Power Rangers Movie Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Elizabeth Banks huh?

I don't hate it but someone ethnic (I know Rita was played by a Spanish woman) would've been nice.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
All hopes of this shyt being serious ruined with her being cast as Rita.

fukk. :to:

Daniel.

Daps
The corny ass casting too. The homely Spanish chick from Empire playing Trini the goddess? That every body hates Chris lookin kid that's the lone black representation plays a nerdy kid that's on Jason's dikk? And worst of all, the Aussie they have taking Jason's spot? My GOAT ranger played by a corny scraggly Aussie? :to:

Only cast that fits the description is the Pink ranger. She has the rebel look that isn't OG Kimberly, but
matches the description. Asian black ranger being a
classclown from the trailer park? :usure:

Fanboy comin out hard now man. I don't like the makeup of the cast man. :to:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The corny ass casting too. The homely Spanish chick from Empire playing Trini the goddess? That every body hates Chris lookin kid that's the lone black representation plays a nerdy kid that's on Jason's dikk? And worst of all, the Aussie they have taking Jason's spot? My GOAT ranger played by a corny scraggly Aussie? :to:

Only cast that fits the description is the Pink ranger. She has the rebel look that isn't OG Kimberly, but
matches the description. Asian black ranger being a
classclown from the trailer park? :usure:

So you're passing judgement on the flick before you've seen A picture, let alone a trailer? come on now breh, be better than that

Daniel.

Daps
Not the movie, the casting.

Jason looks like Sheldon from Big Bang. "Trini" having seen her in Empire? Ugh.

Pink Ranger cast looks right for the description, Asian looks like a model and is described as trailer trash and the Black/Blue ranger looks like he's 14 - perfect for the Billy role, depressing considering he's following up the Black excellence Zach brought us.

I can't be better than that. It's Power Rangers bruh :to:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Pink Ranger cast looks right for the description, Asian looks like a model and is described as trailer trash and the Black/Blue ranger looks like he's 14 - perfect for the Billy role, depressing considering he's following up the Black excellence Zach brought us.

Its power rangers :dame:

dial back those expectations, compensate for nostalgia, and remember what year it is:stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

So again you're basing it off of looks rather than acting. SEE them do their thing first breh then cast judgement. If you see the on screen and it looks terrible to you, then that's one thing, but right now you're going off of pictures and someone's acting on a show that's not really known for great acting (Empire). Relax homie

Its power rangers :dame:

dial back those expectations, compensate for nostalgia, and remember what year it is:stopitslime:

And also...yeah

Daniel.

Daps
:russ: Like I give a fukk about the acting - like you said bruh, it's Power Rangers.

You take an established franchise, nostalgic characters and replace them with people that don't look the part. Ya, bruh, some people find have a response to the way they LOOK. I don't expect much, but I can't take Sheldon seriously as the Red Ranger, no matter how well he nails "Its Morphin Time" :russ:

Daniel.

Daps
nikkas feel so empowered not to speak to casting cuz Heath Ledger had people looking dumb. Sometimes, just sometimes, the actors don't fit the descriptions or the visuals. They may be great, I still don't wanna see a kid that looks like he's about to whip and nene or some shyt play Billys role.

I'll just hope it's a new generation of em and leave it at that. No more expectations.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
nikkas feel so empowered not to speak to casting cuz Heath Ledger had people looking dumb. Sometimes, just sometimes, the actors don't fit the descriptions or the visuals. They may be great, I still don't wanna see a kid that looks like he's about to whip and nene or some shyt play Billys role.

I'll just hope it's a new generation of em and leave it at that. No more expectations.

I don't think it's feeling empowered breh. I think most of us realize the older we get that casting judgement beforehand isn't a good look. I'm not expecting them to find a guy who looks like Austin St. John to play Jason. If he can embody the character, not the look of the character, but the character (whatever little character was there to begin with) then I'm good. I don't need carbon copies of the original 5 just portray what was there and add to it because there's going to need to be more dimensions in those characters to sustain a two hour movie much less a whole franchise. They were paper thin on the tv show

Edit: and it's not just Heath ledger. Fans were upset with Keaton as batman too. This is a fanboy tradition almost 30 years old.