially think the series was supposed to appeal to them.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
why would you appeal to kids with a series that they wouldnt recognize though. this project is confusing and seeing as how saban likes to trot out mmpr to try to appeal to older fans nostalgia, i can get why older fans would initially think the series was supposed to appeal to them.

Kids still watch power rangers man. There's a reason it's been on for 20 years in one way or another and different iterations. I have a friend with a 7 year old and she's hype for this.