Power of the cloud??? no ...not really, the ps4 pulls away in power using something called HUMA

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's wassup
Nah you say? Nah? :leon:

Shall I posteth ye PSN gamertag record so we can see how much you loooooved KZ2 & 3 (which wouldn't be very much love)

I would be having a hard time understanding why you care for KZ-PS4 but the reason is obvious
And that, is hilarious :wow:
I can pull up quotes from you hating on every single xbox one game. I be trying to hate on PS4 games like you do, but they all multiplat :win:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
shyt looks like Crysis 3, but whatever
That shyt looks WORSE than crysis 3 tho :huhldup: (not that crysis 3 looks bad cuz it doesn't)
It looks like the same Killzone but with more colors. And that is a horrible idea because killzone established itself as a bland boring ass game. Now its colorful, but still looks as boring as ever. I'd rather have the bland since they established that. How you gonna change up the entire look of the universe?

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, the company responsible for the CPU/GPU in both machines is saying the Ps4 is much more powerful, yet @Smooth3d and @MeachTheMonster have spent the last 6 months saying the gap isn't big, word :lupe:

ehhh so the company who's business it is to have success on it is saying it should be successful... interesting. Saying anything else would be undercutting their business.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So, the company responsible for the CPU/GPU in both machines is saying the Ps4 is much more powerful

well that seems to be a point of contention

lets look at this another way: true or not, do you think someone the Senior Product Marketing Manager from AMD would really come out and say that at this time?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not gonna lie to you. The worst thing about this... is that Sony stans will run with it and say wait till they start using this. I don't want all that. I want to see this in the games. But they say there won't be much difference between the multiplat games so ah. I honestly have decided to go with the xbox one. I hoped that Sony would reveal something about PSN that would imply an upgrade had taken place. that didn't happen. I expected to see some great graphics... I don't think they have anything playable.

Shut the hell up.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
http://www.pcper.com/news/General-T...SoC?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You might have seen some reports in the last couple of days claiming that the upcoming Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) will have a big advantage over the Xbox One thanks to its unique ability to support AMD's hUMA memory architecture. hUMA, heterogeneous unified memory architecture, is an exciting new memory technology that AMD has built into upcoming APUs.

Josh published a story on hUMA that sums it as so:

The idea behind hUMA is quite simple; the CPU and GPU share memory resources, they are able to use pointers to access data that has been processed by either one or the other, and the GPU can take page faults and not rely only on page locked memory. Memory in this case is bi-directionally coherent, so coherency issues with data in caches which are later written to main memory will not cause excessive waits for either the CPU or GPU to utilize data that has been changed in cache, but not yet written to main memory.

There's just one problem with these various reports (VR-Zone, ExtremeTech): they're incorrect. After sending some emails to our representatives at AMD I was told that "Kabini doesn't support hUMA" which is the APU that both the PS4 and Xbox One processors are based on. AMD further clarified with us:

Our spokesperson made inaccurate statements about our semi-custom APU architectures and does not speak for Microsoft, Sony or the AMD semi-custom business unit responsible for co-developing the next generation console APUs.

So while the PS4 will still be a faster system thanks to its higher SIMD processor (GPU core) count, there is no support for a true heterogeneous unified memory architecture in either upcoming console platform.

NOTE: I have had several people point out that it's possible Sony and Microsoft worked on their own custom memory architectures that will perform similar functionally to hUMA. That is entirely possible but means that official hUMA support isn't on the SoCs.

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
53012d1353007673-halal-meat-made-switzerland-thread_closed.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
it's an interesting issue, and I would say it's still 'open'

this reminds me of last week when the nvidia guy 'confirmed' gta5 for the PC. and of course no one could imagine how the nvidia guy could possibly be mistaken... but he was :dry: