Power Rangers Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So Saban confirmed earlier that they're going with the original ranger names. Cool. But how in the hell does that work for Becky G, clearly Hispanic, to be going as Trini?

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
So Saban confirmed earlier that they're going with the original ranger names. Cool. But how in the hell does that work for Becky G, clearly Hispanic, to be going as Trini?

I don't get this at all. Half the articles I read about this movie says its a reboot/re-imagining of MMPR with the old characters being played by new actors, the other half say its takes place in the same universe with a new team taking the torch from the old MMPR team, and the Dino Charge team are going to be in it too. :mindblown:

We need official info about this.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't get this at all. Half the articles I read about this movie says its a reboot/re-imagining of MMPR with the old characters being played by new actors, the other half say its takes place in the same universe with a new team taking the torch from the old MMPR team, and the Dino Charge team are going to be in it too. :mindblown:

We need official info about this.

I rescind my comment breh. I was reading a site and it reminded me that Trini was originally played by a hispanic girl and her name was Trini after the pilot. Completely forgot about that

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I tapped out after Lightspeed Rescue but came back to watch Dino Thunder (Tommy as the Black Ranger :blessed:) . I've heard that Ninja Storm was a top 5 contender though.

Also keep in mind that the 2014 hit The Maze Runner had a similar budget, a large cast of young actors, and plenty of jaw-dropping effects; that film went on to net over $340 million worldwide.

Timeout. There was a stretch of weeks between August and Sept that absolutely nothing in theatres. Audiences were begging for a movie and Maze Runner lucked out.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ight y'all who best looking female ranger? I got ashley tanya and ashley from in space cassie too
I wanted Ashley so bad lol I think she is easily the baddest.

DSC06541.jpg

with%20Tracy%20Lynn%20Cruz.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean idk if i buy that tbh, its not a reboot they're said that before.

That's the official twitter breh:whoknows: right now the only official word we have is press releases, and little bits the director has shared. He hasn't officially said what it is and what it isn't, that's just the rumors on the net so until I see official word from someone, I see everything as a possibility