Power Rangers Movie Thread

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think he's just using the dark knight as shorthand for something that shines the characters in a different light. Comparing dark knight to the tv show of batman is night and day

I don't think he realizes what a big mistake he made. Batman has had nuanced and intelligent (and yes, "grim") source material for eons now, and had a very dark tone to begin with (Bob Kane era). Power Rangers is a childhood favorite of all real nikkas born 85-90'ish, but let's be honest the writing is retarded, and the concept is ridiculous. I love MMPR, but as a serious action drama it's beyond salvage.

I'm hoping for the best, but this is at least 85% likely to be another bad Hollywood adaptation.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think he realizes what a big mistake he made. Batman has had nuanced and intelligent (and yes, "grim") source material for eons now, and had a very dark tone to begin with (Bob Kane era). Power Rangers is a childhood favorite of all real nikkas born 85-90'ish, but let's be honest the writing is retarded, and the concept is ridiculous. I love MMPR, but as a serious action drama it's beyond salvage.

Yeah but again I don't think he was saying it's that serious. He used it as a shorthand to say it's not like what you're used to but Cranston is also probably a cat who doesn't have comic book knowledge and his batman knowledge starts with the tv show

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but again I don't think he was saying it's that serious. He used it as a shorthand to say it's not like what you're used to but Cranston is also probably a cat who doesn't have comic book knowledge and his batman knowledge starts with the tv show

Yeah, he mentioned that he initially didn't want to do Batman: Year One because he was mostly familiar with Batman through the camp Adam West show, but the script greatly exceeded his expectations so he signed on.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm more offended the black ranger isn't named Zack and the Asian isn't Billy to be honest. Always thought it was kind of :patrice: having the black, red and yellow rangers be an African American, Asian and American indian. Its 2016 that shyt wouldn't fly today, but no Asian family is naming their kid zack I can tell you that

Nah, a lot of Asians get "Christian" alternate names when they emigrate West, especially the kids.

They're making the black Billy a Finn type of character :snoop: :shaq2:. It seems black men can't get into sci-fi roles unless they're emasculated cucks.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Nah, a lot of Asians get "Christian" alternate names when they emigrate West, especially the kids.

They're making the black Billy a Finn type of character :snoop: :shaq2:. It seems black men can't get into sci-fi roles unless they're emasculated cucks.
How do you know that fam :jbhmm:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Love the song. Don't like the character. Shyt, love the dragon dagger too. And Saba. Tommy Oliver can kick rocks though. Gold shield always looked better on Jason anyway:smugdraper:

4eb7f61838fb8360648c0a1e84aaa57d.jpg
Yeah when Jason had both power coins he might have been the most powerful ranger ever :wow:

Looked cool on Zach also.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How do you know that fam :jbhmm:

He's the nerd. And:

Billy – 17 years old, slight and awkward. Billy is challenged in his abilities to communicate and interact socially. Whip-smart and sweet, but always odd. Sometimes in a fun way, sometimes not, Billy is a kid with no filter. Showing his emotions, understanding sarcasm, and dealing with his OCD is a constant challenge. Has never really had any friends and instantly gravitates towards Jason.

Power Rangers Movie Character Names and Descriptions Revealed

The black Billy will be the fall guy and the moist foil that makes the Jason character look more badass.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

What's wrong with fin?

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What's wrong with fin?

He was the first black main character in the series, and the entire time he was just the butt end of all the scenarios and mostly a coward. He was disappointing considering the trailers hyped him up to be the Han Solo of the new trilogy or even a Jedi.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:lolbron: Nah bruh, that's EXACTLY what I want to see!!! I need Zach to hit a Nae Nae in the middle of a 10 piece combo or something! :russ:

If we doing campy, let's go all the way with it! :yeshrug:
They aren't going for campy though. Bryan Cranston said this tone difference will be to the og series how Nolans version was from the Adam West version. The promo pictures are reflecting that so far.:ehh:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Especially with the most epic intro for a Power Ranger

:russ:that nikka broke in there and smacked up Trini

edit: then he straight backhanded Kimberly

Jason stepped up and he threw a knife at homie :lolbron:

that japanese footage spliced with that american corniness :ohlawd:

been meaning to check out the full japanese version because from the little ive seen, that shyt is live..green ranger fukkin them up cause him and the red ranger are brothers and he blames dude for their father's death:ohhh:

Last edited:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami