Power Rangers Movie Thread

Superstar
Daps
-Rita Repulsa, the 65 million year-old villain, is a former Green Ranger (thus explaining the green power coin that he wields and if true, confirming fan theories) who went rouge against Zordon, the former Red Ranger.

I literally predicted this a couple months ago :lolbron: @MartyMcFly

But at least this would make sense, since her costume in the movie has similarities to the other rangers' and in the TV show she created the green ranger (her suit's gotta be green for a reason right). Also I think it would be a cooler backstory that serves the darker tones they're aiming at (it would also be cool if Zordon was the OG red ranger)
Nothing, I just think unlike other wacky internet theories like the Jason Todd one you mentioned, this one just makes sense and fits to me (green suit that looks like the other rangers, "I've killed other rangers before", Elizabeth Banks herself saying Rita's backstory has a connection with the Rangers, Rita creating the green ranger in the show, Power Rangers always being about old teams and generations) Granted I doubt its true but I like it
I feel you breh. I just don't think its interesting. She and Zordon doing this thing for generations and the rangers being just another iteration -- which has always been the story -- just makes more sense to me. The suit would look similar because no doubt, the tech is probably the same because you're right, she created the green ranger coin so she has an insight into creating her own ranger and the tech they use. She doesn't need to be a former green ranger for that

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I wonder whose gonna be green this time around :patrice:

Will rita come back as a anti hero once zed comes around? (why the fukk do I still remember some of these people smh)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
power-rangers-zords-rising-vr-223181.jpg

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Uchu-Sentai-Kyuranger.jpg

NEW SUPER SENTAI SERIES WAS MADE WITH AMERICAN CREATIVE INPUT

Hardcore fans of Bandai’s “Power Rangers” realize the majority of its fight sequences were clipped from its Japanese counterpart “Super Sentai.” All one had to do was notice the slight differences in Rangers’ costumes and video quality to see scenes didn’t line up perfectly. Now, for the first time ever, the American producers behind the long-running “Power Rangers” television series were allowed to give creative input to “Super Sentai”‘s newest season, “Uchu Sentai Kyuranger.”

RELATED: Power Rangers Ninja Steel Arrives With First Trailer

In an interview with No Pink Spandex, Bandai America’s former Senior Director of Marketing Greg Mitchell revealed, “We got brought in pretty early on and got to hear what the creative pitch for the show was, which was a space zodiac cosmos type of thing which we get excited about. (Bandai America) got to help at the conceptual stage to think about what could the zords be, what could the weaponry be, what would be the Ranger Key or Dino Charger?”

Mitchell specifically references Captain America and the ever-changing superhero marketplace as a reason for the two divisions finally collaborating as one unit.

“Think about Captain America. He used to wear red, white and blue spandex. His costume became more cool and tactical looking. He aged up the look of a classic hero. We were constantly bringing up examples like that never to undermine what makes Power Rangers Power Rangers but to say, let us help to form the shape of Power Rangers as respectively as possible to make it competitive as possible in the US.”

Rather than Bandai America having to brainstorm creative ways to take footage from “Sentai” and make it work for “Power Rangers,” the two can work together to bring an overall better product to both fanbases.

The 41st season of Toei’s “Super Sentai” series is titled “Uchu Sentai Kyuranger” and debuts Feb. 12, 2017.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Nikka Power Rangers is already silly as fukk:heh:
This doesn't look good...at all. Not going back and forth with you nikkas. That's my opinion. To make it worse, the Ivan Ooze joint made 20 years ago would probably get better ratings today than this will.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This movie has 2015 FF vibes :manny:

nikkas hiding the movie behind toys and merch. We've only seen one trailer and it comes out in 2 months

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
power-rangers-movie-zordon.jpg

“Power Rangers” fans eagerly awaiting their first look at Bryan Cranston as the team’s disembodied mentor Zordon are in luck; the first glimpse of the award-winning actor’s character has surfaced.

And we do mean “glimpse.” While many of the previous initial looks at the various “Power Rangers” characters like the Putty Patrollers have arrived in the form of early toy photos, this image, which surfaced at Power Rangers Now, comes from a photo of a cell phone screen as it plays video from the “Power Rangers Movie” virtual reality experience at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Like we said, it’s a mere glimpse of Cranston’s character, though from what we can make out in the photo, it appears as though he’ll be one of the characters maintaining a relatively faithful appearance to his predecessor. And, as pointed out by Power Rangers Now, we also get a look at Zordon’s redesigned robot assistant Alpha 5 in the lower left of the frame.

RELATED: New Power Rangers Film Gives Alpha 5 A Major Makeover

Discussing his role in 2016, Cranston said he was performing a lot of motion-capture work, with plans to dub the character into scenes through CGI. “The tenant of that storyline is that this a real person who is trapped in this etherworld and it becomes this in-the-wall so to speak of [the command center], He still has a heart and mind, but an agenda that he’s got to get these five Power Rangers to defend the Earth or else everyone they know will be killed.” Whether this means we’ll actually see what Zordon looked like in his man, pre-floating blue head form, remains unknown.

Starring Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa, Ludi Lin as Black Ranger Zack, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger Jason, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger Kimberly, Becky G as Yellow Ranger and RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger Billy, “Power Rangers” opens on March 24, 2017.
Photo Offers First Glimpse of Bryan Cranston as Power Rangers' Zordon

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Probably saving the marketing budget to finish effects for one big trailer blowout

It better be good too or else Lionsgate has another Gods of Egypt on their hands